All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

The General 07-20-2010 06:59 PM

you think i should even use a leader if im surf fishing?

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The General (Post 123180)
you think i should even use a leader if im surf fishing?

If it has teeth I was always taught to use a wire............

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:02 PM

yes....our usual surf rig is a three way or a slip rig then run several yards of top shot.

usually unless im straight shark fihing i only have a leader for about the last two foot before the hook. if sharks are my main target....i shoot for 5' leader give or take.

but i dont know what kind of rods your using. mine ar around 12' so a 5' leader aint a big deal to cast

JayBo 07-20-2010 07:03 PM

Re: The Chat Thread

:lol: @ loretta

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:03 PM

lol grant.........the world record tiger shark was caught off the pier down near my house. :eek2:

http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/We...ite-record.jpg

The General 07-20-2010 07:03 PM

yea.. maybe ill make a like foot and a half leader..
i used all my wire making that last one so ill brb haha

my rod is like 8 foot.. :naughty:

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:04 PM

In 1964, The 1,780-pound, world record tiger shark was caught by Walter Maxwell from Cherry Grove Pier. It remains to this day the only all-tackle world record ever caught in South Carolina. The shark is estimated to have weighed in at 2,000 lbs when it was caught, but it was not weighed until the next day when it could be trucked to Loris and placed on the scales. (Additional pictures are in our photo gallery).

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123184)
lol grant.........the world record tiger shark was caught off the pier down near my house. :eek2:

http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/We...ite-record.jpg

in some of the surfs i fish down here they used to pull 13' plus tigers and hammers out alot. not so much anymore tho...

we still break the 10-12 marks alot but not nearly like they used to.

The General 07-20-2010 07:07 PM

they all came here.. people have been catching pretty big sharks and they are close to shore. like i was just past the break water about to catch a foot ball and there was a black tip like 5 feet away from me.

i got out and casted where he last was but no dice :(

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:08 PM

im surprised they dont bother more people here at myrtle beach. flying parallel with the coast at 500' you can see them,,,,,,,,,,,everywhere :eek2:

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:09 PM

ohai back from BAMF buffet. what i miss?

man that shit was bomb y0.

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:17 PM

:secret: job hunting

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:20 PM

lolz i was only here for like 4 hours today :roflmao:
:fuckyeah:

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

google image result for "sup nod"
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...sey2010008.jpg

theholycow 07-20-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123184)

[img]http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/Web%20Pages/Sharks/Sharks%20Photos/shark-greatwhite-record.jpg[img]

Jesus buttfucking Christ, that thing looks like a fucking cartoon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123189)
im surprised they dont bother more people here at myrtle beach. flying parallel with the coast at 500' you can see them,,,,,,,,,,,everywhere :eek2:

DNW :uhoh:

Chadster08 07-20-2010 07:22 PM

The Chat Thread

Only fun part about fishing is drinking
Lol.

theholycow 07-20-2010 07:22 PM

Chad, you are probably as bad at fishing as I am.

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:23 PM

silly cao
caos no fish

Chadster08 07-20-2010 07:25 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 123196)
Chad, you are probably as bad at fishing as I am.

Probably. That's why I don't think it's fun lol

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:26 PM

lol shad can you do anything without alcohol?

theholycow 07-20-2010 07:28 PM

When I used to fish, I enjoyed almost everything about fishing except failing to catch fish. I liked having, modifying, trailering, and using my boat. I liked trying to choose the best equipment, organizing it, and using it. I kinda liked trying to understand where fish would be.

I hated not catching anything, and I hated snagging hooks on weeds. Everything is all weeds around here.

If I actually caught a fish I'd probably hate trying to unhook it, though. I have caught some fish in my life and that's always been a pain in the ass. Since I catch&release (I don't eat fish nor do I know anyone who wants what I catch) I try to throw them back without destroying them...

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:28 PM

take it easy on shad. he aint near as bad as us texas boys down south

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:30 PM

chriz cAINT handle teh leecour imo. hatin an shit

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 123200)
When I used to fish, I enjoyed almost everything about fishing except failing to catch fish. I liked having, modifying, trailering, and using my boat. I liked trying to choose the best equipment, organizing it, and using it. I kinda liked trying to understand where fish would be.

I hated not catching anything, and I hated snagging hooks on weeds. Everything is all weeds around here.

If I actually caught a fish I'd probably hate trying to unhook it, though. I have caught some fish in my life and that's always been a pain in the ass. Since I catch&release (I don't eat fish nor do I know anyone who wants what I catch) I try to throw them back without destroying them...

Come down here when the spot are running. ANYONE can catch those things. If you want some fun come to the outer banks when the tuna come down on the labrador current. :whoa:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 123202)
chriz cAINT handle teh leecour imo. hatin an shit

No, I just become concerned when people see no enjoyment in mundane activities without the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. Yes even concern for Chadler. As of right now I'd rather not see him throw his life away over a bottle like some individuals I know. In moderation I don't have a problem with it at all............that wasn't always the case. However I also like to take the opportunity to prevent a disastrous outcome (see: my dumbass cousin serving 6 months for dui in SC) when it seems as though someone doesn't see the flashing runway lights toward fucking up your life.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Rick, any update on teh flywheel?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Rick, any update on teh flywheel?

jschrock 07-20-2010 07:41 PM

Man, I tell you what...other day we were golfing and I wasn't having any fun til we brought out the Coors light and Mary-jew-wanna....then I thought hell this ain't so bad after all!

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:42 PM

chriz, you would if you drank :crazy: