Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #1026
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I'm still liking UD, but kind of want a change.

Whatcha suggest wan?
Old 06-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #1027
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I really like CyanogenMod, I'm still using it. I like that you can install the rom and kernels using their app. The app also notifies you of updates to the rom, lets you backup via the app (it reboots into recovery and does it all automatically), and is overall a very clean rom. It doesn't come bundled with a bunch of apps and shit.

Only downside is that it has the stock theme. So to theme it you have to manually use MetaMorph or pay for the Premium version of their app so you can install them the easy way.

I paid the $4 because I liked the rom/app that much.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh and one big plus for CyanogenMod is that you can install apps to your sdcard. So whenever you have to wipe to install a new version of the rom, all your apps are still there when you come back
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #1028
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

install apps on card will be a def + cuz my phone is almost tapped out
Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #1029
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

rofl si, is beddy naiz for app whores.

You can choose to install on sd or internal. So you can put things that are vital like LauncherPro and Lookout and whatnot on the internal memory so they'll run faster and be there in case of sd failure and put all the games and whatnot on the sd. That's how I am now, I have like 3 things on the internal and the rest on sd. I notice no difference in speed.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #1030
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

i wanna put assfault on sd...big file i think...so how i get this cryogen shits?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #1031
stonehenge

It be easy. First if you want you can get "App List" from the market. It will save a list of all your apps to the sdcard (applist.txt). Might be handy.

Then go to the market and install Rom Manager. The free one be fine and if you like it enough you can pay $4 for the one that lets you install themes and other roms and shit.

When it opens it will probably ask for root permission, always allow it. Then you should see the first option "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Click that, select Droid, let it download, then it will flash it. It only takes a few seconds. It may ask for root permission here instead. I don't members.

Now you haz new recovery. You can now install CyanogenMod. If you haz fast wifi available, connect to it, if not thats fine. In Rom Manager, click "Download ROM", then "CyanogenMod" at the top, then "CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1". Check Google Apps, hit OK. Now it will download the ROM. This may take a while if on 3G. Give it time. When its done you'll get a pop-up. Choose both options (Backup & Wipe) for this first install. Then hit OK and chill the fuck out for a few minutes. It will reboot, backup, wipe, then install the rom. You don't haz to do shit.

When its done it will boot into CM. It may take a while the first time, but thats fine. Once it boots it will seem slow because it is running at stock speed (ta loco stock). Go into Rom Manager, choose Download ROM, then CyanogenMod, then either bekit Kernels or P3Droid Kernels. Either will work. When you go into them, you'll get several options:

First decide what max speed you want, I like to stay at 1ghz, you can try higher if you want. Then decide what voltage you want. Low voltage runs cooler but some phones don't like it. When I use a low voltage I get lots of FCs and unstability. Others love them. Trying them won't hurt, you can flash new kernels as often as you want. As for "5 Slot" or "7 Slot", that is how many options you'll see in SetCPU. A 5 slot may have 250/400/600/900/1000 where a 7 slot could have 500 and 750 or something also.

I am using the bekit 7 Slot 1.0GHz Standard Voltage but try whatever you want.

When it goes to install, choose to backup but don't wipe.

Now you're done. Next step is to theme it if you want.

Let me know if I forgot anything
Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #1032
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

rom manager be on list que no?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #1033
stonehenge

haznt tried, when i wanted it, it wasn't so i bought, i'z only bought 3 apps so far. BW, RM, and a solitaire one that was .99 cuz the other ones were ghey
Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #1034
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

will i lose me pics/vids?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #1035
stonehenge

Sorry, didn't see post nope, they be on sd card, sd card be safe

Might have to format sd card later to make apps2sd work pero that will be a separate step and you can copy your shit to pc first if you want when you get to that point.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #1036
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

flashing
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #1037
stonehenge

let me know if something happens but so far i done mine, royyarz, and told my bro how to do his. no issues so far
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #1038
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

does it freeze a lil at end of download?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #1039
stonehenge

rofl maybe but even if it freezes completely for some reason, you aren't at a point that freezing would cause shit.

It freeze at the end of RM download or end of ROM download?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #1040
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Quote:
When it opens it will probably ask for root permission, always allow it. Then you should see the first option "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Click that, select Droid, let it download, then it will flash it.
aki pero its all good now...I FC it, then tried it again pero said it was all done and ok...downloading cryogenshitmodthingie
Old 06-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #1041
stonehenge

cyan like the color wey cyanogen
Old 06-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #1042
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

cryogen
Old 06-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #1043
stonehenge

like dr. evil?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #1044
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

so its sorta win pero not completely cuz of zext pixtar issue
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #1045
stonehenge

must fix zext issue. rawlz are at stake

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

damn, should have tested zexts before theme

try to call *228 and choose option 2

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

get on gawgle tawk
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #1046
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

suckcez
Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #1047
stonehenge

damn right

Also, this looks interesting. Downloading now: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/01...ad-nemoplayer/
Old 06-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #1048
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

what was problema?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #1049
stonehenge

The theme modified the gallery and somehow broke it. Which is unusual because all the theme did was change the icon. I found the gallery from stock CM. So now it has the stock icon pero it works. FIDIL.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #1050
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner