All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

Cez★ 05-11-2010 07:05 PM

:lol:

SarkOzy 05-11-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 91535)
the prohibition in your state

i like it :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 91539)
lemmeh guess...ur state be mostly Protestants?

nope. mostly anglican/catholic. SC is very odd for the south. Charleston was one of the first major colonies on the east coast and it was settled by the French Huguenots at first(catholics) and later the English came to town. (anglicans) There are more protestants(baptists/methodists/whatever else) as you go farther inland. Mainly teh small-town churches and whatnot. But along the coast where the majority of the population is located there aren't that many.

/history lesson

2005_Silverado 05-11-2010 07:08 PM

no love for the vegetarian hobos :(

Quote:

On Monday night's dinner menu at the Union Rescue Mission: tacos made from elk, deer, sheep, wild pig, black bear and antelope.

For pescatarians, there were yellow tail, tilapia and tuna tacos. Vegetarians were out of luck.

About 250 pounds of fresh game meat was donated for the feast, sponsored by the Sportsman Channel as a part of its national "Hunt. Fish. Feed." initiative.

Most diners were unfazed by the rustic fare. Many skid row residents who eat at shelters are used to diets that vary depending on what has been donated that week — from day-old doughnuts to Dodger dogs.

"All right, give me some of the wild stuff," Tommy Harris said when he learned his ground-meat taco was partly made of bear. "I want to go to the wild side."

Harris was sitting with some friends in the noisy cafeteria at the Union Rescue Mission, where he lives and works. Volunteers plopped plates of food in front of them, and the men closed their eyes to pray.

Ralph Johnson, 48, picked up a dripping taco and took a bite.

"It tastes . . . just like tacos," he said.

"Well, what'd you expect?" Harris asked him, laughing. "A big piece of bear claw or something?"

Cez★ 05-11-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 91549)
i like it :shrug:

nope. mostly anglican/catholic. SC is very odd for the south. Charleston was one of the first major colonies on the east coast and it was settled by the French Huguenots at first(catholics) and later the English came to town. (anglicans) There are more protestants(baptists/methodists/whatever else) as you go farther inland. Mainly teh small-town churches and whatnot. But along the coast where the majority of the population is located there aren't that many.

/history lesson

yea because you dont drink :crazy:

JayBo 05-11-2010 07:18 PM

Re: The Chat Thread

sitting...waiting.... i hate interviews.

Cez★ 05-11-2010 07:21 PM

tell em to CTS

stonehenge 05-11-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 91545)
wan...holidays is when they sell the most :roflmao: Nah, i mean I needs supplies for BAJA500 weekend :pepper:

rofl I know, if MX tried to ban alcohol in any way, shit would hit the fan

Cez★ 05-11-2010 07:24 PM

im not your pal, friend
in not your friend, buddy

:roflmao: that south park ep was on last night
couldnt stop laughing

SarkOzy 05-11-2010 07:24 PM

My brain just short circuited somewhere. :eek:

Unlike Schrödinger's cat-in-a-box thought experiment which used poison gas and a radioactive decay trigger, this human version involves some sort of lethal weapon and a machine which measures the spin value of a photon. Every 10 seconds, the spin value of a randomly passing photon is measured. Depending on the orientation of the spin, either the weapon is deployed and the man is killed, or it is not and he lives.
With each run of the experiment there is a 50-50 chance that the weapon will be triggered and the experimenter will die. According to the Copenhagen interpretation, the weapon will (in all likelihood) eventually be triggered and the experimenter will die. If the many-worlds interpretation is correct then at each run of the experiment, the experimenter will be split into several worlds in which he dies and a few worlds in which he survives. In the worlds where the experimenter dies, he will cease to be a conscious entity.
However, from the point of view of the non-dead copies of the experimenter, the experiment will continue running without his ceasing to exist, because at each branch, he will only be able to observe the result in the world in which he survives, and if many-worlds is correct, the surviving copies of the experimenter will notice that he never seems to die, therefore "proving" himself to be invulnerable to the killing mechanism in question, from his own point of view.
If the many-worlds interpretation is true, the measure (given in the many-worlds interpretation by the squared norm of the wavefunction) of the surviving copies of the experimenter will decrease by 50% with each run of the experiment, but will remain non-zero. So, if the surviving copies become experimenters, those copies will either die during their first attempt, or survive creating duplicates of themselves (copies of copies, that will survive finitely or die).

theholycow 05-11-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 91480)
kinda haz headache. i should probably eat. all ive had since sunday afternoon have been crackers

Why haven't you been eating?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 91486)
I drink Monsters all the time but I do it for the flavor of them, I never feel any boost in energy :shrug: but my wife drinks one and she goes kinda crazy. I guess it depends on your caffeine tolerance or something. They'd be worth a try.

It's probably all in her head. My wife does that sort of thing too.

Quote:

Hence teh barba sheevo.
Que?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadster08 (Post 91499)
chicken butt.

and you're also butting into our bis nes brah. So back the fuck off.

Internet. Srs bsns.

SarkOzy 05-11-2010 07:26 PM

no appetite rick

theholycow 05-11-2010 07:28 PM

Why not hungry, children? :chef:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 91555)
im not your pal, friend
in not your friend, buddy

:roflmao: that south park ep was on last night
couldnt stop laughing

That one always makes me rofl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 91556)
My brain just short circuited somewhere. :eek:
{...}

Must be from hunger. That's all easy enough to follow.

SarkOzy 05-11-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 91560)
Why not hungry, children? :chef:

That one always makes me rofl.

Must be from hunger. That's all easy enough to follow.

That theory on top of the many-worlds theory is no joke. Makes you contemplate alot of shit. :blah:

jschrock 05-11-2010 07:31 PM

Left over pizza and cheese sticks for lunch....mmm :roflmao:

theholycow 05-11-2010 07:31 PM

Sounds nom.

I had Tombstone mini deep dish microwave pizzas, they weren't too bad.

stonehenge 05-11-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 91557)
Que?

barba sheevo

=

barba chivo

=

goat beard

=

http://www.dreamstime.com/goat-beard-thumb9001762.jpg

=

http://www.tiendamascaras.com/imagen...arba_267_0.jpg

=

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/f/b...mageId=7628405

theholycow 05-11-2010 07:33 PM

That dude looks cool.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Cool beard, bro.

jschrock 05-11-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 91563)
Sounds nom.

I had Tombstone mini deep dish microwave pizzas, they weren't too bad.

Yeah its always better the next day lol

stonehenge 05-11-2010 07:35 PM

I brought leftover spuhgatti

Cez★ 05-11-2010 07:36 PM

:nono:
Quote:

The 7-foot-tall metal cross in a 75-year-old war memorial that withstood the heat of the Mojave Desert and a blazing battle in the Supreme Court over its legality was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to federal officials.

"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."

The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of the memorial's Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.

Authorities had no immediate motive for the theft but National Park Service officials are considering a range of ideas from scrap metal scavengers to people "with an interest in the case," said Park Service spokeswoman Linda Slater.

Veterans groups were outraged by the theft.

"The American Legion expects whoever is responsible for this vile act to be brought to justice," said Clarence Hill, the group's national commander. "While the memorial has been attacked, the fight will continue to ensure that veterans memorials will remain sacrosanct."

The Veterans of Foreign Wars first placed a cross on the rock in 1934 to honor troops who died in World War I. The cross that stood at the memorial until this week was erected at a later date.

"To think anyone can rationalize the desecration of a war memorial is sickening, and for them to believe they won't be apprehended is very naïve," said VFW National Commander Thomas J. Tradewell Sr.

The 75-year-old monument was the target of a legal challenge from the ACLU, which charged the cross is a religious symbol that shouldn't be allowed on public land. The U.S. Supreme Court last month refused to order that it be torn down in a 5-4 decision.

The Liberty Institute is now offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction in the case, and the National Park Service has established a tip hotline seeking information leading to the recovery of the cross. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Park Service at (760) 252-6120.

stonehenge 05-11-2010 07:36 PM

I haz AIM zext from korkah :wtf:

JayBo 05-11-2010 07:36 PM

i ate like 5 tostito chips for lunch.
i still got like 5-10 lbs of beer gut to rid myself of. 44 lbs down and counting w00t!

stonehenge 05-11-2010 07:37 PM

5 tostito chips?

fuck that fuckin shit

Cez★ 05-11-2010 07:37 PM

:uhoh:
Quote:

MEXICO CITY (AP) — U.S. officials confirmed Monday that an American citizen was found dead in northern Mexico.

The U.S. Embassy said the body of Ronald C. Ryan was recovered in Sonora state, across from Arizona, but gave no other details.

Jose Larrinaga, spokesman for Sonora state prosecutors, told reporters Sunday that Ryan's body was found the previous day partially buried near a creek on the outskirts of Santa Ana, a city 60 miles south of Nogales, Arizona. A cause of death had not been determined and the body was taken to the border city of Nogales, Mexico, for an autopsy, he said.

Larrinaga said Ryan, 67, of Phoenix, Arizona, had been reported missing May 3.

State police had reported detaining three men the following day who had left Ryan's pickup truck at a carwash in Santa Ana. Officers seized several automatic rifles, dozens of bullets and marijuana from the men, ages 18, 20 and 21, state police said.

Local media said two of the men are the son and a nephew of Jose Vasquez Villagrana, an alleged key operator of the Sinaloa cartel who was arrested in February.

JayBo 05-11-2010 07:37 PM

yeah, 5.