Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #526
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

then pls give address for free gas
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #527
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

I was talking about the vent hose at the top of the filler neck> Basically the same reason you have to replace evap solenoid on your truck. The sending unit has a vent on it as well but it looks like the other dude has had this problem with the anti siphon so thats probably it.
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #528
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Filler neck is steel, welded to tank.

I'll have to stick my borescope down it.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #529
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

there is a vent in the neck and one somewheres in the tank. idr where it is on a b body. basically keeps air from doing exactly what yours is doing. my 66 has a tube that ran up in the trunk and looped around to keep air out of it. the later 70s ones had a vent tube and cork(my nga) filter to bleed out the air.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #530
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

On the way to work today, sudden horrible grinding. Thought I had a catastrophic wheel bearing failure. Jacked car, checked wheels, felt ok. Then I noticed driveshaft's forward U-joint resting on safety bracket. Then I noticed transmission mount failed.

fak.

Rigged part of mount back in place sideways with strap and huge zip tie, got a few miles up the road, happened again. Removed safety bracket, let transmission rest on crossmember. Yoke can't escape transmission anyway, it's way too deep.

I guess I'll fix it tonight in the cold and the dark. New mount is only $7 so at least it won't cost much of anything.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #531
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I guess I'll fix it tonight in the cold and the dark.
:emocao:
Old 12-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #532
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
:emocao:
Old 12-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #533
stonehenge

I was too lazy to find one of your posts with the url
Old 12-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #534
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

break

Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #535
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Stores don't have the replacement mount part. I'm probably going to hack something to get me through a week while I order one. Rockauto here I come!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #536
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Time to sell and buy new GN

Quote:
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
Old 12-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #537
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Good point. I'll get right on that. I'll grab a T56 while I'm at it, no point putting the T5 in.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #538
Dubyagee

Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.Dubyagee did it like this, did it like that, did it with the wiffle ball bat.

Lenco planetary trans. Twin turbos and a fire suit.
Dubyagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #539
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

Quote:
Good point. I'll get right on that. I'll grab a T56 while I'm at it, no point putting the T5 in.
Guess I meant regal...

Quote:
Old 12-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #540
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

or hold out for the 2016 ls car they are coming out with

Old 12-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #541
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I'll just buy them all with my Christmas bonus.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #542
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

dont forget three hookers

Old 12-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #543
stonehenge

Quote:
Christmas bonus.
what is this means?
Old 12-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #544
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

jelly of the month club

Old 12-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #545
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 12-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #546
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yesterday I managed to buy that transmission mount.

You can't tell in the photo but that's square rubber tubing, not a solid block. Its walls are about 1/4" thick and the hole through it is about 3/4" square.

I procrastinated all morning and into the afternoon today, then got down to it. It was going reasonably well when the stud that sticks out of the rubber part broke off.

It's supposed to have a piece of steel the size of the whole thing, instead it had a piece narrower than a bolt head would be...barely a flange at the end of the stud.

I figured I'd put a bolt and big washer through the hole. Nope, can't maneuver a bolt in because square tube is too narrow and long. Can't hold on to a nut inside it. Then I remember these brass 1/4" flat stock 1"x2" pieces with threaded holes in the center. Luckily they match the exact bolts I'm using.

Ignore the rubber part in this photo, it's unrelated to what I'm doing:

It's too big. It won't fit inside the square tube. I take it to the bench grinder and taper one end of it, then pound it in with a 5 pound handheld sledgehammer. It's a little crooked but it'll do, pig, it'll do.

Since that end is now finicky, I bolt that end to the crossmember first. Now I have to struggle to bolt the other side to the transmission. I'm shoving the transmission, trying to bend the engine mounts to get the holes to line up. It's getting dark out.

Then I realize...mud has one redeeming quality. You can shove a flashlight in the mud and aim it where you want.

I finally get one of two bolts in. I'm completely unable to get the other one in. I tighten the bolts that I have, skip reinstalling the driveshaft safety bracket, and call it done enough. I'll see if I can put it up on the lift at my father in law's garage and muscle the other bolt into place, and I guess I should order a few more transmission mounts...
Old 12-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #547
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

Damn, you have the luck.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #548
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Remember my fuel filling difficulty? New tank complete with filler neck, it overflows and the pump shuts off, and the other reviews of the same tank say they have the same problem.

Well, I finally shoved a camera up my car's gashole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88rA8xMIfLY

Video page
Full screen
Old 01-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #549
stonehenge

10/10, will buy Gashole Explorer when it comes out on 3D BluRay
Old 01-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #550
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus