Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #276
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

who shot it?
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #277
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Fistulated build sheet
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #278
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Fistulated build sheet

Hole is from the window crank. That last line at the hole says 4.1L V6 4BL * F
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #279
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOURKE View Post
who shot it?
tis ghetto buick

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #280
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

do fuckin need buix

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...itemid=1950563
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #281
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I just fapped SO hard
Old 11-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #282
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #283
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #284
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

http://providence.craigslist.org/pts/4132072977.html
Old 11-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #285
stonehenge

Expensive
Old 11-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #286
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Guy is dumb 350b will run off and leave a 350 chevy. Id jumpnon it rick mpg be about same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #287
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I think I'm gonna go for it. I have about a billion questions...let me know what you think.

How should I store it, probably long-term, outside? I'm thinking just build some kind of stand that bolts to the mounts and a partial enclosure to protect it above and from the sides with the bottom open just like if it was in a car.

Any predictions what I'll need to do to put it in? I know the mounts are the same. Wiring will be a piece of cake I'm sure. What about exhaust? Will its manifolds line right up with my exhaust pipe?

Cooling? Will it just hook up to my radiator and will its fan play nice with my shroud?

Will my A/C compressor bolt up?

Unleaded fuel ok with that engine as-is?

HEI equipped?

Any idea where I'll find a flywheel for it? It was most likely from an automatic car, after all.

What kind of horsepower and torque should I expect?

Does it weigh a whole lot more than my V6? I love the way my car handles now.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #288
stonehenge

if new engine weighs a lot more, put carbon fiber hood
Old 11-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #289
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Jesty but it'd actually work. My hood is pretty darn heavy.

It's beginning to look like the flywheel could be a sticking point. I'm having trouble finding one that's not hundreds of dollars.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

eBay says Luk LFW131 flywheel fits Buick 350. That one is $56. I can't find specifications on it.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #290
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Find junk diesel hood there alum. Everything should be direct swap in a v6 car. You may have to extend a wire thats about it. Put it on a tire, cover with tarp. Power would be around 180 hp if keep 2 bb but find 4bb intake and carb br in 225 range. Tq be over 300 easy. If you do mods to it ive seen over 500 hp 500 ft na engines. 71 up is 87 octane. 73 up is hei.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

You could use 4.1 flywheel

Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #291
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Man that'd be great.

I already have a Quadrajet, so I could just slap on a 4bbl Quadrajet manifold, maybe re-jet...the QJ is good for 750 or 800 CFM.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

When buying a used engine what do I look for? I have no idea what to check, what things should look like, etc.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

All :demtorks: gonna break my NWC T5.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Emailed, asking about miles and condition. Got email back from seller. "170k. ran fine was a daily driver until a couple weeks ago. carb needs rebuild. accelerator pump is shot and needs gaskets"

Not sure if want 170,000 miles. DNW to rebuild engine, especially if its parts aren't cheap and easily available. I like cheap and easy.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #292
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

well if it needs anything all it would need is reringed rod and main bearings. pretty cheap to do. i think i basic overhaul kit is 300 tops. basically you want to do a leak down test on the engine. you could part and scrap for 75 and make money though. your carb would work just need to retune it. you would have to find a 4 bb intake. i got one for 50 bucks of the buick board. or you can get a ta alum one. there usually about 250 new or you can luck up and get them used for about 100-150.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgrfT0LFMhc

that and spin it make sure it turns over free. if all that checks out would be ready to go.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

the 69 skylark papa had pulled 21 mpg all day long without od. had a 350 2bb.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #293
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/cto/4336151770.html

very nice 77 there rick

Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #294
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Nice!

Spring is coming and winter was really hard on :gb:. I gotta start planning and ordering parts.

Fuel tank needs replacing and I'd like to put in one that is from a newer, fuel injected model, in hope that eventually I will go with EFI. I know they will bolt in and physically fit correctly. Any thoughts on what will be needed to hook it up?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #295
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

just need a later car one. you should just get the tbi set up off a 88 up caprice and retune for the 3.8. or get sbb 350 and do that. i dont think it would be anything different other than maybe baffled. tbi runs a low pressure. lt1 ones would have internal pump and shit.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

now that a i think of it a tbi one would too. basically every tbi car i has just needs a ground and swithced source. has a relay too. seems like that and some rerouting of lines is all you would need. you would just wire the gauge to it also.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 03-27-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #296
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I was thinking SFI from a 3.8, which I assume needs high pressure. When I've looked at TBI before it wasn't quite right for me for this car, even though I don't hate TBI the way so many people do.

Anyway, the idea right now is to just get the tank if I can make it work with the carb for now.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #297
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

well you will need to block the carb fuel pump and just use the tank and tbi pump for the carb. need to run a regulator too. tbi from a junk chevy is easy cheap swap for these cars. one from a 4.3 would prob do your 3.8. to gain advantage on mpfi your going to have to have crank sensors and shit. major tuning too. i think the 3.8 turbos has basically the the tune port injection. thats a bank to bank system. the power gains from one to another are minimal and fuel mpg is prob slightly worse.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 03-27-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #298
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Damnit, too many different types of injection. The Buick 3.8 was offered with SFI for a few years, including the turbo 3.8 in the Grand National, that's the system I meant.

I guess TBI wouldn't be too bad though, since my engine doesn't like high RPM either way.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #299
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

most buicks dont. and the money to do all the gn stuff isnt cheap need a new intake and everything. plus unless you dont want a turbo your going to have to have a custom chip burnt. what does a 4.3 tbi cost? 100 bucks or so. have it tuned for a few hundred and port it out thats basically free. it will bolt right onto a 2 bb if you have a 2 bb too. idr whats on the 80s carbed 3.8s though.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

i was planning to run a mpfi on my nailhead but i either have to do a crank sensor set up or leave bank to bank. crank sensor would a genius to tune and the bank to bank doesnt give me anything more in power. plus will cost double to do. now i will do a aftermarket unit cause the stock gm units will not make the power that the nail makes. but you can get a tbi bbc in the 500s. the 3.8 without a turbo would be maxed at 300 hp i would think if you went through the motor and built it. stock one like yours with low comp is what 150 hp? prob gain a little and have better cold starts.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #300
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

My 4.1 is rated 125HP@4000RPM/205ft-lb@2000RPM. Power would be nice but I'm more interested in convenience, daily driving behavior, easy winter starting, stable idle RPM, maintenance, etc...I fucking hate carburetor bullshit. TBI would indeed solve all the ills.

I just remember that the last time I looked into it, Buick SFI from a NA 3.8 actually ended up looking easier than TBI. I no longer remember why.