All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 03:13 PM

hrg be wearing skirt today. holy hell her legs are white. :roflsquared:

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

i hungry. DFW pizza for lunch :drool:

Cez★ 03-10-2010 03:16 PM

Pics imo :D
DNW to be in history :blah:

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 03:17 PM

:blah: you arent missing much. you've already seen the good part. :roflmao: :secretshake:

Cez★ 03-10-2010 03:19 PM

:secretfistbump:

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 03:32 PM

need food. :hmm:

Cez★ 03-10-2010 03:32 PM

:emobye:

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 03:46 PM

weep no more my lady.......weep no more today.......and we'll sing one song for my old kentucky home.........................:rofl2:

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

interesting

http://sethirdgen.org/images/clutch.jpg

:bawl:

3-wire Heated Oxygen Sensor: 25176708 GM List: $109.00

3-wire Weatherpack Connector: 12126012 GM List: $29.34

theholycow 03-10-2010 04:03 PM

A new dude on GMFS posted these things:
Quote:

A GM 4x4 has a slightly different gearing in the front axle than it does in the rear axle.
Wouldn't that cause some binding when driving straight? I've never had any binding while going straight in 4HI. OTOH, I do think I've heard that somewhere before.

Quote:

When you are "locked in" (eg: in 4hi or 4lo), the front wheels are actually pulling the truck and the rears pretty much trail along until you loose traction up front. The front axles (when working properly and are stock) are truly LOCKED (meaning both wheels are going to want to spin the same speed at the same time).
This is the part that's really hard to believe. He says that mine spins only one front wheel because of a malfunction, and that if everything is functioning right my front diff should be locked when active. I'm pretty sure that when it's engaged it's an open diff just like my rear.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Damn, it got quiet in here.

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 61270)
A new dude on GMFS posted these things:

Wouldn't that cause some binding when driving straight? I've never had any binding while going straight in 4HI. OTOH, I do think I've heard that somewhere before.

This is the part that's really hard to believe. He says that mine spins only one front wheel because of a malfunction, and that if everything is functioning right my front diff should be locked when active. I'm pretty sure that when it's engaged it's an open diff just like my rear.

The first part I can understand because you don't have a 1:1 ratio in the transfer case.

The second part sounds like bullshit and the dude needs to be smacked. I can understand that being true if you have an electronic locking front diff, but I don't think gm vehicles have that. Hell even the H2s only had it in the rear IIRC. Every chevy or gmc I've EVER seen would only spin one front wheel if it came off the ground. IE-open diff. The part about the rear wheels "just trailing along" is complete bullshit. Just because you engage the t-case doesn't mean you lose forward drive in the rear wheels. Whether in 2wd or 4wd you'll always have power to the rear axle.

theholycow 03-10-2010 04:08 PM

Well, I think his point about the rears trailing along was not that they don't get power but that the front wheels spin faster. However, he posted some example numbers, suggesting that you might have 4.10 rear and 4.11 front; his example would be the opposite of the rears trailing, the rears would push faster than the fronts are pulling.

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 04:09 PM

It is bullshit. This is the option listed for the 2010 trucks...

G80 Locking Differential - $325
Front mechanical limited slip differential

No front locker.

theholycow 03-10-2010 04:10 PM

Anyway, I'd feel really dumb if I spent that much time, effort, and stress being stuck in my own backyard a few times when all I needed to do was fix a vacuum line. I don't know if I'm happy that I wasn't dumb, or if I'm sad that I don't have a locking front diff.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Wait, why isn't the transfer case 1:1?

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 61273)
Well, I think his point about the rears trailing along was not that they don't get power but that the front wheels spin faster. However, he posted some example numbers, suggesting that you might have 4.10 rear and 4.11 front; his example would be the opposite of the rears trailing, the rears would push faster than the fronts are pulling.

Can't possibly happen. The front and rear wheels HAVE to be rotating at the same speed, given the tires are the same size. Whether they're free-wheeling or locked into 4x4, they can't spin at different rates.

theholycow 03-10-2010 04:14 PM

On low traction surfaces, having them spin slightly different rate would work fine, but that doesn't explain why I can drive straight for miles in 4HI and not get any binding...it has to be the same.

Can you elaborate on what you said about the t-case not being 1:1?

stonehenge 03-10-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2009_Silverado (Post 61200)
wan....me droid has hissing sound :uhoh:

:uhoh: from the speaker or from elsewhere?
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 61213)
pB has all her stuff packed and i haven't even started. :uhohkittah:

:repost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadster08 (Post 61236)
Mr coa.

Was this supposed to be cao? :fp:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 61261)
:blah: you arent missing much. you've already seen the good part. :roflmao: :secretshake:

:orly:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 61277)
Can't possibly happen. The front and rear wheels HAVE to be rotating at the same speed, given the tires are the same size. Whether they're free-wheeling or locked into 4x4, they can't spin at different rates.

:truestory: shit would hit the fan

SarkOzy 03-10-2010 04:15 PM

I think he may be confusing final drive ratio and axle ratio. Note this for FWD vehicles with optional 4WD....

GM Steyr crossover power transfer unit equipped vehicles are normally front wheel drive and have an optional 4WD package. GM Steyr crossover power transfer units equipped vehicles are unique because the front final drive gear ratio is different from the rear axle gear ratio. This means that the propshaft rotates at a different speed than the front drive axles. GM Steyr crossover power transfer units are either automatically engaged 4WD or full-time 4WD depending upon the position of a driver controlled mode switch (if equipped). This system utilizes a Twin-Geromatic clutch mechanism in the rear differential to connect the power flow from the power transfer unit to the wheels. There is no 4WD Low on this type of power transfer unit.

On GM Steyr crossover 4WD vehicles, the power transfer unit is a gearbox that attaches to a transaxle. The right hand halfshaft engages the transaxle differential side gear inside the power transfer unit. The power transfer unit provides power to the rear propshaft through an input helical gear assembly (carrier), an idler helical gear, and a hypoid bevel gear set which consists of two shaft assemblies supported by tapered roller bearings. The design of this component changes power output from transverse to longitudinal and also positions the propeller shaft assembly near the centerline of the vehicle. The propeller shaft assembly (mated to the output flange of the transfer case) is constantly rotating and spins at a rate equal to an average of the two front wheels. The output gear and rear propshaft are overdriven with the same gear ratio that the rear axle uses for gear reduction. This way the front and rear wheels rotate at the same speed regardless of the transaxle final drive gear ratio.

Chance 03-10-2010 04:16 PM

Wake up in the morning feelin like
a piece of shittttttttt

theholycow 03-10-2010 04:18 PM

Hi Chance.

I have no idea what a Steyr is, but that sounded like this:

Video page
Full screen

Chance 03-10-2010 04:19 PM

hi kow

2005_Silverado 03-10-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 61279)
:uhoh: from the speaker or from elsewhere?

from back speaker...one with gold grille :pimp: ...I turned it off/on and it went away though :think: :shrug:

stonehenge 03-10-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 61283)
Wake up in the morning feelin like
a piece of shittttttttt

no p didday?
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2009_Silverado (Post 61289)
from back speaker...one with gold grille :pimp: ...I turned it off/on and it went away though :think: :shrug:

I think since our ROMs be haxx, they sometimes act a lil loco. Yesterday I was playing music in the truck and I got a txt. It froze and kept vibrating (on full power it felt/sounded like) for like 2 mins before it shut off and rebooted itself :roflmao: I was all confused cuz it was like "You! You got what I neeeed! But you say he's just a friend, but you s... **BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....** :wtf:

Chance 03-10-2010 04:27 PM

I hope p diddy doesn't feel like his head is about to explode

and my lower back is killlling me

2005_Silverado 03-10-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 61290)
I think since our ROMs be haxx, they sometimes act a lil loco. Yesterday I was playing music in the truck and I got a txt. It froze and kept vibrating (on full power it felt/sounded like) for like 2 mins before it shut off and rebooted itself :roflmao: I was all confused cuz it was like "You! You got what I neeeed! But you say he's just a friend, but you s... **BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....** :wtf:

:roflmao: si pues...ima have to update me rom...been reading good shiz about others :hmm:

stonehenge 03-10-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 61292)
I hope p diddy doesn't feel like his head is about to explode

and my lower back is killlling me

My lower back was fucked. I was actually starting to walk around hunched over because I wouldn't stand straight up :wtf: so i went to teh dawk and he aligned it. Him and his nurse twisted me all over the place and popped all kinds of shit. Feels so much better :rofl2: going back again today for another one :uhoh:

2005_Silverado 03-10-2010 04:30 PM

:uhoh: