All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important: The Chat Thread (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=405)

stonehenge 10-15-2009 06:27 PM

:jester: what failed? The LiveCD?

Cez★ 10-15-2009 06:30 PM

me not liking teh dressing?

theholycow 10-15-2009 06:30 PM

Yeah, system booted to a nice LiveAndroid wallpaper or splash screen but nothing works.

Also,
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:B...vista_logo.jpg = FAIL

But you already knew that. It froze up on "Choose a user name and picture" when I clicked Next.

stonehenge 10-15-2009 06:34 PM

Stupid vista :blah:

As for Android, I haven't tried it yet. I got it to work in a VM but it was slow as shit on this stupid mac mini. I need to find a disc to burn it so I can try it on this shitbox on the floor behind me haha

So you saw the blue/green/aqua android name glowing as it booted and then saw the wallpaper with a few icons at the bottom and a tab on the right?

theholycow 10-15-2009 06:39 PM

Nebbermind, Vista wasn't stuck, it was an ID-10T error. Vista requires a password hint and I thought the "Next" button was not greyed out when I clicked it.

In Android I see a pastel blue background, "Live Android" on the screen (with the logo between "Live" and "Android"), and no icons/tabs.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Would it be perverse to install 64 bit Windows 7 on a netbook?

stonehenge 10-15-2009 06:40 PM

Hmm.. well on the VM it showed some unix shit scrolling by, getting ready to boot android I suppose. Then I saw this scrambled pastel blue screen and I couldn't read it (probably the screen you saw). After a while I was going to give up and close it but noticed it was still reading from the disc so I gave it more time and that screen eventually went away and the aqua colored android boot logo came up, then the OS. Maybe you had to wait longer? Or did it stop loading from the CD for you?

theholycow 10-15-2009 06:41 PM

Dunno, can't see the CD LED from where I'm sitting and I ejected the CD after waiting 20 minutes.

Cez★ 10-15-2009 06:41 PM

im full :blah: still have a huge chunk of lasagna left

stonehenge 10-15-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 12771)
Dunno, can't see the CD LED from where I'm sitting and I ejected the CD after waiting 20 minutes.

Damn, mine didn't take 20 mins and it was on a slow VM :( Maybe a hardware incompatibility somewhere, I mean it is version 0.3 of an OS that is only shipped on cell phones so far :jester:

Cez★ 10-15-2009 06:55 PM

think im going to pass by BB and buy headphone jack thing to connect my ipod to mah radio

stonehenge 10-15-2009 06:56 PM

BB will be overpriced bro :( is there a walmart or radioshack anywhere on your way?

theholycow 10-15-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 12773)
Damn, mine didn't take 20 mins and it was on a slow VM :( Maybe a hardware incompatibility somewhere, I mean it is version 0.3 of an OS that is only shipped on cell phones so far :jester:

It is possible.

I'll run it in a VM on one of my balls-to-the-wall VMWare ESX servers...it'll run fast if it runs at all.

stonehenge 10-15-2009 07:03 PM

Just tried it on this box behind me and it wouldn't even boot the disc wtf I think its either the program i burned it with on this mac or the disc itself. I don't see why it wouldn't even get into the initial boot process unless the disc is messed up somehow.

theholycow 10-15-2009 07:04 PM

To answer my own question about 64 bit on netbook...I googled it:
Quote:

The Acer Aspire, like the HP Mini, uses the Atom N270 Processor. This is a 32 bit processor, so no you will not be able to install Windows 7 X64.

But the X86 version runs like a champ on the Atom processors!

stonehenge 10-15-2009 07:06 PM

Wow I'm happy to hear that the W7/Atom play well together, I thought it may have been too much for the little guy. This makes me happeh because I like 7.

Cez★ 10-15-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 12777)
BB will be overpriced bro :( is there a walmart or radioshack anywhere on your way?

not on my way home, but theyre both right across teh street in teh other direction i drive home lol

stonehenge 10-15-2009 07:09 PM

lol then try one of them. its just a male to male 3.5mm headphone cable. Just make sure its long enough to comfortable hold teh pod in your hand or set it on the seat or whatever. Too short sucks. Too long is annoying. :jester:

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

reburned the image with a different program at a slow ass speed of 8x and the computer still refuses to boot it :blah:
(Boot Failure: System Halted)

Cez★ 10-15-2009 07:13 PM

3.5?? will remember that. i need to find a place to hold it, not sure if my phone and ipod will both fit there lol

stonehenge 10-15-2009 07:15 PM

Where? The little pocket under the AC? I need to put my little pocket back in there, it was mad handy. Right now I have a lil CB/PA in there that I almost never use.

Cez★ 10-15-2009 07:56 PM

nah i use the cupholder to keep my phone there where i can see it go off and is easy to reach. the ipod im :hmm: maybe yank out the stock cd player and throw it in there

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

so now i have to double check douche bags work :hahano:

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

wow this dudes a real fucking prick. i sent him a email asking if he was going to work on teh issues that havent been touched and hasnt replied since. but he can reply to the ugly ass fucking whores he emails

stonehenge 10-15-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cez (Post 12791)
nah i use the cupholder to keep my phone there where i can see it go off and is easy to reach. the ipod im :hmm: maybe yank out the stock cd player and throw it in there

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

so now i have to double check douche bags work :hahano:

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

wow this dudes a real fucking prick. i sent him a email asking if he was going to work on teh issues that havent been touched and hasnt replied since. but he can reply to the ugly ass fucking whores he emails

Ah I keep my phone in the arm rest on the door and my ipod on the seat or cupholder. My truck was a ghetto model so I never had a stock CD player, it was just a little pocket in there lol

:facepalm: fuckin douchechurrito

Email him again and say "bitch, don't make me get all mex cartel on your ass"

Manbearpig 10-15-2009 08:19 PM

lol @ six yr old flying around in ufo

stonehenge 10-15-2009 08:19 PM

kitteh5

Manbearpig 10-15-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan! (Post 12796)
kitteh5

:word:

Hes a bro :longcat:

stonehenge 10-15-2009 08:23 PM

lol i guess you investigated his goodies?