Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #1426
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

You don't get anywhere in programming by guessing and being vague. When programming you need to know exactly what you're trying to say and you need to be explicit and detailed. This is true in code, and it's true when asking for help.

Ok, so in VB.net the select case construct can be used with a keyword "to".
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/net/nets1p21.html
Quote:
Select Case agerange

Case 16 To 21
MsgBox “Still Young”
Case 50 To 64
MsgBox “Start Lying”

End Select
You gotta get rid of that mangled shit.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #1427
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

what mangled shit? also when i replace "and Cint" with "to" it says end of statement expected

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #1428
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I'm thinking replace
Case Is > 2 And CInt(decTxtWeight <= 6)
with
Case 2 to 6
Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #1429
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

wont execute. get the same end of statement expected thing. what would be the end statement? from? :roflcrazy:

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #1430
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #1431
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

so theres a section that uses the "to" code and it goes like this

select case intScore

case is >=90
strGrade = "A"
case 80 to 89
strGrade = "B"
case 70 to 79
strGrade = "C"
Case 60 to 69
strGrade = "D"
Case 0 to 59
strGrade = "F"
Case Else
Messagebox.Show("Invalid Score")

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #1432
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

since I've only dealt with java, feels weird not seeing { and } and ; separating things
Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #1433
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

I FUKKEN GOT IT

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #1434
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So did you try your original code with debugging dialogues as I suggested? You'll need to turn my pseudocode into real code by looking up the way to use msgbox().

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Oh, nevermind, you got it.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:27 AM   #1435
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

yea. you was on right track with the "to" i think i hadnt fixed the code enough with the "to" to run smoothly. lemme copy it over from parallels

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Select Case decTxtWeight

Case Is <= 2
decMileageCost = 0.01D

Case 2 To 6
decMileageCost = 0.015D

Case 6 To 10
decMileageCost = 0.02D

Case 10 To 20
decMileageCost = 0.025D
End Select
i had left most of it with "case is 10 to 20" and similar and wouldnt execute. ran it fixed and enterd all my example values and teh results match

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 AM   #1436
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I figured the "is" had to go if you wanted to use "to". That whole bullshit with the way it was before looked like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Now, there is a minor logic error that will probably get you marked down a couple points.
Quote:
Case 2 To 6
decMileageCost = 0.015D

Case 6 To 10
decMileageCost = 0.02D
If it's 6, it could match both of those statements. There will probably be a predictable, consistent result, but it's still sloppy enough for the teacher to mark off. (Same problem with 2 and 10.) That is, unless VB.net is smart enough to handle that situation officially properly.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #1437
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

should i change the 2nd 2 to 3, the 6 to 7 and 10 to 11?

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #1438
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Is the input guaranteed to be an integer? If not, are you allowed to convert it to an integer? That's where you could use CInt...
Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 AM   #1439
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

no. i got a 1.5 in there.

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #1440
stonehenge

Will teacher be a doosh and enter a negative number or letter or something?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #1441
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

wont matter. if he did a check is in place to bring up a pop up box saying it cant be less than zero

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #1442
stonehenge

Ok cool

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #1443
stonehenge

I didn't realize that even back in 99, peeps creamed themselves when Apple announced things.

Video page
Full screen

its beautiful has handle
Old 10-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1444
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

fuck yeah and it sucked use one back then worse than now.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #1445
stonehenge

chkdsk you my only frand
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #1446
stonehenge

can get w8 thru work. Gonna put it on craptop and see if I can bypass as much Metro UI as possible
Old 10-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #1447
stonehenge

installed W8 Pro this morning:

So far I have found the Metro shit annoying in a couple ways and not annoying in a couple ways.

It still functions roughly the same as a Start Menu for the way I use the Start Menu. I rarely navigate the start Menu on W7. I just hit the Windows key and type what I want then choose it from the list that comes up. The new Metro UI works the same way so I'm okay with it in that respect. Clicking "Desktop" takes you to the normal Windows UI (sans start menu) so normal usage hasn't changed much if you don't play with the Metro Apps.

The annoying parts... hitting the Windows key again doesn't hide Metro, either does the escape key. You have to click the Desktop tile every time, unless I'm missing a hotkey. Also, to shut down you have to hit the Windows key, move your mouse to the corner, click settings, click Power, then click Shutdown/Restart/Sleep. Way too many steps for that.

So far I have disabled the lockscreen at boot so it goes straight to the login window and I setup a bat file that will automatically jump to the Desktop after booting up so it doesn't go straight to Metro after logging in.

Must play with this shit more but definitely not putting this on my Desktop anytime soon.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #1448
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

It's 2012, there's another version of Windows, and we still have to fix it using the same old DOS .BAT files.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #1449
stonehenge

bat files ftw
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #1450
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus