All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:33 PM

:patriot:
Quote:

An insurgent shot U.S. Marine Cpl. Donny Daughenbaugh in the face, but he fought enemy fire for another hour before getting medical attention.

U.S. Army Sgt. Alexander Reyes walked over an improvised explosive device that sent him hurtling through the air, breaking bones and destroying muscles on the right side of his body.

Both men will call League City home for the first time after fighting for the United States in Iraq.

The Bay Area Builders Association built two homes in the Victory Lakes subdivision for the men and their families through the company’s Support Our Troops nonprofit organization.

The group builds and donates homes for wounded and disabled veterans and has built nine homes for servicemen and their families.

Wednesday marked the first time Support Our Troops gave two veterans houses at the same time, founder Dan Wallrath said.

"They haven’t paid for these houses in the traditional sense with a mortgage and monthly payments," Wallrath said. "But believe me, they’ve paid for these homes."

Reyes, of Miami, was injured by an improvised explosive device in March 2007 when his unit was patrolling in Baghdad.

He suffered a broken arm and had irreparable damage to muscles and nerves in his right leg, causing paralysis.

Once he regained consciousness, Reyes began to pray. Reyes felt no pain but thought he would die because of the amount of blood that surrounded him, he said.

Reyes went through rehabilitation at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio and regained his ability to walk.

Reyes and Daughenbaugh, whose homes are 100 yards apart on Aztec Circle, will begin college classes soon to finish their degrees in liberal arts and business, respectively.

Daughenbaugh, of Bondurant, Iowa, in October 2004 was patrolling with his unit in Mahmoudiya, Iraq, when a vehicle sped up and opened fire on the unit.

A bullet shattered his left cheekbone and lodged between the base of the skull and top vertebra, missing vital nerves and his brain by millimeters.

Daughenbaugh killed the man who fired at him, shot himself with morphine and kept fighting enemy fire.

He underwent about 30 reconstructive surgeries and physical therapy sessions to regain speech. The .30-caliber bullet remains lodged in Daughenbaugh’s skull because it would have been too dangerous to remove it, he said.

Daughenbaugh still suffers migraines and seizures, but the future is looking up as his wife, Sarah, and two children prepare to move into the house July 2.

"We love it here in Texas," Daughenbaugh said.

This story was brought to you thanks to khou.com’s partnership with The Galveston County Daily News.

stonehenge 06-24-2010 05:34 PM

Video page
Full screen

:datass:

Lazarus 06-24-2010 05:36 PM

Stupid iPhone 4 line ppl all over the goddamn place
:ffuuu:

I just needed to go to toys r' us and they in there bitching and moaning.

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:36 PM

ifoners be failing again :happy:

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:37 PM

iphones gonna phone

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:37 PM

waiters gonna wait

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:39 PM

kourkies gonna kourke

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:39 PM

cesars gonna cease

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:39 PM

:roflsquared:

lolzers gonna lol

stonehenge 06-24-2010 05:40 PM

fuckers gonna

:ffuuu:

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:41 PM

wanz gonna break teh combo

stonehenge 06-24-2010 05:41 PM

wanters gonna

:wwaanntt:

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:41 PM

c-c-c-combo braker

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 113481)
wanters gonna

:wwanntt:

:sneaky:

stonehenge 06-24-2010 05:43 PM

ya thats right, text on the right bish

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 113481)
wanters gonna

:wwaanntt

why does the smilie code have to be that long? cant it just be :want:

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 113484)
ya thats right, text on the right bish

brb, learning PS

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 113485)

criteeque :nono:

stonehenge 06-24-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 113485)

you son of a bitch

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:46 PM

:cheeky:

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

This is just an example of what's being dubbed "textual harassment" and officials warn it could turn deadly.

"I think it's just plain mean," 10 year-old Makayla Lasley said.

We spoke to local parents and youngsters who say they have rules in place for this very reason.

"I'm on my grandma's plan to where I can not text. I only talk to people for emergencies," Laseley said.

Similar in the murder cases of 19-year-old Shev Russell, 16-year-old Demi Brae Cuccia, and 21-year-old Kristin Mitchell, officials investigating the death of college lacrosse player Yeardley Love saw a pattern of disturbing and hostile text messages from her ex-boyfriend. Parents and friends were often unaware, officials said.

A study conducted by the Associated Press and MTV shows about one in four respondents between ages 14 and 24 reported that partners would check on them several times a day for their whereabouts or to see who they were with. More than 10 percent of those respondents said their partners demanded personal passwords.

It is not just students who are being textually harassed. According to Attorney Charles Wilson, it is also prevalent in the workplace.

"Overall, sexual harassment cases involving technology such as text messaging are on the rise across all industries and companies of all size," Wilson said.

He said as much as 90 percent of his cases involve dirty or inappropriate emails or text messages.

"It's very important for employers to update their policy [to protect employees]," Wilson said.

jschrock 06-24-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 113471)

:naughty: :idhitit:

Lazarus 06-24-2010 05:47 PM

Thinking about moving to Maine, anyone ever been?

stonehenge 06-24-2010 05:48 PM

I hear they have lobsters and stephen king there

jschrock 06-24-2010 05:48 PM

Not me

Cez★ 06-24-2010 05:48 PM

mexicans dont migrate that far north :crazy: never been though

BillyJeanKing 06-24-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschrock (Post 113491)
:naughty: :idhitit:

FTBOT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 113492)
Thinking about moving to Maine, anyone ever been?

they no lakk teh puerto ricans

move to NY :happy: