All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

JayBo 04-12-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 77226)
poor truck :emo:

Mine is at 165k but I don't have any engine issues. My issues are AC related :down:

It all started when the dumbass mechanic "fixed" my leaky intake gasket. I would have done it myself if I'd known how bad he would have fucked it up. I mean WHY do you pull the fucking head to change that?? For no good reason.

It just needs rebuilding/replacing kinda soon. I'm debating on whether to get a crate engine, jasper engine, or pull one out of a salvage yard

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 77228)
hey gaiz lets hang out by some gas tanks
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/11/gas....html?hpt=Sbin

1. What kind of idiot drills a natural gas well and doesn't protect it from animals/kids/sabotage/theft with at least a fence?
2. What kind of idiot thinks signs would keep teenagers away?
3. What kind of idiot thinks it's a good idea to hang around something like that?

Cez★ 04-12-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 77229)
I will agree that you can't really tell it's a gas tank lol

No signs, no fences, no flammable labels, etc. Just looks like something that has been abandoned.

wouldnt there be an odor coming from the gas :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 77231)
1. What kind of idiot drills a natural gas well and doesn't protect it from animals/kids/sabotage/theft with at least a fence?
3. What kind of idiot thinks it's a good idea to hang around something like that?

white people :roflshrug:

stonehenge 04-12-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 77231)

1. :word:
2. They wouldn't, but then it would be the kids stupid faults.
3. I wouldn't know it was gas :shrug: could be a water tank or some shit. That specific one looks old as shit and abandoned.

Cez★ 04-12-2010 05:42 PM

looks like a place where a murderer dumps bodies. "lets check it out gaizz" :fp:

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

"Like McDonalds," added another friend, Shawn Ashlee Davis. "They have to put 'Caution. This coffee's hot' (on their cups). I really think they need signs warning 'This is a dangerous place.' "
Yep, that's a great example.

Quote:

White's father says his son would be proud that friends and family are speaking out: "He'd be proud that we're trying to do something to keep other kids and other families from going through what we're going through."
I don't know the kid, but if he was willing to hang out at that thing I'm guessing he's slightly less square than the squarest kid in school....and subject to normal teenage apathy. I don't think any teenager would really feel proud about that.

SarkOzy 04-12-2010 05:45 PM

oh hai, lunch was nom

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:46 PM

Wan, you think as a kid you'd have hung around that thing smoking cigarettes? Did your parents give you the incorrect impression that the world in general is as safe as home and you didn't figure it out for yourself until later?

I'm curious how a kid could see that and think it's a reasonable, safe place to be.

JayBo 04-12-2010 05:46 PM

So I'm thinkin Roast Beef sammich for lunch????????? PRobably?

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:47 PM

What kind of roast beef? Cold deli roast beef, or something like Arby's?

JayBo 04-12-2010 05:47 PM

Like um, the Deli Selections kind you get from the grocery store

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:49 PM

Lame. Eat it because it's beef and because you're hungry, but don't be under the impression that you're having something decent. Not that Arby's is decent, but I was using it to describe the genre...you know what, forget everything I said about the issue. :D

stonehenge 04-12-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 77238)
Wan, you think as a kid you'd have hung around that thing smoking cigarettes? Did your parents give you the incorrect impression that the world in general is as safe as home and you didn't figure it out for yourself until later?

I'm curious how a kid could see that and think it's a reasonable, safe place to be.

If they knew it was a gas tank then they are idiots. Of course I wouldn't hang out around a gas tank smoking, even as a kid.

I'm just saying that without any signs or warnings or anything and no fences, I could EASILY have thought it was a water tank or something and wheres the harm in hanging out next to a tank of water? I'm not saying it should have warnings everywhere and flashing lights and shit. Just one Warning: Flammable or something.

Either way they shouldn't have been there and I don't think the gas company should be sued or anything but it seems like a good practice to make it obvious when shit is capable of exploding.

Cez★ 04-12-2010 05:52 PM

didnt see any word of suing. just that there should be signs and shit.

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:53 PM

:word: It's definitely good practice to put up warnings and a fence. If you're not motivated by safety, at least be motivated by monetary loss.

Quote:

Local teenagers said the site is a popular hangout because it's quiet and secluded.
I'd say that's a more important point to look at. Where are the kids going to go next now that they know not to go there? Teens need that kind of place, and if they're not allowed in the relatively safe ones they'll go where they are allowed. Sure, if you designate a place or let a place exist that you know kids go to, there will be problems - kids will hurt eachother and predators may show up...but at least you know where it's going on.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 77246)
didnt see any word of suing. just that there should be signs and shit.

Delphi Oil, the company that owns the tank that blew up, told CNN it could not discuss the accident because of pending negligence lawsuits filed by the families.

Cez★ 04-12-2010 05:54 PM

well itll be the problem of the property owners whose property was being used by the kids :crazy:

stonehenge 04-12-2010 05:54 PM

:shake:

I used to hang out in the wash with my friends. Nice and explosive free. :rofl2:

theholycow 04-12-2010 05:56 PM

Luckily there was a lot of forest around my house. There was a nice park down the road (the forest kind, not the pavement/field kind), and if that wasn't good enough me and a friend would cut through the woods into the firing range at the National Guard base and pick up spent shells....oh wait that wasn't safe at all.... :D

stonehenge 04-12-2010 06:06 PM

meh im tired as fuck

Cez★ 04-12-2010 06:06 PM

im hungry
:ffuuu:
on the plus side, im worked 65 hours last two weeks. iz getting pretty good pay :)

stonehenge 04-12-2010 06:07 PM

pay = win

Cez★ 04-12-2010 06:08 PM

:word:

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

i haz badass choo collecshen :D

stonehenge 04-12-2010 06:08 PM

mm nom nom froot cup

SarkOzy 04-12-2010 06:08 PM

kinda think i want to get a new engine for wl after listening to yaybo. :hmm:

1) personal loan for $2500
2) buy goodwrench engine from stealership
3) pull engine friday
4) install new engine saturday
5) drive to KY for break-in period
6) prawfit :naughty:

:hmm:

stonehenge 04-12-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 77259)
kinda think i want to get a new engine for wl & beast after listening to yaybo. :hmm:

1) personal loan for $5000
2) buy 2 goodwrench engines from stealership
3) pull engine friday
4) install new engine saturday
5) ship engine 2 to wan
6) drive to KY for break-in period
7) prawfit :naughty:

:hmm:

fixed :shake: