Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Music
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Remixes, post them.

Ok, not sure if this thread will get much attention, but post up any remixes, mash-ups, etc that you like from youtube or download links to zshare/mediafire/rapidshare/etc whatever. Even just the name if you don't have a link.

Everything is game: Rap, Rock, Classic Rock, Techno, whatever I don't care.

Here's a few I like:
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls (Prodigy Remix)

Video page
Full screen

Kanye West - Love Lockdown (Electro-Dance Remix)

Video page
Full screen

White Stripes/Prodigy Mash-Up

Video page
Full screen

And for the lulz:
Bill O'Reilly Flips Out (Techno Remix)

Video page
Full screen

Oh the only thing I don't really consider a remix is when they just add one more verse from another rapper to a song, but leave the beat and everything exactly the same.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Wow, I suppose this should have gone in the MUSIC subforum?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Shaggy has disabled reputation

FIxed. Wow, I never heard of that prodigy/white strip song. I like it.

GMFS STATUS: NOT BANNED
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
stonehenge

either did I actually, I just found it while lookin around youtube, it was done pretty well imo
Old 03-16-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
stonehenge

Since you bastards aren't playing along:
The Killers - Human (Ocelot Remix)

Video page
Full screen
Old 03-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I have some great ones to post but I was too lazy to dig up embeddable versions. When you start mashing stuff up, it seems to really expand my musical limits...shove a godawful rap song together with a tired classic rock song and suddenly I can tolerate the rap song (ok, so "Listen Twice" is the only example like that below).

DJ Party Ben - Eric B & Rakim vs. The White Stripes - Pump Up The Doorbell
DJ John - The Eagles vs. Daft Punk - Victim of Da Funk
DJ Party Ben - Howard Jones vs. Lily Allen - Smile (Things Can Only Get Better)
djbc - Led Zeppelin vs. Diana Ross (I think) - Ain't No Misty Mountain High Enough
DJ Party Ben - Oasis vs. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Songs
djbc - Talib Kweli vs. The Doobie Brothers - Listen Twice
djbc - Snoop Dogg vs. Nu Shooz - Snoop's Nu Shooz

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Oh, and of course...

Video page
Full screen
Old 03-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
stonehenge

i go back and forth when it comes to kid rock. Sometimes I can listen to his music all day long, other times it annoys me lol, I do like that one though
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #8
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Oh, and of course...

Video page
Full screen
Thats not really a remix is it? He just adds sweet home alabama in the mix.

Korn

Video page
Full screen

Metallica

Video page
Full screen

Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #9
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I have a great idea to mashup these three songs:
2 Live Jews - Hava Nagila
Anthrax - I'm The Man '91
Ice T - New Jack Hustler

I'm The Man has its main riff based on the tune of Hava Nagila. The end of New Jack Hustler sounds like it would fit almost perfectly with other parts of I'm The Man.

I am musically incompetent so when I tried it I was unable to get it done.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Another one I liked and I posted before.

Reel Big Fish

Video page
Full screen

Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ok, so revisiting my selections from above:
DJ Party Ben's site: http://www.partyben.com
He's got mp3 downloads for all his work there. He's also got a few youtube videos...

Video page
Full screen

Video page
Full screen
Old 03-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Thats not really a remix is it? He just adds sweet home alabama in the mix.
It's a mashup of Sweet Home Alabama with Werewolves of London and some of his own material (mainly lyrics/vocals and a few drum/guitar fills).

Quote:
Metallica
[yt]dOibtqWo6z4[yt]
That's a cover, not a remix or mashup. I really dislike it...they discarded so many important components, skipped important stuff, and butchered the rest.

Definitions:
Cover - A new performance of the same song
Remix - The original recording re-arranged (better when done with the original separate mic/instrument tracks)
Mashup - Two or more songs put together where bits of one are played on top of another (not just sequentially, but concurrently).
Stupid bullshit - "megamix" from Gloria Estefan or similar where two or more original recordings of songs have bits played sequentially or alternating back and forth, like a medley but done with original recordings...it's just awful...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
stonehenge

Quote:
Ok, so revisiting my selections from above:
DJ Party Ben's site: http://www.partyben.com
He's got mp3 downloads for all his work there. He's also got a few youtube videos...

[yt]aOdnq8PdbAs[yt]

[yt]YFg5q2hSl2E[yt]
Those are both done pretty damn well, checking out his site now (i refuse to use handshake)
Old 03-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #14
Corey
TAC BAC

Sonar Challenge Champion Pingu Sports! Champion Speed Racer Champion Thivin Monkeys Champion Srike One Champion
Pepsi Sumo Twang Champion Garage Door Tennis Champion Tiny Combat Champion Zodiac Slots Champion The Bounce Champion
Corey may have a mustache.

I guess this would be a mass up, but i really like it for some reason

Video page
Full screen
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
stonehenge

Coming Undone Wit It ftw
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #16
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

THen I am not sure what a remix or mashup really is. I guess its a rap thing..

Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #17
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I wasn't clear?

Remix == same stuff, reassembled a little different

Mashup == combinations of multiple songs shoved together

Cover == new recording of a new performance (usually by a different band)

Metallica's "Turn The Page" is a cover of Bob Seger's "Turn The Page".

Bob Seger could release a remix of his "Turn The Page" without the sax, or with extra sax, or with part of the song looped, by using his original masters. Someone else could do it, somewhat less effectively, using the normal recording.

Metallica could release a remix of their cover of "Turn The page".

DJ Party Ben could do a mashup of Metallica's cover combined with Bob Seger's original, though that would be an unimpressive mashup.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #18
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Here's a mashup of The Eagles "Victim Of Love" with...uhh...something by Daft Punk I guess. It's great. I listed it earlier in this thread.

Video page
Full screen
Old 03-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #19
stonehenge

Quote:
Bob Seger could release a remix of his "Turn The Page" without the sax, or with extra sax, or with part of the song looped, by using his original masters. Someone else could do it, somewhat less effectively, using the normal recording.
Or some kid in his basement could remix "Turn The Page" with techno beats and name it "Turn The Page (Super Sexxy Off Road Hardcore Remix)"
Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #20
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Remixes aren't strictly made only of original parts, but the main point is that it's the original stuff and there's little or no content added from other songs (though there could be new content added).

"remix" and "mashup" do tend to be used interchangably but I believe my definitions of them are technically correct.

Rob Zombie - Spookshow Baby (original)

Video page
Full screen

Rob Zombie - Spookshow Baby (remix, I think done with the help of Rammstein)

Video page
Full screen
Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
stonehenge

shes a killa imo but shes also a thrilla so
Old 04-01-2009, 04:40 AM   #22
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Ok, if this is a remix, then I know what to look for:

Video page
Full screen

Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #23
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

So was I right on this??

Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #24
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

If you're asking me, I have nothing to compare it to...I've never listened to a Rihanna song in my life.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #25
Freddi

Freddi may have a mustache.

I don't know how to make the videos pop up here so I'll just give you the links.

In For The Kill - La Roux remixed by Skream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5GdutCRo8

Hometown Glory - Adele remixed by High Contrast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32z7USfMD1s
Freddi is offline   Reply With Quote