Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #1276
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Oh I thought you meant it was some sort of Office that runs on the server for them to use. you just meant setting it up to deploy from the server?

Just cleaned up janitor ladys computer. Was an old ass Dell she got from her grand daughter. No wifi, slow as shit. Removed some useless bloat & toolbars, turned off all the shadows, transitions, etc, ran Malwarebytes and removed 11 things, disabled some useless stuff that ran at startup.

Then she said her facebook was too big and she had to scroll left/right too much. Resolution was the lowest possible and there were 3 toolbars in IE, which resulted in very little visible webpage space. Upped the resolution (after showing it to her to make sure it wasn't too small since she be old) and removed all the toolbars.

She said she owes me and I told her not to worry about it, just bring me leftover tacos or some tamales around christmas or something
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #1277
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I'd love for them to run it FROM the server.. like a damn dumb terminal. But, this is better than nothing I guess..
Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #1278
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Awesome. It's all put together in one video.

Minor issues:

1. Under what credentials do startup scripts run? I bet local administrator. That user would not be part of the domain "authenticated users" group and would not have access to the files with the permissions he provided. Not sure what's up with that.

2. He made it seem like you can't have User and Computer settings in the same GPO. You can. You only need one GPO for that.

3. If you are using two GPOs, he did them in the wrong order. On a live network somebody could get the install GPO before the suppress recommended settings dialog GPO is up. Not a big deal, but might as well do it right.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Oh I thought you meant it was some sort of Office that runs on the server for them to use. you just meant setting it up to deploy from the server?

What that video describes is called a push install or an unattended install. That's a form of installing from server, not running from server.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #1279
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

or software deployment or installing shit without leaving my desk. ftw
Old 08-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #1280
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Since these are all newer W7 machines, I decided to just deploy instead of trying to find a way to RUN from server.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #1281
VmaxEngage
melons :drool:

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Everytime I cold boot my comp, after I log in I hear this clicking noise about 7-8 times.

It sounds like the clicking noise IE makes opening pages n shit.

wtf?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #1282
stonehenge

i know the click you mean

but idk wtf would be making it...

just to be safe you could run a scan with malwarebytes or something. Could also check your startup items in msconfig to see if theres anything shady.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #1283
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Seen that plenty of times...I don't remember if I ever bothered figuring it out/fixing it. Probably some startup crap.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #1284
stonehenge

I think I had it happen once so I just turned off that sound in the sound settings LOL
Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #1285
VmaxEngage

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Yea, Ive done plenty of scans. its just annoying. hell i dont use IE so idk why it would make that noise. what startup file should i look for?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #1286
stonehenge

If you can't tell what it is by the name then good it and find out what it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #1287
VmaxEngage

noU
Old 08-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #1288
stonehenge

*Google its

Old 08-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #1289
VmaxEngage

Google tits imo
Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 AM   #1290
stonehenge

K brb

Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #1291
VmaxEngage

Old 09-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #1292
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Does anybody remember when "download" didn't mean the same thing as "transfer" and was the antonym of "upload"? Am I the only one who is irritated by this?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #1293
stonehenge

I think technically that's still how it should be used (speedtest.net has upload/download speeds and whatnot) but yes, there have been a lot of ratards lately saying they are going to "download" something from their flash drive or "let me download it to dropbox".

BITCH, YOU AREN'T DOWNLOADING UNLESS YOUR BRINGING IT DOWN FROM THE INTERWEBS
Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #1294
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Internet Explorer information bar that you get when you try to download something says a website is trying to download the file to your computer...the website is trying to upload it, you're trying to download it.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #1295
stonehenge

Stupid fuckin IE...

Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #1296
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Heres something to tickle your brain.

I use OpenDNS right now for content filtering b/c our inline filter went dead. Anyhow, I sometimes want to bypass this BS b/c it slows me down, and I need to access some sites it blocks and you can't set up individual machines to be on a whitelist.

I change my DNS settings to the ISP's on my cpu. Bitch blazes on the internet. No problems.. UNTIL I want to Remote Desktop, etc within my internal network.
How can i set this thing to use the ISP's dns server settings, and still be able to access my internal IP/machine's?

Would just putting the addy of my DNS server in the secondary DNS place in the TCP/IP settings suffice?
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #1297
stonehenge

Is this only going to happen on one computer? You could probably do two NICs. One for internal, one for the outside.

If you have an extra NIC laying around you could give it a try.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #1298
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Yep. Just one computer. Mine.
It had 2 NIC's in it, I removed one of them though and can't find it lol

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Also trying to set up with dual monitors too if I can find another vid card
Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #1299
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
I change my DNS settings to the ISP's on my cpu. Bitch blazes on the internet. No problems.. UNTIL I want to Remote Desktop, etc within my internal network.
How can i set this thing to use the ISP's dns server settings, and still be able to access my internal IP/machine's?

Would just putting the addy of my DNS server in the secondary DNS place in the TCP/IP settings suffice?
This is a pain in the ass and there's no good answer. Secondary DNS doesn't get queried as long as primary DNS isn't broken; merely responding that no record was found won't cause it to check secondary. You either have to run your own internal DNS (which can then use OpenDNS as its upstream provider), use a hosts file, use WINS resolution (which basically means running a DNS), or use IP addresses instead of hostnames.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #1300
stonehenge

oh yeah just setup a hosts file to point to anything you need to RDP to. Unless you rdp to all your workstations then that could get tedious