All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:09 PM

i mean she's yelling the whole time, but you can tell when he's zapping her.

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:10 PM

fbgm

BillyJeanKing 07-20-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 122922)
She supposedly called it in as a domestic violence call. Then when the cop got there, she said "I don't need you no more, he's gone" so the cop asked some information on who it was, etc. She said "I ain't gone tell you a fucking thing, I don't need your ass no more" or something to that extent. Cop just asked her to ride to the station with him and give him some info and she started becoming hostile, and wanting to fight and argue and shit..After that I dunno.

I know #1 cop got 1 handcuff on her, then maced her. Then #2 cop shows up and tases her. Keep in mind, the whole time you hear that clicking sound, she's not actually being tazed. He's just using the taser to try and scare her. The only time its hitting her is when shes screaming like a baby.

:rofl:

sounds like a mean ass bish

Cez★ 07-20-2010 03:11 PM

ghetto trash imo

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

brb deuce

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 122922)
She supposedly called it in as a domestic violence call. Then when the cop got there, she said "I don't need you no more, he's gone" so the cop asked some information on who it was, etc. She said "I ain't gone tell you a fucking thing, I don't need your ass no more" or something to that extent. Cop just asked her to ride to the station with him and give him some info and she started becoming hostile, and wanting to fight and argue and shit..After that I dunno.

I know #1 cop got 1 handcuff on her, then maced her. Then #2 cop shows up and tases her. Keep in mind, the whole time you hear that clicking sound, she's not actually being tazed. He's just using the taser to try and scare her. The only time its hitting her is when shes screaming like a baby.

:think: :wtf:

I guess that's how it usually happens. You get a fuckhead making trouble, then you get cops who almost have no choice but to do what seems like the wrong thing, then they end up as the villains.

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .GARY. (Post 122906)
That is some crazy shit Yay.

That is fine but when you use it for a hotel, airline and such they can put holds on your account that freezes it entirely. You are better off with a CC for reservations and such to avoid having your checking account locked up due to a hold put on by a company with which you have made reservations.

They can't freeze it entirely. That's illegal. :read: I used to think that was the case until I dated a finance major. :roflmao:

They can put a hold for the amount of your PURCHASE, but not the entirety of your checking account. Same principle as using your check card to buy gas and selecting "credit" instead of debit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatwhite (Post 122907)
yeah but some times the whole check card thing doesnt fly. there are some things now that require a valid credit card...not check card.

when the iphone4 came out for example. had to have valid credit card to reserve one.

Those rules are under more scrutiny now. The new finance/cc bill makes alot of that shit illegal. It's a discriminatory practice according to the CPA now. Obama did something right :imo

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:14 PM

Now that's just the story the sheriff of our county told me yesterday. I don't know what happened at all, but you know theres always 2 sides.

Our sheriff is fucking awesome. He told me last night he's carried his tazer for 7 years and only used it 1 time, 2 weeks ago when a woman was coming at him with a knife. But he also said he told her to put it down 30 times before he popped it to her

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:15 PM

In reality, it's common for them to freeze more than you purchased. Plus, if someone steals your credit card number your checking account is still able to pay your mortgage this month. If someone steals your debit card then you have to wait until the bank returns your call...

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:15 PM

always howit is....i mean, yeah there are some crooked cops, but majority time people with a lesser adavantage in life...(lower income, single income homes, single parent homes and shit of that nature) tend to try and take any advantage possible when it comes to governments, or things of public nature

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:16 PM

What the motherfucking fuck, Slacker.

I just got a 2 1/2 minute ABC News update playing. I've never heard anything other than music and commercials on Slacker before, and when a commercial comes on it's accompanied by an ad you can click. The ABC news thing just played people reading the news to me, nothing important, and I couldn't skip or ban it.

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:16 PM

Wait, whats happening with check card??

I know answer!

.GARY. 07-20-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 122930)
They can't freeze it entirely. That's illegal. :read: I used to think that was the case until I dated a finance major. :roflmao:

They can put a hold for the amount of your PURCHASE, but not the entirety of your checking account. Same principle as using your check card to buy gas and selecting "credit" instead of debit.

Those rules are under more scrutiny now. The new finance/cc bill makes alot of that shit illegal. It's a discriminatory practice according to the CPA now. Obama did something right :imo

That is good to know. Honestly though I'd rather be safe than sorry because of some computer/clerical error that happened. That is just me though.

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:17 PM

We're just discussing the relative merits of cards attached to credit accounts vs. cards attached to checking accounts.

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:17 PM

The Chat Thread

Just got a quote to get my tailgate shaved, mirrors redone, hd cap redone, and my bumper redone.

Guess how much.

JayBo 07-20-2010 03:18 PM

$900 chadrick?

I found a HD grille yesterday. For $200. Fuck you HD grille

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:18 PM

I wish my bellhousing and flywheel would hurry up and get here so I could fail sooner.

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 122932)
In reality, it's common for them to freeze more than you purchased. Plus, if someone steals your credit card number your checking account is still able to pay your mortgage this month. If someone steals your debit card then you have to wait until the bank returns your call...

Yea that's why you need to stay on top of it. Hotels fuck that up quite a bit. I use my check card for all my travel arrangements. Hotels, airfare, etc. Once it's processes I ALWAYS check to make sure it's for the correct amount on my online checking. Usually it's 2-5 days that a "pending transaction" will be listed. That amount is taken out of my available balance as well.

jschrock 07-20-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadster08 (Post 122938)
Just got a quote to get my tailgate shaved, mirrors redone, hd cap redone, and my bumper redone.

Guess how much.

$10,000? :shrug:

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:20 PM

I'd like to get a credit card again but my wife is scared...FIDIL I know I can do it right, I always did until the shit really hit the fan hard.

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:20 PM

chad can haz shaved tail? and moar white stuff? yeah beaner truck!!!

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:20 PM

My bellhousing tracking says it's in Tennessee now. :cheeky:

SarkOzy 07-20-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 122937)
We're just discussing the relative merits of cards attached to credit accounts vs. cards attached to checking accounts.

:imo

For shits and giggles I applied for a basic capital one card awhile back. Even with my salary I can't get a "beginner" card. :roflmao:

I have 0 debt aside from student loans that havent come due yet. Perfect payment history on bills, etc. But I no qualify. :roflpow:

theholycow 07-20-2010 03:21 PM

Anyone remember the alternative band from the 1990s named "Live"? Did you know they did a cover of I Walk The Line?

Greatwhite 07-20-2010 03:21 PM

get this...i sent my np271 transfer case back to the place i bought it from so i could get it fixed. UPS dropped the box and cracked the casing...thanks god i got hte insurance on it.

Chadster08 07-20-2010 03:21 PM

The Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 122939)
$900 chadrick?

I found a HD grille yesterday. For $200. Fuck you HD grille

Least you made an educated guess unlike Jamie.

450. That's how much he is gonna charge me. I talked him down a bit and told him people ask me about my truck all the time so his business will be known and have customers cause of me.