Thread: IT Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:00 PM   #2531
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I am their IT, thats the bad part. THey have other vendors that support different equipment there, but for the most part, I'm the man. And for this, everybody is depending on me to get it right.

At the remote location (2nd repeater) there is only a Sagemcom 1704n modem/router. Which is capable of port forwarding. That 3mb/768 connection is there ONLY for the repeater. Nothing else will ever be on it.

As for the PD, they have a Sagemcom 4320, but it's bridged and their Sonicwall is doing the authentication. So I have to do the port fowarding in the Sonicwall, but the vendor that set it up is being douchey about giving the password out. Anyhow, That aside is it best to just do a port forward, or set up a VPN and let them communicate over that? The sonicwall at the office is already acting as a vpn as the patrol cars access software form the PD remotely.

The Kenwood KTI-3 is the box that I'm using to connect the 2 sites. And I believe it converts the traffic into UDP.. But there is very little configuring you can do.