All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

JayBo 01-13-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 36197)
Jay it also depends on what classes you took at the technical college. If it was a specialized program, then perhaps some of the credits wouldn't transfer. However if you took general classes like English, Math, etc those most always transfer. You can go back and look them up to find out. Tons of people are doing the first two years of their 4-year degree at technical/community colleges. It makes incredible sense when you think about it. Unless you're on scholarship, it costs less than half of what a 4-year school would cost for those two years.

Yeah I took ALL my core classes at the tech school. All english, math, speech, history, etc. I might have to take a few at the Univ, but it shouldn't be many.

Cez★ 01-13-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybo (Post 36198)
well, the tech school i grad from usually works in conjunction with the univeristy here. I'm gonna start back soon if i can work everything out. Prob get a 4 yr in business or natural resources management.

I might qualifty for the pell grant now too as i live alone, my parents can't claim me on taxes and i make less than 20k.yr

fafsa

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

BAMFs
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...iving_gear.JPG

SarkOzy 01-13-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 36200)
Yeah I took ALL my core classes at the tech school. All english, math, speech, history, etc. I might have to take a few at the Univ, but it shouldn't be many.

:shake:

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

:jester:

I remember being told in high school that the act/sat were a "Waste of G-D money" :rofljest: That guy turned out to be right.

JayBo 01-13-2010 05:36 PM

I dropped out in the 10th grade and took my GED and went immediately to the Tech COllege and started working.
bad move on my part, but oh well.

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 05:41 PM

I took SAT and SAT 2 :blah:

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

ended up doing 2 yrs at local community college and transfering/graduating out of there :roflsquared:

theholycow 01-13-2010 05:43 PM

I took SAT. I don't know if SAT2 or ACT existed in the mid to late 1990s.

I didn't study. I scored 1200.

JayBo 01-13-2010 05:44 PM

Fux it. I've been doing fine until now. I have plenty of work experience, but most ppl seem to want a fuckin 4 yr.

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 36208)
I took SAT. I don't know if SAT2 or ACT existed in the mid to late 1990s.

I didn't study. I scored 1200.

good score...got 1100 and didnt study either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 36209)
Fux it. I've been doing fine until now. I have plenty of work experience, but most ppl seem to want a fuckin 4 yr.

employers can get picky now that they have huge pools to choose from

JayBo 01-13-2010 05:49 PM

Hell maybe I can take it and not study.
Only thing is, I SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK at math. I just can't do some of it.

Cez★ 01-13-2010 05:49 PM

i got like a 1340 or something

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 05:49 PM

smart guy

Cez★ 01-13-2010 05:50 PM

lol not really. didnt study for shit and wanted to get teh fuck out of there

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 05:51 PM

tiz a good score for no study

Cez★ 01-13-2010 05:53 PM

so i heard. i thnk i got teh highest from all mah friend who took it together lol.

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 05:55 PM

u all are smarter than me :shrug:

stonehenge 01-13-2010 06:01 PM

I don't member what I got on the SAT :( actually I think the one I took was a PSAT for practice or some shit and since I went in-state I didn't need to take the actual one or something. Fuck I don't remember, its been 6 years :insane:

I just spent the last 20 or so minutes cleaning up a fuckload of coffee. I filled my big travel mug and had it sitting on my desk. I was waiting for it to cool so I had the lid off and I turned and knocked that shit EVERYWHERE. I immediately grabbed mah Droid which got a lil cawfee on the top but I think it will survive. I had to pick up everything on my desk and clean under/around it. Keyboard, usb cables, hard drives (one is fukt), cd cases, etc. Fuckin pain in the ass coffee :blah:

BillyJeanKing 01-13-2010 06:01 PM

For the mac lovers

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

stonehenge 01-13-2010 06:02 PM

rofl he be the guy responsible for the blue screen

theholycow 01-13-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 36219)
Keyboard, usb cables, hard drives (one is fukt), cd cases, etc. Fuckin pain in the ass coffee :blah:

Keyboard: Dishwasher
Hard drive: Take circuit board from identical model/version so you can get your data. Its innards are sealed so they're ok.

Cez★ 01-13-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 36217)
u all are smarter than me :shrug:

lol. which is why im in remedial math

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 36219)
I don't member what I got on the SAT :( actually I think the one I took was a PSAT for practice or some shit and since I went in-state I didn't need to take the actual one or something. Fuck I don't remember, its been 6 years :insane:

I just spent the last 20 or so minutes cleaning up a fuckload of coffee. I filled my big travel mug and had it sitting on my desk. I was waiting for it to cool so I had the lid off and I turned and knocked that shit EVERYWHERE. I immediately grabbed mah Droid which got a lil cawfee on the top but I think it will survive. I had to pick up everything on my desk and clean under/around it. Keyboard, usb cables, hard drives (one is fukt), cd cases, etc. Fuckin pain in the ass coffee :blah:

:roflmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOURKE (Post 36220)
For the mac lovers

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

like so
:ffuuu:

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 06:06 PM

remedial matematicas :roflmao: I had to take 1 remedial math class....twice :hahano:

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

feaking dike prof had us do work with graphing calculators but come exam time, NO CALCS :wtf: srsly bitch...we has calcs in real world...computahs that do the math for us :bird:

Cez★ 01-13-2010 06:07 PM

im taking teh 1300 next. then i can finally take teh actual math course i NEED

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

our proffe told us no calculators. we learned how to do it in paypuh

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 06:07 PM

like one finance prof I had...used tables to figure out present value of money, business calcs figure that shit out in seconds, but he wanted you to do the OG way. :facepalm:

stonehenge 01-13-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 36222)
Keyboard: Dishwasher
Hard drive: Take circuit board from identical model/version so you can get your data. Its innards are sealed so they're ok.

well it only got on the bottom of the keyboard so i cleaned that bitch off with some windex :cool:

As for the HD, it is an old POS sitting in the corner that I don't even remember what is on it. If I remember whats on it, I'll replace the board but for now fuck it :jester:

When I saw the coffee hit the edge of the Droid I was like
:ffuuu:

2005_Silverado 01-13-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 36226)
im taking teh 1300 next. then i can finally take teh actual math course i NEED

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

our proffe told us no calculators. we learned how to do it in paypuh

that i get...if u teach how to do by hand, test that way...dont teach using calculators and test differently :imo: Brah, u cant challenge the course so you skip it?