Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #3176
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

I agree with NHB. The rough idle could be because the intake isn't sealed good or it may have a hairline crack from the factory. I have bought parts that were bad before. If its cracked around where the hose goes in, it could be leaking there and pulling air through it making it lean and run shitty. MAF will do that as well. Make sure all the grounds are back on and double check all the connections.
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #3177
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

We both checked all the connections and couldn't find anything loose, broken or unplugged. I checked the MAF, Airbox, intake tube for leaks and couldn't find anything. Grounds are back on.

A crack in the intake manifold or problem with it sealing (it has built-in o-rings instead of a gasket) could be a reason. We cleaned the old gasket off with cleaner and a razor blade then smoothed it out using a red scotch bright. Bitch was smooth as fuck with no holes/grooves. Then we used o-ring lube on all the rings before we bolted it down. It SHOULD be sealed right. A crack is always possible tho.

We sprayed wd40 everywhere while it was running and never got any reaction.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #3178
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

I'm not sure WD-40 would be flammable enough to notice a change in idle through a vacuum leak/crack. Spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid around it. Its hard to diagnose car issues over the net but it seems like you have covered everything.

Quote:
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
Old 07-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #3179
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Actually, now that you mention it, we were using brake cleaner.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #3180
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

Ok, yea that works well but will eat paint off so I never use it. Hope you get it sorted out. Gotta be something small you're just overlooking something. Good luck with it tho

Quote:
Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #3181
stonehenge

Yeah, it isn't knocking or anything crazy, it is just rougher than it should be. Hopefully we'll figure it out next time we can both meet and play with it some more.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #3182
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

maf could be dirty too

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #3183
stonehenge

hmm it was fine before we tore it apart, but it was disconnected and sitting on a table for weeks in AZ, it could have got some dust/dirt in it. I'm pretty sure I have a can of electronics/MAF cleaner so I'll clean it out next time I'm over there.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

for the lulz, here's a pic of the cleaned up fitting/nipple/whatever behind the water pump (I got some of the orange o-ring leftovers out after this pic):

and here's the mexichanic hangin out:

Old 07-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #3184
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwtr02ss View Post
Ok, yea that works well but will eat paint off so I never use it. Hope you get it sorted out. Gotta be something small you're just overlooking something. Good luck with it tho
Brake fluid eats paint. Brake cleaner is pretty gentle, like carburetor cleaner without the oil. Chlorinated brake cleaners are a little more aggressive but I bet Juan can't get those in AZ.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:28 AM   #3185
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

cv so clean
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 AM   #3186
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Mustang...5a7c66&vxp=mtr
Old 07-29-2014, 04:41 AM   #3187
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

hnnnnnnngggg

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #3188
stonehenge

be right back flawduh

Old 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #3189
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Brake fluid eats paint. Brake cleaner is pretty gentle, like carburetor cleaner without the oil. Chlorinated brake cleaners are a little more aggressive but I bet Juan can't get those in AZ.
If you have purchased a new brake caliper that has been remanufactured, it will eat the black/silver paint right off. Same thing on a rotor that you just painted with the high temp paint. If the valve cover or anything that isn't base/clear is painted, it will eat it off as well. Also, DOT 5 brake fluid will not eat paint off.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #3190
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwtr02ss View Post
If you have purchased a new brake caliper that has been remanufactured, it will eat the black/silver paint right off. Same thing on a rotor that you just painted with the high temp paint. If the valve cover or anything that isn't base/clear is painted, it will eat it off as well. Also, DOT 5 brake fluid will not eat paint off.
True, but those paints haven't cured yet and DOT5 is not commonly used.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #3191
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

DOT 5 is suppose to be the new standard. I used it on my 74' when I did the frame off on it. Base/clear, had a few leaks from junk ass pre-bent brake lines that I bought from LMC and over paid for. It didn't even haze the clear.

Also, how is a brake caliper that was painted in a factory, not fully cured by the time I get it?

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #3192
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Dot5 should NOT be used like that.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_5
Using DOT 5 in a DOT 3 or DOT 4 system without proper flushing will cause damage to the seals and cause brake failure.[citation needed] DOT 5 brake fluid is not compatible with anti-lock brake systems.

Fuck LMC. GM now sells AC Delco pre bent kits for $50, I just ordered one.

Caliper paint doesn't fully cure until brake heat cures it, unless they oven-cure it in the factory.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #3193
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

My entire brake system is new. Everything under the truck is new including all new bolts, wiring, etc. Only thing factory on the truck is the interior and paint

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Maybe you were referring to the new shit with ABS. Hell I was under the impression that it is what everything was going to. My old truck has never heard of ABS lol

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

and yes. fuck LMC. I prob spent $7k with them before I realized they were a joke.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #3194
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

fuck abs

Old 08-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #3195
stonehenge

Put the CV back together with the old intake manifold (new gasket) and old plugs. Still runs rough. Leak is fixed.

Fucking tires of dealing with this. It ran smooth as fuck before we took it apart so something must has fucked up in the process of taking it apart and putting it back together. Maybe a coil fucked up somehow or an injector is plugged? Idk but it isn't throwing a damned code.

Gonna take it to a shop next week for diagnostics. More $.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #3196
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

fuck these CV's. tricky cunts

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #3197
stonehenge

It worked fine before we tore it apart. We broke something or something fucked up while it was apart for around a month. :|

Old 08-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #3198
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

poor some alcohol down the tank or fuel treatment. that could be it where it has been setting.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #3199
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

get out
Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #3200
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer