Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #3401
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

actually the detective cars usually are loaded up like a regular cv just have the good suspension. im sure your whole back interior is pr 98.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #3402
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

seat is 98+ I think, brand new either way. Belts on the floor are tan pre 98. So the center belt works since it attaches to the pre-98 buckle. But the ones on the pillar are stock 2001 so they don't fit into the pre-98 buckles. Idk what year the panels are but I found pics of them:

You can't tell they're tan unless you look close at edges and the carpet (lol silver carpet) areas. But look to the right. You can see part of the door there, the panel isn't long enough. What's odd is that the design on the panel matches the front:

So they changed the size at some point but didn't change the pattern on the door if that makes sense.

The size doesn't really bother me, I just want them to be grey. That little gap isn't a big deal.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #3403
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

thats like a 50 dollar fix juan just need the lower buckels and different rear panels. yes the pre 98 had shorter rear than 98 and newer. that is also pi rear seat not a regular cv. best thing is to find a regular cv/street appearance car and pull panels lowe belts and seat out. prob could about even trade the shit. and 98 up would work. also that is pi door panels in back the regular ones had a little more things done to it. if was closer would buy your cv way it sets and fix it.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 10-27-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #3404
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
thats like a 50 dollar fix juan just need the lower buckels and different rear panels.
I know, I just haven't done it yet. It's not that big of a deal to me, just one of the things I need to take care of if I keep it.

Quote:
that is also pi rear seat not a regular cv. best thing is to find a regular cv/street appearance car and pull panels lowe belts and seat out. prob could about even trade the shit. and 98 up would work. also that is pi door panels in back the regular ones had a little more things done to it.
I'm fine with the seat. It's a different fabric but it's the correct color, it's brand new, and it fits. If I had a chance to get a CVLX seat for cheap then sure I'd grab it but I don't mind this one at all.

The lower belts and door panels are the only things I want to swap in the rear.

Quote:
if was closer would buy your cv way it sets and fix it.
If I had a garage and had done a swap before, there's no question I'd keep it.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Current list of shit the CV needs:

Major:
  • Engine swap - no compression on cylinder #5, won't pass emissions because of the CEL
Semi-Major:
  • Paint - sand down to the metal, fill a hole in the roof, , new bumper covers, a couple minor dents
Etc:
  • New headlights/corners - current ones are yellow as fuck
  • Rear door panels - current ones are tan pre-98 with silver rattle can
  • Rear seat belts - current ones are tan pre-98
  • Drivers door switch panel - corroded, causes mirrors/windows to behave oddly at times
  • Find short in front speakers - occassionally one or both of the front speakers will cut out
  • Replace battery cable ends - i hate the stock "thin metal strip" cable ends, they keep corroding on me

Honestly, I think that's it. Besides the Engine, none of it is vital and besides the engine/paint is is all easy/cheap to take care of. I'm hoping I can find a shop with a decent price to swap the motor because I'd definitely like to keep it.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #3405
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i think my cousins 94 cv cost about 800 to get engine and do swap. i wish i had bought that car. only had 94k on it was harlan pd car. the engine blew in a pursuit. he had like 1200 in whole car.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #3406
stonehenge

800 for engine and swap in a shop!? or 800 for engine/parts and he did it himself?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #3407
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

no shop did it or local guy that does mechanic work one of the two. he paid 400 engine then guy installed it for 400. is just a day job. like i said most people just charge 350-400 bucks to install one.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

only charged 350 for sisters blazer. engine cost 500. that is the chevy dealers top mechanic that works on the side in town. idk who did cousins.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #3408
stonehenge

then lol @ $4k quote

it included a 95k mi engine and probably some sort of warranty but damn
Old 10-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #3409
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

4k who the fuck works on your car

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

like i said find out who works on the police cars in your town.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

4k you could rebuild your engine about 2 times

Old 10-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #3410
stonehenge

The place I go to is actually decent priced for most things. I'm thinking they just don't do engine swaps normally so they are overcharging for it. Will call around. Idk who the hell works on the cop cars here, I don't know any policez.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #3411
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

you could always ask around. ours are done by a retired kve officer.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #3412
stonehenge

I think they have their own shop (two actually): http://gs.tucsonaz.gov/gs/general-se...enance-section
Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #3413
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

look for more of the custom shops too imo. some that might actually have done ls into whatever swaps. a ford engine swap should (hopefully) be a little cheaper compared to a full blown custom swap

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #3414
stonehenge

good point. Find a shop that does crazy swaps and they'll be able to do a direct one fo cheap
Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #3415
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
seat is 98+ I think, brand new either way. Belts on the floor are tan pre 98. So the center belt works since it attaches to the pre-98 buckle. But the ones on the pillar are stock 2001 so they don't fit into the pre-98 buckles. Idk what year the panels are but I found pics of them:

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1044/5186812211_fbf7a78acd_b.jpg[IMG]

You can't tell they're tan unless you look close at edges and the carpet (lol silver carpet) areas. But look to the right. You can see part of the door there, the panel isn't long enough. What's odd is that the design on the panel matches the front:

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1019/5186810951_95c6b15486_b.jpg[img]

So they changed the size at some point but didn't change the pattern on the door if that makes sense.

The size doesn't really bother me, I just want them to be grey. That little gap isn't a big deal.
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #3416
stonehenge

pls don't get skeet on my platinum door panels kthx
Old 10-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #3417
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Quote:
I think they have their own shop (two actually): http://gs.tucsonaz.gov/gs/general-se...enance-section
some depts do we do in frankfort but regular repairs are outsourced since frankfort be 2 hour drive. one of those guys may work on the side or something. best advice to find decent people find the best old guy auto parts store in town ask them who everyone uses thats reasonable to do shit like that.

my uncle runs the napa so i find alot of shit like that.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 10-27-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #3418
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
pls don't get skeet on my platinum door panels kthx
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #3419
Dubyagee

Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.

Some salvage yards do engine swaps. Call a taxi cab company. They have all the cheap CV crap and connections.
Dubyagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #3420
stonehenge

Called a couple places. First one said $5-6000 for reman + labor. The labor is $2000-2100. fts

Second place said labor is $600-700, parts are $150-400 depending on what they reuse, what hoses/belts/etc are needed. Motors either come from car-part.com for used or Jasper Engine's for rebuilds. Or I can bring my own.

Idk, I'm afriad of buying a used motor for $500, paying $1000 to install it, and then the motor gives me trouble because it isn't any good. There's no warranty on that shit and I don't have money to waste. I also don't have a garage to work on it if it acts up. Nawmeenz?

idk
Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #3421
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

most places give you a 90 day warranty.

logically you can think of it this way 1000-1500 and if it fucks up you have 30-90 day warrantry. or you can spend 3-5k on a car and it can fuck up with 60k miles in 90 days.........

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 10-28-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #3422
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Called a couple places. First one said $5-6000 for reman + labor. The labor is $2000-2100. fts

Second place said labor is $600-700, parts are $150-400 depending on what they reuse, what hoses/belts/etc are needed. Motors either come from car-part.com for used or Jasper Engine's for rebuilds. Or I can bring my own.

Idk, I'm afriad of buying a used motor for $500, paying $1000 to install it, and then the motor gives me trouble because it isn't any good. There's no warranty on that shit and I don't have money to waste. I also don't have a garage to work on it if it acts up. Nawmeenz?

idk
Yeah that is a bit of a conundrum. Even if you get a warranty on the engine, it's not going to cover labor.

stonehenge.

Y U NO CONFIDENT IN TRYING IT YOURSELF?

It's already a loss...just give it a try.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #3423
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

most people will bench run it and all that shit.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #3424
stonehenge

I'd have to do it in a garage on the other side of town and I'd probably fuck something up (see intake manifold swap).

Found a motor in Billerica, MA. $450, 96k mi http://www.usejack.com/index.php

idk what shipping on a damned engine would be though
Old 10-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #3425
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shipping no dont do that go to local yard and get one one