Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Music
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Music: Best cross-genre covers

How about it...covers that take a song and play it in a very different style.

This one is great: Every Rose Has Its Thorn (originally by Poison), covered by the "Pickin' On" bluegrass cover series (and brought to me by the Coverville podcast, great podcast, though a couple crappy episodes lately):
http://coverville.com/archives/2009/...post-valentine
Or, straight to the MP3 of that episode: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cover...lle-090216.mp3

He Stopped Loving Her Today, as covered by Trent Summar & The New Row Mob...the verses are done in the original George Jones style, but the refrain is done in some heavy punk style or something. This live performance sucks, but the album version is very cool.

Video page
Full screen

Just found this on Coverville, it's a great one-man multi-track cover of Africa (originally by Toto).

Video page
Full screen

Edit: Ok, so that last one wasn't cross-genre. D'oh!

Last edited by theholycow; 02-20-2009 at 06:16 PM.
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

This is either The Gourds or Phish, it seems like every time I see this song, it has a different artist on it lol

Video page
Full screen
Cover of Gin & Juice by Snoop btw.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Video page
Full screen
Framing Hanley cover of Lil Wayne's "Lollipop"
Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Bighead38

Parachute Champion USA - Geography game Champion Horse Racing Champion
Bighead38 may have a mustache.

Danny's Song by Me First and the Gimme Gimmies. They are a great cover band.
Bighead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Shaggy has disabled reputation

Video page
Full screen

GMFS STATUS: NOT BANNED
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post

Video page
Full screen
Framing Hanley cover of Lil Wayne's "Lollipop"

Awesome cross over job they did

Old 02-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Rivet Head - SexyBack This isn't the music video for it, but damn I don't mind watching this video with the music behind it.

Video page
Full screen

Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
ftw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Rivet Head - SexyBack This isn't the music video for it, but damn I don't mind watching this video with the music behind it.

Video page
Full screen
can't hear the song that well but love the vid lol
Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead38 View Post
Danny's Song by Me First and the Gimme Gimmies. They are a great cover band.
Good one!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ok, that Take On Me cover was great!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #11
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Video page
Full screen
Old 02-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #12
stonehenge

Video page
Full screen
(not really cross genre but a cover none the less )
Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
Bighead38

Parachute Champion USA - Geography game Champion Horse Racing Champion
Bighead38 may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Good one!
Bighead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #14
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Ok, that Take On Me cover was great!

There is a much better one of a band I have no idea who they are, but its damn good. I will find it and post it.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:21 AM   #15
TwoTone

TwoTone may have a mustache.

Video page
Full screen
TwoTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #16
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" covered by The Railbenders as a country ballad:
http://www.stumbleaudio.com/#railbenders2/7
Old 04-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #17
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

The rap thread reminded me...

Video page
Full screen

Dynamite Hack - Boyz In The Hood
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ok, got here's new batch of 'em...

This one is freakin' great! I found it on Youtube but they've disabled the audio due to copyright issues (and the video was a still picture), so here it is where you can listen to it:
http://www.imeem.com/groups/aoyFzVZZ...hen-doves-cry/
It's "When Doves Cry", originally by Prince, covered by The Be Good Tanyas. I don't know exactly why I like it, it seems like something I wouldn't like but I really love it. I can't describe the style it's covered in.

Next, is the Phil Collins song "Against All Odds" artistically covered by The Postal Service. Not sure how to describe this style either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehHqPfRhPo

Video page
Full screen

More hilariously, here's Hayseed Dixie covering Outkast's "Roses". This is quite obviously done in bluegrass style, which is what Hayseed Dixie does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0FuMRHRCVY

Video page
Full screen

Last but not least, Groove Coverage covering Stevie B's "Because I Love You". You may not remember this one. Stevie B was a few-hit wonder in the late 80s/early 90s, with a pop fusion style of R&B/rap/dance (this song was more of a pop love ballad than those styles, though). Groove Coverage made it into a more techno/dance song, but somehow I like it anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW1ZdKZ41Vo
Edit: Embedding disabled. Try this one instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_crYcjHpAA

Video page
Full screen

Here's the original by Stevie B:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qBdgqwYJY

Video page
Full screen
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #19
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

This is so awesome! I know Hayseed Dixie does a lot of humorous bluegrass covers, but Blue Highway is great and they did a great serious job on this...

Video page
Full screen
Old 03-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #20
rodg1984

Mario Catcher Champion Slashing Pumpkins Champion IceHockey Champion Hungry Hungry Hippos Champion Tetes Brulees Champion
Sperminator Champion Stone the Crows Champion Wedgie Toss Champion Revolutionary Girl Utena - Bug Hunt Champion
rodg1984 likes to BIWP on a regular basis.

Volbeat - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

Video page
Full screen

Volbeat - I Only Want to Be With You

Video page
Full screen

Last edited by rodg1984; 03-01-2010 at 07:26 AM.
rodg1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #21
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

I like this song from volbeat.

Video page
Full screen

Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #22
rodg1984

Mario Catcher Champion Slashing Pumpkins Champion IceHockey Champion Hungry Hungry Hippos Champion Tetes Brulees Champion
Sperminator Champion Stone the Crows Champion Wedgie Toss Champion Revolutionary Girl Utena - Bug Hunt Champion

Yea my buddy heard that song, had me find it for him, and that led me to listening to more of them
Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #23
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
This is either The Gourds or Phish, it seems like every time I see this song, it has a different artist on it lol

Video page
Full screen
Cover of Gin & Juice by Snoop btw.
its the gourds i have the cd

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Video page
Full screen

one of my fav covers

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xay...a-bottle_music

and my fav cover
shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #24
rodg1984

Sevendust - Going Back to Cali

Video page
Full screen
A Static Lullaby - Toxic

Video page
Full screen
The Devil Wears Prada - Still Fly

Video page
Full screen
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Notorious Thugs

Video page
Full screen
Silverstein - Apologize

Video page
Full screen
Bayside - Beautiful Girls

Video page
Full screen
Thrice - Send Me An Angel

Video page
Full screen

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Video page
Full screen
Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage

Video page
Full screen

Last edited by rodg1984; 03-14-2010 at 05:55 PM.
rodg1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #25
stonehenge

Amaru - Whatever You Like (T.I. cover)

Video page
Full screen