All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

theholycow 04-08-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 75784)
Also, I'm surprised your factory gauge is off that much. Mine is within a few degrees looking at it versus the PCM readout.

My factory gauge usually sits at about 200. It's pretty accurate when the truck is warming up, but once it's warmed up it just sits perfectly still. People claim that gauges are often really just idiot lights, and I guess this is one example.

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 06:30 PM

oh yeah...forgot i also had the gauge pegged on WW once when I forgot to turn on my efan :facepalm: Was driving back from AZ with my bro...I had turned efan off on freeway and forgot to turn it on when we stopped at a wendys drive thru. By the time we got to the freeway onrap, the temp light had come on. Went down the ramp and temps dropped and I pulled to the shoulder. I let the fan run on hi while WW idled, engine didnt sound funny...went on our way and havent had a problem :pepper:

JayBo 04-08-2010 06:32 PM

I dunno if mines off or not, I have no way to hook to the PCM

I know min goes up past 240 when warming up, then sits just a tad higher than 220 the rest of the time

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Pick 'em up, or fuck 'em let 'em lay
Where'm from I see a fuckin' dead body errr day

Cez★ 04-08-2010 06:36 PM

waste has been laid

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXcecinestpasXx86 (Post 1632979)
Good to see the Underdog pulley kits are working for people. I'll think I might have to buy the whole 4 piece kit next week. (Blue) of course! More hp's you know... haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1633226)
full set wont give you more power btw...crank is all you need

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Hood (Post 1633278)
thats not true at all. the full set WILL give you more power. and also, you can just buy the crank, but I'd recommend either getting a set or the crank and alternator pulley. with my truck my lights dimmed without the alt pulley.

No matter what you go with you will get an increase in power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1633723)
full set includes alternator overdrive and rest are stock size pulleys, how are you getting more power out of stock sized pulleys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02_xlt (Post 1635228)
IF i remember right a full set includes the crank, alt, and water pump/fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1637124)
and? the crank is smaller, water pump is same size and alt is bigger (reducing hp gains). Dont understand what your point is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02_xlt (Post 1637507)
the water pump pulley is lighter, so therefor addin hp and the alt pulley adds the chargin back so your running the same charging as you were before.

:facepalm:

theholycow 04-08-2010 06:39 PM

Professor just called me because a student with a Mac had used Keynote to make a presentation to be shown in class on our PCs. Of course, he didn't save it in .PPT format. He was going to email it to me to see if I can convert it for him (and I was just going to use Zamzar).

I got an email from the professor...the student can't figure out how to attach a file to an email. :fp:

This isn't the first dumbass Mac-using student that this professor has had. The other one was a real piece of work...

Cez★ 04-08-2010 06:46 PM

douche is here today
:ffuuu:

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

i woulda thought tejas be on there
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/travel/...erica-1229355/

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 06:49 PM

wtf does the pythagorean theorem have to do with your odds of getting a prize/souvenir at a baseball game? :roflfp: fucking idiot sports announcers

it is brah...Baton Rouge :shrug:

stonehenge 04-08-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 75793)
Professor just called me because a student with a Mac had used Keynote to make a presentation to be shown in class on our PCs. Of course, he didn't save it in .PPT format. He was going to email it to me to see if I can convert it for him (and I was just going to use Zamzar).

I got an email from the professor...the student can't figure out how to attach a file to an email. :fp:

This isn't the first dumbass Mac-using student that this professor has had. The other one was a real piece of work...

what an idiot :roflmao:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 75794)
douche is here today
:fuuu:

:blah:

SarkOzy 04-08-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 75787)
My factory gauge usually sits at about 200. It's pretty accurate when the truck is warming up, but once it's warmed up it just sits perfectly still. People claim that gauges are often really just idiot lights, and I guess this is one example.

:word: Trans temp gauges are a PERFECT example of that. :roflmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 75797)
wtf does the pythagorean theorem have to do with your odds of getting a prize/souvenir at a baseball game? :roflfp: fucking idiot sports announcers

:shrug:

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 06:52 PM

a²+b²=c² has nothing to do with odds of getting a souvenir :roflmao:

Cez★ 04-08-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 75798)
what an idiot :roflmao:

:blah:

:serio:

theholycow 04-08-2010 06:55 PM

Student just emailed me a .zip file containing a zero byte .reg file and a whole folder structure full of his graphics and shit, which I guess may be how Keynote saves its files. I was ignoring it when a minute later he emailed me that he figured it out and I could nevermind.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Not ignoring it really, I looked through it and was worrying about what the hell I would do with it.

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 06:56 PM

can haz sliding rear window for $40 :hmm: kinda :uhoh: of having a sliding window though :( it be easy access for ratas

theholycow 04-08-2010 06:58 PM

I so wish I had a sliding rear window in my truck.

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 07:02 PM

thc, u has need for sliding window? what for? u use ur truck as a truck...mine is more of a commuter and I dont really need the sliding window but I could see it coming in handy once in a while

theholycow 04-08-2010 07:04 PM

I prefer driving with as many windows open as possible whenever the weather permits.

Plus, when using the truck as a truck, you can put long loads into the cab and get like an extra 6 feet.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Oh, and...I don't use my truck as a truck quite so often anymore. It is a winter commuter mostly. I'm too lazy to work on the house or do anything else that requires hauling, too broke to afford lumber, and too broke to drag the camper anywhere.

stonehenge 04-08-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 75802)
Student just emailed me a .zip file containing a zero byte .reg file and a whole folder structure full of his graphics and shit, which I guess may be how Keynote saves its files. I was ignoring it when a minute later he emailed me that he figured it out and I could nevermind.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Not ignoring it really, I looked through it and was worrying about what the hell I would do with it.

CTS, you were ignoring it
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 75804)
can haz sliding rear window for $40 :hmm: kinda :uhoh: of having a sliding window though :( it be easy access for ratas

:word: kinda want but it be like putting a "steal mah shit plz" sign on it :(

DO WANT tundra style roll-down rear window :drool:

Cez★ 04-08-2010 07:04 PM

do it mexi and just hold it as you drive

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 75809)
:word kinda want but it be like putting a "steal mah shit plz" sign on it :(

DO WANT tundra style roll-down rear window :drool

:serio: I dont have a bamf sound system but I dont want peeps taking me OEM sub and shit :(

tundra style would be :pimp:

Cez★ 04-08-2010 07:10 PM

lol same place a bus and a train collided :rofl:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6949710.html

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

rofl
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...rticle-7375258

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 07:15 PM

bro just called and said his friends are being gay and might not pre-run :pissedfist:

stonehenge 04-08-2010 07:21 PM

fgts

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

crushing eddehs dreams :nono:

2005_Silverado 04-08-2010 07:22 PM

:serio: :emo:

stonehenge 04-08-2010 07:24 PM

buy me a quad and i'll do preh runz brah :shake: