All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

stonehenge 04-14-2010 05:31 PM

mira:

Video page
Full screen

theholycow 04-14-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 78334)
interesting...they mention if affects acceleration, not mpg. So if I has to press me gas pedal more to accelerate like before...doesnt it indirectly affect mpg? :think:

Sure, if it was really a gas pedal...but it's actually an air-de-restrictor pedal. A clogged filter is no different than a closed throttle. If taking your foot off the gas pedal saves fuel, then a clogged filter will save fuel too.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

So I just finished a rough draft of my 1040. I owe the federal government about $568.
:ffuuu:

JayBo 04-14-2010 05:35 PM

I don't get to pick up my tires until Friday :(

Cez★ 04-14-2010 05:47 PM

took a nice undisturbed shit :happeh:

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

ballin ring
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...QWk.CD4fdZ86WS

jschrock 04-14-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 78218)
You don't need any apps to backup, its built into the Recovery image. Shut down the phone, hold X, boot up, then choose (using volume rocker to move and camera button to choose):

- Backup/restore
- Advanced Nandroid Backup
- Set backup name
- Slide keyboard out and type a name (hold shift for caps, not just tap) then press Eneter
- Put a star next to all sections (BOOT, CACHE, DATA, etc, etc)
- Perform backup

Wait a few mins and your done, all backed up.

Hmm I dont have that option yet, do I have to back up to get UD9.8? Just making sure it won't lose my root..

stonehenge 04-14-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 78373)
took a nice undisturbed shit :happeh

It's nice to take a long deuce and have no one come in and get up in yo shit :imo
Quote:

Originally Posted by jschrock (Post 78375)
Hmm I dont have that option yet, do I have to back up to get UD9.8? Just making sure it won't lose my root..

whoa whoa whoa if you don't have that option then you haven't flashed the recovery yet. you NEED the recovery to flash roms. Did you let DMUpdater do its business?

jschrock 04-14-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 78376)
whoa whoa whoa if you don't have that option then you haven't flashed the recovery yet. you NEED the recovery to flash roms. Did you let DMUpdater do its business?

Yeah, hang on I think i might know whats up....I have 2 update.zips

stonehenge 04-14-2010 06:00 PM

Well the update.zip should root you and install the Superuser Permissions app (Ninja Icon). Do you have that app in your list?

jschrock 04-14-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 78379)
Well the update.zip should root you and install the Superuser Permissions app (Ninja Icon). Do you have that app in your list?

Yep i have that app and am rooted, but because i already had another update.zip it was conflicting and not letting the Droid Mod 1.0 run completely

stonehenge 04-14-2010 06:03 PM

That shouldn't matter. The recovery doesn't come in update.zip form. Try running DMUpdater now that you are rooted. It should flash the recovery image for you.

Cez★ 04-14-2010 06:03 PM

so apperantly this dude is a illegal
http://www.39online.com/news/local/k...tory?track=rss

jschrock 04-14-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 78383)
That shouldn't matter. The recovery doesn't come in update.zip form. Try running DMUpdater now that you are rooted. It should flash the recovery image for you.

Hmm, yeah I'm running it now its gone a lot farther than it did last time.

stonehenge 04-14-2010 06:08 PM

Yeah it has to be run a couple times.

Now if you want you can let it flash DroidMod for you, but that is an old rom so its not necessary. It will tell you to pick a rom at one point (stock or DM) and at that point you should be able to close the app and recovery should be flashed by then.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Cao, check out my rep title :cool:

jschrock 04-14-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 78388)
Yeah it has to be run a couple times.

Now if you want you can let it flash DroidMod for you, but that is an old rom so its not necessary. It will tell you to pick a rom at one point (stock or DM) and at that point you should be able to close the app and recovery should be flashed by then.

Awesome got it!

2005_Silverado 04-14-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 78370)
So I just finished a rough draft of my 1040. I owe the federal government about $568.
:ffuuu

wtf..did u have taxes withheld at married 2 or 3? If your wife had no net income and youre the only other source of income...should get a refund or atleast break even. Did u include Schedule M?...obamas credit

SarkOzy 04-14-2010 06:09 PM

eddeh..........fly to sc may 1. wez having meat on teh beach :pepper:

taking bets on how far i get before getting stuck :rofljest:

stonehenge 04-14-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschrock (Post 78390)
Awesome got it!

:shake: now you can flash a rom, its pretty damn easy

2005_Silverado 04-14-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarkOzy (Post 78392)
eddeh..........fly to sc may 1. wez having meat on teh beach :pepper:

taking bets on how far i get before getting stuck :rofljest:

I no eats the meat wey...sheeken and fish only

theholycow 04-14-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 78391)
wtf..did u have taxes withheld at married 2 or 3? If your wife had no net income and youre the only other source of income...should get a refund or atleast break even. Did u include Schedule M?...obamas credit

I don't know Schedule M, I'll have to look at it.

I think Married 1. Last year I think I paid a little but I don't think it was $600.

2005_Silverado 04-14-2010 06:11 PM

Schedule M is something A LOT of peoples are fucking up right now

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/artic...dvice_strategy

jschrock 04-14-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 78394)
:shake: now you can flash a rom, its pretty damn easy

Yeah i already have UD9.8 downloaded going to try and flash as soon as this backup is finished.

All i do to flash is unzip the folder copy it into nandroid and then choose install and select the ud9.8 folder, right?

2005_Silverado 04-14-2010 06:18 PM

Me +2 steering stem is shipping today :pepper: should have on friday

stonehenge 04-14-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschrock (Post 78398)
Yeah i already have UD9.8 downloaded going to try and flash as soon as this backup is finished.

All i do to flash is unzip the folder copy it into nandroid and then choose install and select the ud9.8 folder, right?

Well there are two types of downloads. UD9.8 is available as an update.zip or a nandroid. Depending on which you got:

update.zip:

- Put the update.zip on the root of your sdcard
- Boot into recovery (hold X at boot)
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Yes
- Go back to main menu and choose Install
- Allow update.zip installation
- Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)
- Reboot

or

nandroid:

- Unzip the folder inside the zip to /sdcard/nandroid so you end up with /sdcard/nandroid/ROMNAME/boot.img, etc.
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Yes
- Go back to main menu and choose backup/restore
- Advanced Nandroid Restore
- Choose backup
- Select the ROM you extracted earlier
- Perform Backup (leave only boot/data/system checked)
- Reboot

theholycow 04-14-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado (Post 78397)
Schedule M is something A LOT of peoples are fucking up right now

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/artic...dvice_strategy

You just made my rough draft go from paying $600 to getting a $200 refund. I could kiss you.

But I won't.

What the fuck is up with that...I've always done a good job, and when I've had a professional do it I've also done it myself and it always matched.

Cez★ 04-14-2010 06:20 PM

me spindles better be shipped. dude never sent me any email after i PPed him

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 78402)
You just made my rough draft go from paying $600 to getting a $200 refund. I could kiss you.

But I won't.

What the fuck is up with that...I've always done a good job, and when I've had a professional do it I've also done it myself and it always matched.

eddah ftw