Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #551
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Hardware specs?
I knew I should have wrote those down. Ummm.... by memory I think it's a Dell GX60 (I think), 1.8Ghz, 20G hard drive (sounds right), can't remember the RAM... maybe 512 if I had to guess... lol. It's like a bare bones estimating computer for a body shop office.

Nothing fancy, just needs to run one program. They've been running the program on Win2K, but a recent update came out and they had problems. They called the company, and they said it was all due to Win2K (of course).

Problem is, I don't have a spare WinXP CD or key or anything. And it's one of those deals where nobody wants to spend any money on any kind of anything for this thing. So basically, I either make it work one way or another, or they get mad.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #552
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

OIC.

You really shouldn't be messing with installing illegitimate software for a client or employer.

If all it needs is to run that one program, maybe it could run in WINE or ReactOS?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #553
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

Very true... I wasn't suggesting that I was going to do it illegally. Just wanted suggestions if there were any. You guys are creative little fuckers.

I'm not breaking the law for my job. I already had that discussion with my boss. I've got something else in the works now that will hopefully work, and I'll check into those links if not.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #554
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

So we have a department where the two techs quit and I had to take over the server and a new guy took over their desktop support. He tried to add a printer to some womans computer and it told him he didn't have permission, even though he is using an adminstrator account. I don't see why he wouldn't be allowed to unless they have some stupid shit setup to manage printers. Time to investigate.

Need to figure out why he isn't allowed to. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise btw
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #555
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

A member of the Domain Admins group ought to have unfettered access to add a printer. Did you get the exact error message? Most likely it was one of those stupid errors that pretends to be a permission failure.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #556
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Nope, he just came to my desk and was like "ohyaheygai I tried to add a printer yesterday and it said no permisisons lolwut can you fix it servergai? thx bai"

Gonna email him and tell him to get an exact error for me. He should have permission to add/remove a printer. Even if they have some sort of server implementation, it would just remove the printer he added if it didn't like it, it shouldn't block him from manually adding one.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #557
stonehenge

Tech replied and said "I tried it again and it worked this time, dunno what the problem was."

Sure brah

Anyway, now I have some peeps that randomly can/cant remote into a machine. I've tried it from my desk and get the same results. I will try to remote and it won't be able to find the machine I'm remoting to. Then a few minutes later I'll try again (making NO changes) and it will find it right away.

I'm thinking bad switch, bad cable, or bad network card. hmm
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #558
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Checklist:
- Does the name resolve to the IP?
- Does the IP respond to ping?
- Does the IP have the correct port open? You can use your favorite port scanner or telnet.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #559
stonehenge

Default Re: IT Thread

Will do tomorrow. For now the tech switched ports on the switch. Doubt it'll do much.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #560
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Tech replied and said "I tried it again and it worked this time, dunno what the problem was."

Sure brah

Anyway, now I have some peeps that randomly can/cant remote into a machine. I've tried it from my desk and get the same results. I will try to remote and it won't be able to find the machine I'm remoting to. Then a few minutes later I'll try again (making NO changes) and it will find it right away.

I'm thinking bad switch, bad cable, or bad network card. hmm
We had a similar problem where I was working, ended up being the switch...narrowed it down after doing a few tests, went through like 3 perfectly fine NICS (if I knew what I know now, I could have tested those a lot easier), and running a brand new god damn drop...FTL.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #561
MFB
The return of the Brett.

MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:
MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:

I'm the best at computers just so you know.
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #562
stonehenge

Stupid fgt switch

She said that office just has an old Linksys sitting on the floor so it could have been kicked around or something rofl
Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #563
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
I'm the best at computers just so you know.

Quote:
Stupid fgt switch

She said that office just has an old Linksys sitting on the floor so it could have been kicked around or something rofl
The one that was fucked up for us was like 10 years old and had been beat to shit.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #564
MFB
The return of the Brett.

MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:
MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Fanatic View Post

Old 12-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #565
stonehenge

Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #566
MFB
The return of the Brett.

PINCHE POWER SUPPLY

3.3 is reading 3.29 and cpu is at 1.09 yup down goes another one.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #567
stonehenge

Skip power supply, plug mobo straight to wall
Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #568
MFB
The return of the Brett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan! View Post
skip power supply, plug mobo straight to wall
kay
Old 12-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #569
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Quote:
Skip power supply, plug mobo straight to wall

Old 12-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #570
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I need a cable modem for interwebz by Monday, the cheaper the better. Suggestions?
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #571
stonehenge

I have POS satellite but I thought you had to get the modem from your ISP?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:27 AM   #572
MikeH
waffler

Apparently I gotta get one thats compatible, heres a list.
http://help.cableone.net/HSD/Modem/Certified.aspx

Walmart has the Moto SB5101U but Im not sure how its different than the SB5101
Old 12-23-2010, 03:20 AM   #573
stonehenge

Moto ftw
Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #574
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

The DOCSIS standard came out a long time ago (and promptly had new versions) and made it possible to buy any cable modem to use with standard cable modem service.

I wouldn't worry about being picky, they should all do the job fine and you're probably running your own router/firewall anyway, right?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #575
MikeH
waffler

Yeah I just went ahead and picked up that one from Walmart. I didn't wanna order one and it not be here by Monday. I already have my own linsys wireless router.