Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default KORKAH be gUd sumairitun

Pop your popcorns and get dat purple drank ready...dis finna be a good story.

I was driving this morning(Saturday morning shits and giggles drive).

On my way home I saw a guy broken down in a burgundy Grand Marquis with Mustang wheels. I later found out it was a 2004. The car had come to rest mostly in the driveway of a business but partially sticking out because that's just where the guy had been to do an emergency stop at.

The guy in the car was just a random white dude. Looked kinda young.

I parked in the lot next to where he was and walked over to him and asked if he needed help. He said he didn't know if there was anything I could do to help at that point. He told me his ABS and traction control lights had come on and the car would not move forward or back. It would roll backward but that would put it in the street with traffic

I haven't had much trouble with those lights but I immediately thought he may have been low on brake fluid for the light to kick on the way it did. We tried a couple of basic troubleshooting things first. He hadn't tried turning it off then back on so we at least tried that. The car wouldn't budge.

I asked him if he called anybody and he said he had already called his grandfather who was a mechanic.

After about 5 minutes his grandfather showed up and looked at it. Tried to get it moving. He thought it may have been a transmission issue and of course, you can't fix that on the fly. When the grandfather realized they couldn't do much I offered to call a free tow truck through my insurance. They were like "hellz yeah".

I called the insurance company and started making arrangements. Gave them the details of the guy's car (burgundy GM) and not my car. I already confirmed over a year ago that my insurance company DGAF if you use the roadside service for someone else's car.

They dispatched a truck and said it would be there in under an hour. I decided to stick around just in case they needed me there because it was my insurance and not his. After about 10 or 20 minutes they called and said they had to cancel the first tow company and dispatch a new one which would be there in 75 minutes

The granddad had to drive the kid to work because that's where he was headed and almost late for. The kid worked 3 minutes away. The granddad was supposed to come back after dropping the kid off but it seemed to be taking a long time.

After about 15 minutes the granddad comes back with burger king breakfast nomz :woah2: and asked if I wanted sum...I was liek:

You know I want dat nomz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had sammish and tots for brefas while we waited

Me and granddad talked about cars and junk for an hour and a half. Wheels, transmissions, bodywork, tembo, etc.

He noticed my back window was taped because the regulator needed to be replaced and said he had another CV at home that he could swap it for.

So korkah already got free nomz y car part.

This is only half the story

Intermission

After waiting forever on the tow truck and calling a few times the guy finally shows up. It was painfully clear that it was going to be a tough job that would require some manuevering and luck. The driver figured we'd have to block one lane of traffic with his truck and back the car out and onto the street then the tow truck could go around it and up the ramp.

The driver put out road cones so the drivers would GTFO(over)

After he got into position we tried pushing the car back out into the street. It was hard as FUUUUCK and was barely moving.

Here's the good part...The granddad luckily notices what the problem real is:

The damned axel is FUCKED on the car and now the tire is damn near under the car

When I saw the tire I was like:

The grandfather was liek

Said an axel is way cheaper than any kind of transmission problem.

The truck driver did a little more maneuvering and shit and eventually got it on the truck.

We asked him if there was anything I needed to sign after the car was dropped off and he said NOPE so I got the hell on!!

Before I left teh granddad gave me $20

I was like nothnx at first but then I was like gimme dat 20 bux

WHole ordeal took about 2 hours

Got brefas, window regulator, and 20 bux. WIN

End of story
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Professional transmission rebuild prolly more expensive than professional axle rebuild, but self-service junkyard price is similar and transmission is much easier to find.

Anyway, this seems like maybe just a U-bolt broke...that's not expensive or difficult.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #4
nekkidhillbilly

nekkidhillbilly used to read Word Up magazine.  Salt N Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine... :truestory:nekkidhillbilly used to read Word Up magazine.  Salt N Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine... :truestory:nekkidhillbilly used to read Word Up magazine.  Salt N Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine... :truestory:nekkidhillbilly used to read Word Up magazine.  Salt N Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine... :truestory:nekkidhillbilly used to read Word Up magazine.  Salt N Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine... :truestory:

monica
nekkidhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 AM   #5
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote