Thread: Funny... Found on Craigslist
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Cliff's notes:

300,000 miles.
A/C broken.
Power steering leak.
"Body is not in perfect condition"
Fog lights broken.
Odometer broken.
Price: More than KBB retail price in "excellent" condition. $6500.

He mentions that it's on it's second engine and transmission. I'm going to guess that they were put in at 150,000-170,000 miles. That's the mileage when a 1995 Volvo 850's engine and transmission would usually fail; look for them on Craigslist, you'll find plenty for sale with failed engine or transmission at that mileage. Therefore, it's been 130,000-150,000 miles since he put in the replacement engine and transmission and he knows it's a ticking time bomb.

Particularly jesty: "The buyer of this car will have a $45,000 vehicle for a whole lot less money." Right, that's a $45,000 car...

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/1474918314.html
Quote:
1995 Volvo T5-R 850 Black For Sale (Berlin)
Date: 2009-11-20, 2:22PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

For Sale 1995 Volvo T5-R 850 with 300,000+ miles.

I have owned this car since 1996 when it had 29,000 miles on it. It is a fabulous car for both and local and cross country use. It has been well maintained by a very skilled mechanic. I just think it's time for a new car. It is not a car that gives headaches. The buyer of this car will have a $45,000 vehicle for a whole lot less money. I am seeking a high price, because for it's age and mileage, it is a cream puff. I'd like to get as close to $6500 as possible; make a reasonable offer.

Kelly Blue Book -Retail $6,375 (excellent condition)
-Private $3,900-$4,900
-Trade-in $2,500-$3,400

-The car is fully loaded with every option available (power/heated everything, leather, etc).
-On it's second engine and second transmission.
-Two sets of snow tires on 15" steel rims.
-Set of summer tires on 16" alloy rims.
-Set of hubcaps.
-Thule roof rack (box is optional for $300).
-All records for the car itself.
-The oil is changed every 2,500 miles by a Volvo Certified Tech. The car performs great and does not burn oil.
-The transmission works very well

Note:
-A/C is inop.
-Very minor power steering box leak.(one pint every 6 months)
-The body is not in perfect condition.
-Fog Lights inop.
-The odometer has locked up (though the electronic one works fine).

Please send an email if you need more pictures or more information.

Thanks.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests