All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123203)
Come down here when the spot are running. ANYONE can catch those things. If you want some fun come to the outer banks when the tuna come down on the labrador current. :whoa:

No, I just become concerned when people see no enjoyment in mundane activities without the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. Yes even concern for Chadler. As of right now I'd rather not see him throw his life away over a bottle like some individuals I know. In moderation I don't have a problem with it at all............that wasn't always the case. However I also like to take the opportunity to prevent a disastrous outcome (see: my dumbass cousin serving 6 months for dui in SC) when it seems as though someone doesn't see the flashing runway lights toward fucking up your life.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Rick, any update on teh flywheel?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Rick, any update on teh flywheel?

i agree with the fact that some people are worthless drunks and cant handle themselves.

idk about you, but for us single guys who work regular day to day jobs, no we dont have to drink to relax and enjoy ourselves every weekend...but its definitley more fun.

when im with a chick im usually the more responsible in the group and take it easy. hell, i even hit stints where i can go nearly a year with out drinking because im getting in shape. but hanging out and hitting a few bars or chilling on the back patio boozin is what relaxes us. besides..to tell the honest truth...yes.everything is more fun with a few drinks. notice i said few....not an assload.

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 123207)
chriz, you would if you drank :crazy:

I'd what? :roflmao:

I don't judge people who drink. Well, not anymore. :roflmao:

I might have one drink per month if the situation is right. :crazy:

jschrock 07-20-2010 07:48 PM

I never have "A" drink,

it's always followed by a few more

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123209)
I'd what? :roflmao:

I don't judge people who drink. Well, not anymore. :roflmao:

I might have one drink per month if the situation is right. :crazy:

you'd understand if you drank :shake:

stonehenge 07-20-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123178)
I wish we could legally fish for shark here. We damn sure have enough of them.

- go fisheen
- castch see-tawoituhlz
- bbq
- nom c-tawtle bbq samish
- ?
- profit
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123203)
No, I just become concerned when people see no enjoyment in mundane activities without the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. Yes even concern for Chadler. As of right now I'd rather not see him throw his life away over a bottle like some individuals I know. In moderation I don't have a problem with it at all............that wasn't always the case. However I also like to take the opportunity to prevent a disastrous outcome (see: my dumbass cousin serving 6 months for dui in SC) when it seems as though someone doesn't see the flashing runway lights toward fucking up your life.

:umad: Shad = drunken slob?

DFW coke n whiskay

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:54 PM

yall should see shad pulling hoes when hes drunk.....

Chris 07-20-2010 07:54 PM

oh i bet

stonehenge 07-20-2010 07:55 PM

http://imgur.com/Cdcvy.jpg

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 123208)
i agree with the fact that some people are worthless drunks and cant handle themselves.

idk about you, but for us single guys who work regular day to day jobs, no we dont have to drink to relax and enjoy ourselves every weekend...but its definitley more fun.

when im with a chick im usually the more responsible in the group and take it easy. hell, i even hit stints where i can go nearly a year with out drinking because im getting in shape. but hanging out and hitting a few bars or chilling on the back patio boozin is what relaxes us. besides..to tell the honest truth...yes.everything is more fun with a few drinks. notice i said few....not an assload.

Well everyone has different ideas of entertainment. Since I've been 18 or so, my weekends have been spent doing things with family and friends that more often than not involve children, so obviously drinking is highly inappropriate there. Even when I'd venture out into town with my roomates or whomever, I'd always feel the need to babysit them. That was mostly a result of them being completely irresponsible as adults though. My girl goes out and drinks with her girlfriends maybe once a month...........but she's responsible and has enough sense to not do stupid shit. I don't give it a second thought now.

Bear in mind my views on alcohol/drinking have been particularly influenced by several events from my childhood until now. Watching your father nearly drink himself to death and losing 3 close friends and a grandmother to drunk drivers will really piss you off. I know it's not right to condemn everyone who decides to go out and drink, and to a large extent I stop myself short of doing that. Hanging out up at the bar when Les is bartending helps alot with that. Kinda hard to judge people when you're the clear minority in the room. :roflmao:

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 123215)

nice...thats close

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:56 PM

lmao that ian dude started another thread

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:56 PM

where thread?

jschrock 07-20-2010 07:56 PM

Link?

Cez★ 07-20-2010 07:57 PM

the lounge
http://gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200157

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 07:59 PM

:sneaky: i found

stonehenge 07-20-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123216)
Well everyone has different ideas of entertainment. Since I've been 18 or so, my weekends have been spent doing things with family and friends that more often than not involve children, so obviously drinking is highly inappropriate there. Even when I'd venture out into town with my roomates or whomever, I'd always feel the need to babysit them. That was mostly a result of them being completely irresponsible as adults though. My girl goes out and drinks with her girlfriends maybe once a month...........but she's responsible and has enough sense to not do stupid shit. I don't give it a second thought now.

Bear in mind my views on alcohol/drinking have been particularly influenced by several events from my childhood until now. Watching your father nearly drink himself to death and losing 3 close friends and a grandmother to drunk drivers will really piss you off. I know it's not right to condemn everyone who decides to go out and drink, and to a large extent I stop myself short of doing that. Hanging out up at the bar when Les is bartending helps alot with that. Kinda hard to judge people when you're the clear minority in the room. :roflmao:

I can understand how you'd feel that way and I have only been DRUNK maybe 2 or 3 times. I didn't drive any of the times and never would. Usually I'll have a couple drinks and be done, I'm not the "get wasted" kinda gai. But at the same time, if someone else wants to get wasted, have at it. Getting shitfaced from time to time won't kill you unless you drive, fight, act like an idiot, or do it every night.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 123218)
lmao that ian dude started another thread

:orly: link? edit: got link :shake:

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 123223)
I can understand how you'd feel that way and I have only been DRUNK maybe 2 or 3 times. I didn't drive any of the times and never would. Usually I'll have a couple drinks and be done, I'm not the "get wasted" kinda gai. But at the same time, if someone else wants to get wasted, have at it. Getting shitfaced from time to time won't kill you unless you drive, fight, act like an idiot, or do it every night.

:orly: link?

That's true. I refuse to do so though. :roflmao: I always hate being asked why. I just don't want to. Nothing seems appealing about getting "drunk."

Cez★ 07-20-2010 08:00 PM

binge drinking and alchoholism ftl

stonehenge 07-20-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 123224)
That's true. I refuse to do so though. :roflmao: I always hate being asked why. I just don't want to. Nothing seems appealing about getting "drunk."

The 2 or 3 times I've been drunk were just because I was with good people and we were having a good time. It wasn't ZOMG CHUG CHUG CHUG or drinking games or anything like that. We were just hanging out and had a few and got pretty drunk :roflmao: I have never got drunk just for the sake of getting drunk. I don't see the point in that. But to each their own I guess.

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 08:04 PM

i know both sides of this arguement....before i would go on occasional 8-9 month stints where i never drank due to getting in shape.

and people freaked out when i wasnt drinkin. like it matters?

but honeslty i like to booze it and im responsible. no harm no foul...i have a good handle on it that i very rarely get totally shitfaced. occasionally i may but very rarely

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 123226)
The 2 or 3 times I've been drunk were just because I was with good people and we were having a good time. It wasn't ZOMG CHUG CHUG CHUG or drinking games or anything like that. We were just hanging out and had a few and got pretty drunk :roflmao: I have never got drunk just for the sake of getting drunk. I don't see the point in that. But to each their own I guess.

The east-coast liberal in me struggles to embrace that sometimes. :roflmao:

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 08:06 PM

but all in all..

drinking like a fish with a bunch of good looking fast women for the win! get em drunk and let them think they are taking advantage of you.

and no this is not the only way i can find chicks. but its fun and its how they function round here. all the really good ones are tied up so...whores FTW

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 123229)
but all in all..

drinking like a fish with a bunch of good looking fast women for the win! get em drunk and let them think they are taking advantage of you.

and no this is not the only way i can find chicks. but its fun and its how they function round here. all the really good ones are tied up so...whores FTW

Jesus. :jester:

I think I'd feel like I needed to go live in a monastery if I spent a weekend with you guys. :roflmao:

Cez★ 07-20-2010 08:08 PM

chriz= buzz killington?? :think:

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 123231)
chriz= buzz killington?? :think:

To the nth degree.

When I lived with my roommates it was EPIC. They'd get a little drunk and teh creeper guys would come around. I'd almost make them cry. :roflmao: