All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

Cez★ 05-12-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 92133)
WTF is wrong with people

Beijing, China (CNN) -- The death toll from an attack at a kindergarten in northwestern China rose to nine Wednesday after one of the wounded victims died, state media said.
A man with a kitchen cleaver hacked to death a teacher and seven kindergarten students -- five boys and two girls. He then returned home and committed suicide, state media sa

meh. its china. :roflshrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 92134)
yeah, Id take a look at what the teachers are pushing down the student's throats....but again, books used by the teachers have to be approved by the board...not like they go and choose any book they want w/o approval. Horne says those classes teach hispanics that they are being oppressed...IDK what theyre teaching about current events and if we're currently being oppressed, but I do know that there are instances in history where its obvious hispanics, blacks and native americans were oppressed :shrug:

yea back in the old days. you cant keep dwelling on the past. move on.

JayBo 05-12-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 92122)
Whys that yay?

btw me chawmpers birthday thread was closed :(

They won't let me file some kind of special claims b/c my income information isn't accurate right now. I make less than half of what I did last year on my W2, and they just dont seem to want to budge an inch to help

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 92136)
They won't let me file some kind of special claims b/c my income information isn't accurate right now. I make less than half of what I did last year on my W2, and they just dont seem to want to budge an inch to help

you called their financial aid office?
sucks that they dont want to help straighten it out because thats what they are there for

SarkOzy 05-12-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 92134)
yeah, Id take a look at what the teachers are pushing down the student's throats....but again, books used by the teachers have to be approved by the board...not like they go and choose any book they want w/o approval. Horne says those classes teach hispanics that they are being oppressed...IDK what theyre teaching about current events and if we're currently being oppressed, but I do know that there are instances in history where its obvious hispanics, blacks and native americans were oppressed :shrug:

All that is important to know, but all too often disseminated in an incorrect manner for school children. They see those events as current and applicable to today's time, continuing the cycle..........

Chadster08 05-12-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 92131)
chriz ftw

so ALL those people applied for ONE department or what?

Yeap. All of them were there for the same thing I was.

theholycow 05-12-2010 04:02 PM

Everybody was oppressed at some time, but academia chooses which oppression events to concentrate on and which to play down.

Looking at my ancestry, the two major groups that make up my ancestry were both subject to relatively recent oppression, slavery, genocide, etc. My ancestors fled that shit and went where they were welcome, then assimilated, worked hard, and made lives for themselves, leaving the bullshit behind.

Only one of those major groups' history gets taught much in schools, and because of their current success, it is taught merely as factual history rather than being blamed for their current condition.

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chadster08 (Post 92139)
Yeap. All of them were there for the same thing I was.

fuck that. so how do they weed out teh failures. just the test scores? and then?

JayBo 05-12-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 92137)
you called their financial aid office?
sucks that they dont want to help straighten it out because thats what they are there for

Yeah. Ive talked to this one lady like 20 times.
She said the ONLY way they would let me do it is if I had gotten laid off my job for a minimum of 6 months.

Another place I looked at said they just wanted a current pay stub to prove it. But they don't offer the classes I need.

2005_Silverado 05-12-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 92129)
if you want to learn about your past wey do that at home. that's what parents and og's are for.

i had multiple case studies on this shit in college. the more you segregate kids growing up and teach them to view the world through race first and foremost, the more challenged they'll be later in life. that goes for any ethnic minority out there. the curriculum in question OBVIOUSLY pushes a biased view to those highly impressionable kids. that does them NO good once they reach adulthood and get into the real world.

are u kidding me? most parents/OGs have no clue what happened...they wont know shit about cesar chavez, field worker rights, brazeros, hispanics in the military. Gotta remember most hispanic families arent that well educated brah...no college, sometimes no HS diploma either. If you want kids to be missinformed, have their parents teach them and see how they turn out.

This is ONE class in the 3yrs a kid is in high school...how is this segregation? Most kids ALREADY hang out in groups segregated by ethnicity...shit like that happens at home and is taught at home. Have you looked at what those teachers in AZ are teaching to come to the conclusion that its obvious that it pushes a biased view? Like I said before, I took a class like this and in my class, all we talked about was roles hispanics had in US History...AKA, "how we are part of this country," thus promoting involvement in this country and ecouraging students that they can make a difference.

Manbearpig 05-12-2010 04:07 PM

Incredible be coming in today :imo Fedex called :happy:

Painting Kitty5's bedrails too

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

:fuckyeah:

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 92142)
Yeah. Ive talked to this one lady like 20 times.
She said the ONLY way they would let me do it is if I had gotten laid off my job for a minimum of 6 months.

Another place I looked at said they just wanted a current pay stub to prove it. But they don't offer the classes I need.

fuck that old bitch. is she the only one working there? try talking to a student who works there. they are usually more symphathetic to peepz coming in. imo

JayBo 05-12-2010 04:08 PM

I guess she is the only one there. I haven't had any luck finding anyone else

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:09 PM

damn that sucks. have you tried going in person?

2005_Silverado 05-12-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 92135)
yea back in the old days. you cant keep dwelling on the past. move on.

its a history class, they teach it and they move on...unless teachers are pushing incorrect shit...which we dont know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 92138)
All that is important to know, but all too often disseminated in an incorrect manner for school children. They see those events as current and applicable to today's time, continuing the cycle..........

very true...thats why Im saying we dont know wtf teachers are really saying...but a "good" class would just teach you what happened and you take from it what you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 92140)
Everybody was oppressed at some time, but academia chooses which oppression events to concentrate on and which to play down.

Looking at my ancestry, the two major groups that make up my ancestry were both subject to relatively recent oppression, slavery, genocide, etc. My ancestors fled that shit and went where they were welcome, then assimilated, worked hard, and made lives for themselves, leaving the bullshit behind.

Only one of those major groups' history gets taught much in schools, and because of their current success, it is taught merely as factual history rather than being blamed for their current condition.

thats eaxctly what they're doing here, cao...these classes teach how hispanics assimilated and were involved in all our wars and shit...

JayBo 05-12-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 92150)
damn that sucks. have you tried going in person?

No, its a pretty long way away. I was going to start the classes online if I could.
I'll plan on making the trip one day, I have to go to the city its in anyhow to pay my truck off at the credit union.

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 92152)
its a history class, they teach it and they move on...unless teachers are pushing incorrect shit...which we dont know.

very true...thats why Im saying we dont know wtf teachers are really saying...but a "good" class would just teach you what happened and you take from it what you want.

thats eaxctly what they're doing here, cao...these classes teach how hispanics assimilated and were involved in all our wars and shit...

yea teachers add their bias into the state curriculum imo. like in the GB article i read yesterday. some teacher was pushing some anti capitalist shit in class. like wtf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBo (Post 92153)
No, its a pretty long way away. I was going to start the classes online if I could.
I'll plan on making the trip one day, I have to go to the city its in anyhow to pay my truck off at the credit union.

talking in person may probably help. she probably isnt the head hancho so you may be able to talk to someone else when your there

2005_Silverado 05-12-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 92154)
yea teachers add their bias into the state curriculum imo. like in the GB article i read yesterday. some teacher was pushing some anti capitalist shit in class. like wtf?

if teeshers are pushing shit, then come down on them and make sure they stick to the approved curriculum and not personal views, pero dont censor down the entire program like this doosh wants to. Some kids will go on to study and major in chicano studies, why stop them from learning it in HS?

SarkOzy 05-12-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 92144)
are u kidding me? most parents/OGs have no clue what happened...they wont know shit about cesar chavez, field worker rights, brazeros, hispanics in the military. Gotta remember most hispanic families arent that well educated brah...no college, sometimes no HS diploma either. If you want kids to be missinformed, have their parents teach them and see how they turn out.

This is ONE class in the 3yrs a kid is in high school...how is this segregation? Most kids ALREADY hang out in groups segregated by ethnicity...shit like that happens at home and is taught at home. Have you looked at what those teachers in AZ are teaching to come to the conclusion that its obvious that it pushes a biased view? Like I said before, I took a class like this and in my class, all we talked about was roles hispanics had in US History...AKA, "how we are part of this country," thus promoting involvement in this country and ecouraging students that they can make a difference.

i think you lost me.............i was referring to teaching of culture in textbooks/classrooms. not civic history. i HAVE read textbooks that are in current circulation regarding black/native history and it's literally shocking at what they teach. it's as if there is an agenda out there to encourage kids to view themselves differently according to race. It's hard to explain. there is a fine line in having pride for one's ancestors and going forward with what they started, versus teaching outright dissimilation with distorted cultural facts in the classroom. i havent studied the mexi-version of this enough to speak much more on it though. there are none here so we always focused on black and indians lol. this has been and is currently a HUGE problem in the native american community here. instead of teaching historical facts(good and bad) the teachers oftentimes interject their opinions into the lessons. nearly all of the indian kids i went to school with were cool as hell up until high school when the brainwashing began. even now most of them have held onto the "victim" mentality they learned in their native history classes. as a result they and their families are suffering substantially.

im not sure if any of that made any fucking sense. im multitasking with 48 different programs in the background. :roflshrug:

Manbearpig 05-12-2010 04:25 PM

spr cereal discussion

2005_Silverado 05-12-2010 04:25 PM

thats how we roll :roflmao: we wash our teef and have sprsrs discussion and next u know we posting creeper pics :secret:

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 92158)
if teeshers are pushing shit, then come down on them and make sure they stick to the approved curriculum and not personal views, pero censor down the entire program like this doosh wants to. Some kids will go on to study and major in chicano studies, why stop them from learning it in HS?

eddah should audit doosh teashers.
this is coming at a bad time imo. AZ gonna be catching shit and gonna be seen as mexi haterz

Manbearpig 05-12-2010 04:29 PM

Verizon overnight shipping ftw

ordered a silicone cover for increidble yesterday @ 420

Getting here the same time as the incredible :rockit:

JayBo 05-12-2010 04:29 PM

I don't know if I can function without some sleep when I get home.

Getting to sleep @ 4:30 and getting up @ 6:30 is not fun..

Cez★ 05-12-2010 04:29 PM

:roflmao: like yesterday me mama saw the box i got from guy i got cluster from who is from AZ. she was like :taLocoBuyingFromAZ: dont buy from there cuz they no like mexis lol

SarkOzy 05-12-2010 04:30 PM

eddeh this falls on the back of the immigration debate too...........most white americans form their opinions on the matter from what they see and hear, since most of the country is isolated from the main center of mexis in the southwest. when images of huge rallies on may day(communist workers holiday btw) are shown with more mexican flags than american flags, and then two weeks later this shit pops up on the evening news it's no wonder why white folks get nervous about it. :roflshrug: it's a visceral feeling of being invaded by a foreign entity to many. the fear of the unknown so to say.