Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Post AOT IRC Channel

Cao and I setup an IRC channel where we can all hang out and shoot le shit. It will probably be most useful if/when AOT goes down again but even when AOT is up, it can be a good time waster.

If you already know how to use IRC then connect to DALNet and join the #allofftopic channel.

If you don't know how to do that, there are a couple ways to access the chat. If you don't want to install any programs (like at work/school/lazy) then just use this web interface:

Web based options:
  • Go to http://www.dal.net
  • Enter a nickname on the right where it says "Chat Now", click "Go!"
  • If it asks, agree to run java and open your firewall and whatnot.
  • After the chat window loads and connects, type "/join #allofftopic" and hit enter.
oror

If you want to install a chat program (which are A LOT nicer to use), here's how to do it on Mac, Windows, and Android. (There are linux programs and probably iOS apps too but I don't know which ones are best.)

Windows:
  • Go download the latest release of KVIrc (click the latest release then pick a link, preferably in the US).
  • After it downloads, install it and then open it.
  • Click Next until you get to the screen asking for your Nickname. Enter the nickname you want to use. You can fill in the other info if you want, that's up to you. Click Next.
  • Choose a theme, click Next, click Finish.
  • KVIrc will open and give you a list of servers. Scroll down and click DALnet and then click "Advanced..." in the lower right.
  • Enter an alternate Nickname here if you want, then click "Join Channels" tab. In the space above the "Add" button, type "#allofftopic" without quotes, then click "Add". Click Ok, then click Ok again.
  • Click the connect icon (first icon in the bar, looks like a power plug) and you MIGHT get a popup asking if you want to let KVIrc through your firewall. Let it through.
  • Wait for it to connect. It may take a few minutes and try a couple different servers.
  • Close the window that pops up. You are now in the chat. Enjoy.
  • Next time, you just need to open KVIrc, click OK, click Connect, and you're done.

Mac OSX:
  • Download the most recent version here: XChat Azure.
  • Install it.
  • Open the app and you'll get a pop up window. Enter the nickname you want (and a second and third choice in case the first is taken). The username and realname don't matter, put whatever you want in those.
  • In the list of Networks, check the first box next to DALnet. If you want it to connect automatically when you open the app, check the second box too.
  • Click "Show details" button at the bottom. In the right panel that pops up, click the "On Join" tab. Below the first section, click the "+" button and enter "#allofftopic" without quotes.
  • Click "Hide details" on the left and then click "Connect" to join the chat.
  • Next time, you'll just have to click Connect.

Android:
  • Install this app: AndChat.
  • Open the app, click Next.
  • Enter your top 3 nickname choices. Username and real name shouldn't matter, but go ahead and fill them in with whatever you want.
  • Tap Next, No, then Finish. Click OK if you get a popup.
  • Tap "Add a server" and click OK.
  • Enter this info:
    • Name: DALNet
    • Address: irc.dal.net
    • Port: 6667
    • SSL unchecked.
    • Autojoin: #allofftopic
    • Leave everything else set to whatever it was.
  • Click the save icon at the top.
  • Click the DALNet name and it will connect to AOT's channel. Enjoy
  • Next time, you'll just have to tap DALnet instead of doing all these steps.

Any questions?
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote