Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Entertainment
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
TheOne

Daffy Jumper Champion Telescope 2 Champion Telescope Champion Yahtzee 23. Champion Spell Racer Champion
TheOne may have a mustache.
Default Lets talk TV's and Home theater systems!

Discuss what you have, model number, price and where you found them. Looking for a 42" Flat panel screen and a nice system. Thanks.
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Shaggy has disabled reputation

I don't have a decent surround sound on my tv yet. Its a old sony turner, 6 disc changer. I do have a 61" Samsung DLP. Bad ass tv.

GMFS STATUS: NOT BANNED
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #3
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

TVs: I have an Apex 27" CRT that's probably 5-8 years old, and a Panasonic 30" CRT that's probably 15 years old. Oh, and a Zenith that's probably 14" or so and probably 20 years old.

On top of the Apex, there is a Panasonic stereo VCR. On top of that, an Emerson DVD player. On top of that is a messy pile of miscellaneous DVDs, a couple VHS tapes, and a Star Trek: Enterprise box set. Next to that pile is a Nosquito electric bug trap. Next to that there's a small digital cable box, on top of which is an alarm clock since the stupid box doesn't have a display.

Next to the TV there's a 20 year old Panasonic faux-component stereo, a 20 year old Sony CD player, and I can't remember what else.

Below the TV there's a random collection of old-ass game consoles, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. We don't use those. In fact, we don't use most of the crap I described...just the TV, clock, bug thingy, cable box, and occasionally the DVD player.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Oh, and on top of the Panasonic tv: Hitachi VCR, Apex DVD player, miscellaneous collection of DVDs mostly not in their box.

I was going to post a funny picture that I would get from doing a google iamge search for "white trash", but the search produced some hooters, so I'll post those instead.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
FluffyMrB
~The Jellyfish~

FluffyMrB may have a mustache.

I've got a full-hd 50" Panasonic plasma tv, just enough to game with xD
but I want it bigger & better though, I'm gonna buy myself a nice projector with a resolution of 1920×1080 (costs 'round the 3000€ (Sony one), but it lasts a lifetime! )
FluffyMrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
Your_Mums_A_N00B

Your_Mums_A_N00B may have a mustache.

I've got a 37" HD Samsung TV. It's awesome. I bought it from www.laskeys.com , (a few years back) it cost £600 but the leading high street retailer (Argos if you've ever heard of it) had it for a price of £890!

I do have a 5.1 surround sound system, if I can ever be bothered to get the leads and plug it into my TV haha!
Your_Mums_A_N00B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
Jello

Jello may have a mustache.

Living room :

Samsung 68 Inch 1080P DLP TV, Dennon 777 Reciever, Yamaha Fronts, Center and Rears, MTX 12 Inch Subwoofer, Samsung Blueray player, and of course the 360

The bed room just has a Samsung 50 Inch Plasma

Edit: Went home and noticed the bedroom tv is 50 inches, not 42 lol

Later,
Will

Last edited by Jello; 03-25-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

living room: 13" Emerson with built in VHS tape, custom bunny ears, and I broke the side panel to get to the speaker so I could wire in a new one, the old one broked.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #9
Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
living room: 13" Emerson with built in VHS tape, custom bunny ears, and I broke the side panel to get to the speaker so I could wire in a new one, the old one broked.
haha, I have an atari that would work well with your system...

Seriously Atari Frogger FTW
Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #10
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

haha I have an atari in the closet somewhre with a shitload of games (pitfall ftwwww)
Old 03-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #11
Jello

Quote:
haha I have an atari in the closet somewhre with a shitload of games (pitfall ftwwww)

The old ski game was BAD ASS ....

Or the 2 player tank game, where you use the paddles to shoot the other persons tank!

Ha Ha :waytogo:
Old 03-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
TheOne

Daffy Jumper Champion Telescope 2 Champion Telescope Champion Yahtzee 23. Champion Spell Racer Champion
TheOne may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello View Post
Living room :

Samsung 68 Inch 1080P DLP TV, Dennon 777 Reciever, Yamaha Fronts, Center and Rears, MTX 12 Inch Subwoofer, Samsung Blueray player, and of course the 360

The bed room just has a Samsung 42 Inch Plasma

Later,
Will
Nice set-up, I think a 68" is out of my range but a 42" is do able, also i want to get me a kickass sorround sound system, is it better to piece it togheter than buying a kit? because some of them are priecy.
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Nice set-up, I think a 68" is out of my range but a 42" is do able, also i want to get me a kickass sorround sound system, is it better to piece it togheter than buying a kit? because some of them are priecy.
When I get home tonight Ill post up some pictures of my 50 inch.... Its really the perfect size for movie watching/gaming ect.... the 68 inch requires you to have a large living room because you need to be sitting about 15ft away from the TV if you plan on watching it for a long time.

