Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #1076
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

<-- Never touched lmhosts.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #1077
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

i've never had to do that before

to get domain machines to play 100% with the linux domain, we have some lmhosts entries. It is part of our initial install.

But to simply map a drive, we don't have to do this shit on anything besides W7 w/ this new 2008 R2 domain. FTS.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #1078
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

rick, do you ever use robocopy?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #1079
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Not often, but I have used it occasionally when there are specific issues I need to deal with.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #1080
stonehenge

Damn, nvm then.

I set up a robocopy scheduled task to copy from a specific directory on the box to a mapped drive that sits on a different server. The task fails every time. I think it is acting like it doesn't have access to the shared drive even though i'm running it as admin and the drive is mapped by admin. w/e i'll figure it out.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #1081
stonehenge

Nailz, did you ever get the bank yawb?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #1082
stonehenge

Video page
Full screen

Old 01-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #1083
stonehenge

http://imgur.com/Ydo4J

Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #1084
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I have some users who insist on using the worst passwords ever. I wish I could login as them and send emails to everyone saying "I've got the dumbest password ever, and now I've been hacked."
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #1085
stonehenge

I hate when peeps are like "hey I can't login to the domain, my username is derpington and my password is derpLULZ32"

I DONT WANT YOUR DAMN PASSWORD, IF I NEEDED IT, ID RESET THAT SHIT MYSELF

Although derpLULZ32 is a decent password more than 8, upper/lower/numbers, no dictionary words
Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #1086
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I don't like resetting passwords for my own use, then I have to tell them what their new password is.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #1087
stonehenge

I don't do it unless I HAVE to but I'd rather do it than know what their password is.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #1088
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I usually avoid needing to know their password. If I end up with their password it's almost never by my request.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #1089
stonehenge

Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #1090
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Okay.. has question. Has searched, no help.

Heres my deal.
I had our Student INformation System database and web-based software housed on a server that I maintained. Well Pearson was requiring a huge upgrade, and rather than spend tons of money on new server, new copy of server 2008 and all the CAL's, I opted to have Person host it for us. They migrated everything from our server to theirs and everything works fine. We have a new domain and everything. OK. The tricky part.

When It was housed in the building, I had the domain (powerschool.webster.k12.ga.us) set up. that was public, and internal. Had the DNS set, all that BS. Ok. problem now.

the domain has changed to websterbobcats.powerschool.com

The Powerschool server I housed had its own Web hosting software, I didn't have to use IIS oR anything to make the webpage public. Just typed in the IP address of the server, or the domain (powerschool.webster.k12.ga.us) and it went to the page.

Ok, now that the domain has changed, I want to somehow redirect anyone that types powerschool.webster.ga.us blah blah to the new domain.

I'm not sure how to make IIS do this. I've tried creating a webpage called Powerschool.webster.k12.ga.us and make it redirect to the new domain, but I'm forgetting something.

Is there a DNS change I need to make since I deleted the other one? If I just do the DNS entry on my DNS machine to point powerschool.webster.k12.ga.us to the new IP of the hosted solution, the SSL ceritificates fuck up and it doesn't want to let you in.

So...what are me options?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #1091
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

So my friend has blessed me with the task of fixing his laptop. According to Geek Squad, they wanted $300 to fix it, and it has "25 traces of infection" on it.

Long story short, I think this thing is fuxxored. I can't even get it to connect to my router. I've run Anti-Malware Bytes from my flash drive on it and it only found 1 questionable file. I've tried various other tricks and nothing seems to work. I tried to roll back to a previous restore point, but there aren't any (WTF). Pretty sure I'd be better off wiping and re-installing. But, as you all know, manufacturers don't feel that you need a Windows CD with a new laptop.

Any ideas on what I should do with this thing? The machine is an Asus K40IJ/K50IJ Series.

I'm just frustrated with it, so I know I'm missing something simple, but it's been a fight with this thing.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #1092
stonehenge

Kr0ndix, hmm so it does boot though? Look around the start menu, I'm pretty sure if it didn't come with a disc then it should give you the option to burn one somewhere. Each manufacturer is different though. Definitely sounds like that thing deserves a wipe. On the other hand, cao is pretty efficient at removing shit instead of formatting so he may have another idea.

Jay, can't help you there. The other sysadmin is the one who deals with DNS, forwarding, domain names, etc, etc here :/
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #1093
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

this IIS stuff is kicking le ass..

Do not understand.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #1094
stonehenge

Don't even know what IIS stands for

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Hopefully can halp
Old 01-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #1095
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Kr0ndix, hmm so it does boot though? Look around the start menu, I'm pretty sure if it didn't come with a disc then it should give you the option to burn one somewhere. Each manufacturer is different though. Definitely sounds like that thing deserves a wipe. On the other hand, cao is pretty efficient at removing shit instead of formatting so he may have another idea.
I've got the option to burn a backup image, but I don't think that's going to help since the computer is already crippled. It's like it's in some sort of safe mode. It's got W7 on it, but the taskbar and start menu look like Windows 2K... the grey blocky shit. The tops of the windows look normal though.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Actually, I lied. The tops of the windows don't look normal.

Also, I went and tried to change the theme just for shits and giggles, thinking maybe it was switched to look like that, and ALL the W7 themes are greyed out. Strange.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #1096
stonehenge

Yeah... that sounds like something that has caused enough shit that I'd nuke it
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #1097
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

FKK:
The theme issue may be a setting in System Properties -> Advanced -> Performance Settings.

Do make those recovery CDs like Juan said. Also note if there's a recovery option built-in that you just hit F10 or something for when booting.

For cleaning nasty infections, nothing beats taking the drive out and slaving it to another machine...it's hard to clean a running system, easier to clean one that's off. If you can't then boot in safe mode and use Autoruns and HijackThis.
http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe
http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis
Exercise extreme prejudice, since it sounds like it's already a lost cause. Still in safe mode, run malwarebytes and Spybot and whatever else.

Juan: IIS is Microsoft's web server daemon, Internet Information Server...apache is better

Jay:
The best solution is probably to change the DNS and negotiate the proper certificate with Pearson. However, trying to convince someone to put in the right SSL certificate is always a huge pain in the balls. As such I'd say your strategy is good.

My boss usually deals with IIS stuff (other than certificates) and I think he does forwarding as an option in IIS interface settings for the site, not in an HTML/ASP/whatever file as content. For an immediate short-term solution while working on the long term solution I'd just put up a page with a link to the new address that says "Please bookmark the new address" or something.

I'd probably install a smaller basic httpd instead of IIS, or at least the Windows version of apache.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Jay, did the old software run its own server, or did it just operate through IIS? IIS won't work as long if old software is bound to port 80.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #1098
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Yeah, the old software ran its own server. That server doesn't even have IIS installed on it. It is actually running on our old Exchange server.

As of right now, the old software/server is not being used. the machine is nothing more than a empty server (i mean it still has the software on it, but it's not being used)

I tried to install IIS, but it wanted some damn CD's that I couldn't find.
So, is there a simpler method??
Old 01-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #1099
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

IIS shouldn't need any CDs you can't find. Do you have a volume licensing agreement? You should be able to download everything you need from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Servicing site.

You could look at these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...ht_web_servers

I vaguely remember hearing good things about this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighttpd
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #1100
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Well Rick,

Come to find out, This server already has Apache 2.2 installed on it.

I just installed some updates and had to restart the machine..

The apache is simple enough to do the job, right?

I'm reading about those you listed now though.