Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #551
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

DMUpdater is in the market now and DroidMod v1.0.0 is out supposedly it is pretty much v.2.0.7 of Sholes. It has a new boot animation, live wallpapers built-in, and comes without a theme. It is apparently better to add a theme afterward with MetaMorph. May try it later

Also apparently includes some sort of "wipe data while keeping all apps" setting which sounds interesting

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Oops, I lied, its not in the market yet. Gotta get it here for now: http://downloads.droidmod.org/dmupdater-10.apk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #552
Manbearpig
:van:

Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

How do you gaiz do screenshots?
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #553
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Okkkkay
Srs question.
I have not really noticed any benefit of running a ROM so far, having it rooted is cool though.
I'm not overclocking it at all, and keep getting force close messages on random stuff. It never did that in factory mode.

So question being, if I put it back to stock, rooted it, and then installed some kind of theme (like smoked glass), wouldn't it basically be the same as right now since I'm not overclocking it?

If I do overclock it, how much do I need to do to be on the safe side?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #554
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Yeah if you aren't using the benefits of a flashed rom, you can go back to stock with root and then add a theme. Nothing wrong with that if you prefer the way stock behaves for you.

As for overclocking, I was running 800 for a long time, Eddie was running 1ghz and neither of us have had issues. People are even running 1.3 and shit which sounds crazy to me. But even those people don't report any damage to hardware. The only issues that I've seen with really high amounts are crashes and reboots but the hardware seems to be fine. Of course they haven't been at it for long, it may reduce life.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #555
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Honestly, what are the benefits of a ROM over stock? I can't find anything except being able to overclock.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #556
stonehenge

Well essentially by rooting you can modify a stock install to do anything that a ROM has. Well for the most part. You can take a stock installation and add an overclock kernal, install a theme, enable wifi tethering, etc. The benefit of a ROM is that it all comes in one package. You don't have to manually enable/install/remove/tweak everything, the ROM builder does that for you.

For example, to enable tethering on a stock install requires a bunch of commands and modifying, this is already done in a ROM. Then to get multi-touch browser and the new gallery and whatnot, you'd have to download and install/modify stuff to make them work. Etc etc.

Many ROMs also tweak system settings and the way that android handles memory or cpu speeds. Like some roms repackage all the stock apps (including Home) so that they run more efficiently.

So all these little things are all packed into one quick flash.

But lots of people choose to stay stock because they like it better
Old 02-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #557
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Ahhhh.
I mean its not bad, I actually like it and have gotten used to it.
I just keep getting a FC on some apps.
Think its just a bug or something?
I don't plan on returning to stock just yet, I haven't had any major problems.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #558
stonehenge

Are you running a home replacement or the 2.1 Launcher?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #559
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

i get FCs too...but i love pinche zoom and running @ 1ghz...def worth the lil bugs
Old 02-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #560
stonehenge

I don't get them that often, usually when I do its because I'm fucking with shit and probably deserve it
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #561
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I'm not running the 2.1, you talked me out of that!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #562
stonehenge

I know, that is a good thing. Home replacements and the 2.1 launcher have always caused shit for me. I was just making sure lol
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #563
stonehenge

New version of apparently has more goodies (not just the one guys repository of apps pero another repository as well )

www.blapk.com to download
Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #564
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

web page not avail
Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #565
stonehenge

it be available here

oh if you click the link ON your phone it wont work, i think VZW blocks mediafire
Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #566
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

i clicked via mi fon...nice smilie btw
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #567
stonehenge

I'm about to install it via you ess bee cable. Could also mail it to yourself from teh pee see
Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #568
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

plz
Old 02-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #569
stonehenge

lemme emailz it to you, hoopefully postal fucks don't steal mah emailz too
Old 02-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #570
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

i hurd that live wallpapers kill the batt...noticed anything?

dfw droid alerts

brah wish u had S I L V E R A D O badges already
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #571
stonehenge

I haven't noticed the LW killing it any quicker but dunno.

droid alertz?

me2 maybe today
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #572
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

droid alerts = droid skeets = lil sperms swimming in me background = live wallpapers = why i asked about batt life
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #573
stonehenge

I've had the Starfield or Alertz LW set the whole time since I've installed them and haven't had any issues. Plus, if you DO have issues, just restore the backup you make before installing and they'll be gone. Or leave them installed but use a normal wallpaper and they won't be running to kill batt
Old 02-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #574
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

is the new droidmod any diff than sholesmod?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #575
stonehenge

Quote:
Changes from SholesMod 2.0.6 are:
- New boot anim (DroidMod animation)
- 2.1 Live Wallpapers v1.1
- DMUpdater included
- Wipe data but keep apps option
- Themes have been removed, just use MetaMorph.
I actually want to try it because wiping data occasionally isn't a bad idea, especially after all the experimenting I've done with this thing . I haven't wiped it yet because I don't want to lose all my apps but this appears to keep them I'll try it this weekend maybe or some day after work this week.

Only downside is that its themeless. Which means its faster actually. But uglier. lol