Honestly for me to piece together my surround sound cost a lot more then most kits out there.

Dennon 777 - $700.00
MTX 12 Inch - $200.00
Yamaha speakers - $400.00
Blueray - $250.00

So I have like 1650.00 just in parts for my surround sound... Not including the 360,game cube and other crap thats plugged into that TV.

However you dont need such a high end reciever for every set up, I just really wanted HDMI switching and MULTI room controll... My kitchen has two 8 inch 3 way Yamaha speakers flush mounted in the roof that I wanted to controll from it aswell.

Is this set up going in your living room? bed room?
Mainly watch movies, Mainly game?
As far as surround sound, mainly for watching movies? Mainly for listening to music?
How nice of a set up do you want, do you care if its 720,1080?
Are you going to use HDMI cables, or just component?
Whats your budget?

Tell us a little more and Im sure I can post up some ideas for you...
Old 03-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #14
Renegade Pope

Dunces And Dragons Champion Sports Bar Champion
Renegade Pope may have a mustache.

Im watching a inmate's TV its a 7 inch what what im balling son.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #15
AaronIROCZ

AaronIROCZ may have a mustache.

Well for here it goes Living Room

TV Sony KD46Z4100 1479.00 At American TV
Reciever Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH 550.00
Sony PS3 60 gig, the best one when they first came out.
Sony VCR-DVD combo model unknown
Dish network DVR ViP 612
DCM CINEMA 2 surround speakers and Sub
Energy RC-50 front tower speakers

Here is a couple of pics, note that I didn't have the center speaker hung up yet for the pic but I hung it between the top 2 above the TV. Ohh and I did all of the work myself.

Last edited by AaronIROCZ; 12-22-2009 at 05:37 AM.
AaronIROCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #16
stonehenge

+1 for having GM toys all over the fucking living room
Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #17
Renegade Pope

Dunces And Dragons Champion Sports Bar Champion
Renegade Pope may have a mustache.

+1 for having flowers
Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
AaronIROCZ

AaronIROCZ may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Pope View Post
+1 for having flowers
I know I know, Gotta make the wifey happy.
AaronIROCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #19
Chance

Air Hockey Champion slingo Champion Stack Up Champion
Tournaments Won: 1

Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:
Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:

I can finally join this thread. I just got a 42" LG 1080p. I'm kind of new to the tv world so is there any way to get the picture to look like it was in best buy or is that only HD channels?
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
stonehenge

HD channels. Non-HD will look kinda blurry, kinda weird. Hook an antenna up to it and grab some HD channels from the air and see how they look.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #21
stonehenge

oh ya and your a whore
Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #22
Chance

Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:
Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:Chance has the highest rep title :kittahstare:

Yeah I have DTV but I have to get a new box for the HDchannels. It sucks that normal channels look shitty. :| Yeah, I'm a whore.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #23
Corey
TAC BAC

Sonar Challenge Champion Pingu Sports! Champion Speed Racer Champion Thivin Monkeys Champion Srike One Champion
Pepsi Sumo Twang Champion Garage Door Tennis Champion Tiny Combat Champion Zodiac Slots Champion The Bounce Champion
Corey may have a mustache.

I'm rocking a 32" RCA from like 2002, I need to upgrade
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #24
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Yeah I have DTV but I have to get a new box for the HDchannels. It sucks that normal channels look shitty. :| Yeah, I'm a whore.
srsly though, your tv most likely has a built in tuner so throw a cheap antenna on there and as long as you are near some signals, your probably get more channels than you thought and the quality amazed me when i saw it compared to OG antenna reception
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM   #25
Chance

Quote:
srsly though, your tv most likely has a built in tuner so throw a cheap antenna on there and as long as you are near some signals, your probably get more channels than you thought and the quality amazed me when i saw it compared to OG antenna reception

I'm not sure I follow what kind of antenna you're talking about lol.