All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 122968)
Drive it to St. Augustine :imo

I'm not driving it too much until I take the claws off. I'm putting factory 265 Wranglers back on it.

Plus, the Harley = badassness

2005_Silverado 07-20-2010 03:33 PM

Chadler Russ Holy shit good guess. To bad you already knew. Lol
about a minute ago

Eddie tell ur grandma yet?

:roflmao:

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:34 PM

james....your female be looking pretty bueno. good job

jschrock 07-20-2010 03:35 PM

:lol: Eddeh, :po' Chad:

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Lol, thanks G-rant

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 122972)
ban hammah!!

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

jaybo....adds me on da facespace pleeze.

why you wanna be creepin on me?

Cez★ 07-20-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 122979)
Chadler Russ Holy shit good guess. To bad you already knew. Lol
about a minute ago

Eddie tell ur grandma yet?

:roflmao:

:turborofl: poor shad.

:nonobro:
Quote:

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy -- video that now has forced the official to resign.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

"There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person," Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. "We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

The NAACP released a statement late Monday condemning Sherrod's admission.

"We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers," the statement said.

"Her actions were shameful," it continued. "While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man."

Sherrod explained in the video that, at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture had referred the white farmer to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see "one of his own" -- a white lawyer.

"I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.

The point of the story wasn't entirely clear; only an excerpt of the speech is included in the video clip.

"It was revealed to me that it's about poor versus those who have," she said, suggesting she had learned that race is less important.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.

In a second clip from the same event posted online, Sherrod appeared to urge black job seekers to find work at the Department of Agriculture because the federal government won't lay people off.

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, why are we working in the fields?" she said. "You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say."

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:36 PM

dude..i gets called g-rant alot ...wierd

2005_Silverado 07-20-2010 03:36 PM

and he replies all srsbsns "no, im at work :crossarms: :roflpow:

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:36 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 122976)
chriz be creepin
chad i think thats a good price. thats what my brother was quoted for all of his plastics

He wanted a lot more. 300 + 150 for cap and bumper then 50 for each mirror. So he wanted 550, I told him 400 for everything on the back to get done and he agreed. Then I asked about the mirrors and he said he would do 25 a piece. :pepper:

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 122983)
why you wanna be creepin on me?

yesh :sneaky:

2005_Silverado 07-20-2010 03:37 PM

u no gets called rubberdick? :rofl:

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:37 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 122986)

I'm here dumbass.

Eddie is just a stupid Mexican.

Cez★ 07-20-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 122986)

aka "im scanning files" :puto:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadster08 (Post 122987)
He wanted a lot more. 300 + 150 for cap and bumper then 50 for each mirror. So he wanted 550, I told him 400 for everything on the back to get done and he agreed. Then I asked about the mirrors and he said he would do 25 a piece. :pepper:

fts. thats too much imo.

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:38 PM

yeah that tooo..alot.

2005_Silverado 07-20-2010 03:38 PM

i know u are brah, seen u post this morning...dont care, will still make fun of you cuz its fucking funny

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:39 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 122991)
aka "im scanning files" :puto:

fts. thats too much imo.

Talked him down a 100 bucks. Good enough for me especially for what is
Gonna be done.

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:39 PM

450...to 100.

what the fuck did you suck his dick too?

jschrock 07-20-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 122985)
dude..i gets called g-rant alot ...wierd

Just felt like the right thing, :naughty:

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:39 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 122993)
i know u are brah, seen u post this morning...dont care, will still make fun of you cuz its fucking funny

You like my border jumping joke? That made me laugh pretty hard :rofl2:

Cez★ 07-20-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 122993)

:clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadster08 (Post 122994)
Talked him down a 100 bucks. Good enough for me especially for what is
Gonna be done.

get a stall first

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 122995)
450...to 100.

:rofl:

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:40 PM

"I cant afford a car
I use public transportation
I don’t mind
I read till I reach my destination
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book
the amount of money I save,
this shit is off the hook"

2005_Silverado 07-20-2010 03:40 PM

itd be funny if it was true pero me grandpas was born in cali :roflpow:

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:41 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 122995)
450...to 100.

Did you not read? He wanted 550. I
Told him 450.

He said deal. Simple.

Cez★ 07-20-2010 03:41 PM

A U.S. defense company wants to take drone wars to a new level with a laser weapon capable of shooting down unmanned aircraft.

Raytheon today touted its new weapon, which brought down four drones over the Pacific Ocean during tests conducted with the U.S. Navy this spring.

"One of the Navy's problems is that the bad guys have [unmanned aircraft] now -- they can give away ships' positions," explained Mike Booen, a Raytheon official, according to USA Today. "So we wanted to do a more real-world test of the laser over water."

Photo Illustration by Raytheon Company
This illustration by Raytheon depicts a laser weapon the U.S. defense company built to shoot down unmanned aircraft.
The test involved tracking the drones with sensors used as part of a Raytheon-built ship defense system, and then destroying the aircraft using a high-powered fiber-optic laser.

"The Raytheon-Navy team demonstrated the systems' capability to detect, track, engage and defeat dynamic targets at tactically significant ranges in a maritime environment," Taylor W. Lawrence, president of Raytheon Missile Systems, said in a statement.

The idea of laser weapons has been around for decades, but so far few ideas have progressed beyond testing. Scientists have long struggled with creating a device that can produce enough power to be useful but packaged in a system that is compact enough to be deployed.

Fiber lasers, like the type Raytheon is using, have been gaining traction in recent years as a possible weapon candidate because of their efficiency, which makes them less complex and more compact than other types of lasers.

Raytheon's announcement coincided with the start of the Farnborough Air Show, the aerospace industry gathering taking place this week in the U.K. There's no word from Raytheon, however, on how soon such a weapon would actually be ready for use.

BillyJeanKing 07-20-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 122999)
"I cant afford a car
I use public transportation
I don’t mind
I read till I reach my destination
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book
the amount of money I save,
this shit is off the hook"

:lolwut: