View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default New cowmobile - Crisisler 300

has been off the road for a few years, probably about as long as we've been away from AOT. It needed some re-engineering and I've been super lazy about it. I'd work on it for a few hours then not touch it for days, months, or a year at a time. I think the re-hacking is done so all that remains is to put the transmission back in, replace brake lines that rusted while it has been sitting, and probably replace lots of hoses and belts that likely rotted too...might only need a couple Saturdays of work but it's been at that point for probably a year.

In the meantime, in Spring 2020 I was given a 2005 Chrysler 300 - 3.5L V6, RWD, etc. I've always been anti-Crisisler but I gotta admit it's a super nice way to get around. It even has a moonroof! I've always wanted one, but never had one. Also has air conditioning that actually works! Very comfy, plenty of room, tons of little luxuries, and surprisingly quick for an old-tech V6 in a 4,000lb full size car with a 4 speed slushbox.

With 260,000 miles on the clock it definitely exhibits the Crisisler shitty reliability that I've always expected, but it doesn't work out as badly as expected. It's mostly far easier to fix than my rotted GMs have been with all their seized bolts...fasteners simply come right out the way they should, and most of the things I've fixed have been very easy to access. Apart from one pulley that would have been easy if I had borrowed/bought the right tool, replacing the timing belt was a cakewalk, for example. It can even report its own OBD2 codes after doing a little dance with the ignition key!

Photos?

Imagine a typical beat-up aging off-white 300 with rusty rocker panels and dented fenders. It's not anything to show off!