Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #76
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #77
Manbearpig
:van:

Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

dat mirr0r

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

and dem gauges
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #78
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

That gauge is where the PRND21 display was for the slushbox. It's a vacuum gauge from Harbor Freight. I see now that they've discontinued it and replaced it with a boost/vacuum gauge...lame.

Anyway it was a perfect fit for that spot, although I haven't put in the effort to devise a mount to make it stable and well-aligned so it's usually a bit cockeyed.

Unfortunately the faux woodgrain was rubbed off by a larger rubber-backed vacuum gauge I had resting on top of the steering column before.

I also have one of these, had it for a year but haven't done anything with it yet:

It would take the place of my one huge fuel gauge. It's just the guts and face, no lens or can, so I want to get a gauge from a junkyard to hack instead of hacking my own...but they're surprisingly tough to find.

Want a tach and an oil pressure gauge. No idea where I can mount them. Would love this series, would love the entire set:

They're ridiculously expensive but they look great and the tach is available in 5000 and 7000 RPM versions as well as the more common 8000-10000 ones. Not sure how many RPM this engine is good for but I don't think I've ever hit 5000.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #79
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

dfw your waifus chebby
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #80
Manbearpig
:van:

Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Manbearpig says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post

YUP

painting my LT1 metallic blue
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #81
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

5500 rick. Im pulling all my gauges and going to put a new tach and speedo where the oem fuel and speedo are. Also going to change to a column shift indicator and throw a small gauge there. The rest will be in a pod either under or on top the dash. If i can fit it i may run those all in one gauges but im thinking there too big. But if they would fit i wouldnt need any gauge pods. I want a tach speedo fuel volt water oil and trans gauge.

i r on my phone nekkid

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
YUP

painting my LT1 metallic blue
My 350 will be buick red. Buicks didnt go blue till 75 when all gms went blue. It was only a pontiac or caddy deal prior to that. Makes sense for you however pontiacs are blue. Id do original pontiac blue though if it was me. Again id prob not have a lt1 in a pontiac though. I like them to be pontiac powered.

i r on my phone nekkid

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #82
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
5500 rick. Im pulling all my gauges
Are they separate standalone gauges like mine, not a cluster? I seriously need a fuel gauge housing/lens to put my fuel/temp/volt gauge in.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #83
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Well the multi gauges arent there one big gauge housing with 4 gauges in it. But there 5 in gauges. Prob to big.

i r on my phone nekkid

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh my oem yeah there seperate. Gotta deal for ya clock housing work?

i r on my phone nekkid

Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #84
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Well the multi gauges arent there one big gauge housing with 4 gauges in it. But there 5 in gauges. Prob to big.

i r on my phone nekkid

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Oh my oem yeah there seperate. Gotta deal for ya clock housing work?

i r on my phone nekkid
Old 11-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #85
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

the oem gauges are seperate like yours. only thing there black not silver. i wont be removing mine for some time though. prob be the last thing i do to it. however i was going to ebay my clock which is the same size as the gauges could you use something like that. also if you just need the housing cant you use one of your gauges and switch the guts.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #86
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

OIC. Clock would probably work. Does it have the can and lens like the fuel gauge?

I could use one of my existing gauges but I'd hate to hack into it...I'd rather hack a spare.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #87
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

yeah its exactly like the other gauges. i dont think it would be much hacking anyhow it just un bolts.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #88
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Mine don't, they bolt off of the car but then they have tabs that you have to bend just to get to the first step of taking them apart...haven't tried it, expecting them to be brittle, so I don't know what comes after that.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #89
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

idk either i think mine has bolts though

Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #90
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

rick just send me one of them fucked transducers for now. it will all be gutted later anyhow.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #91
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Rather send the cable, that'll work better for you and I'll have more material if I decide I need to frankenstein hack a transducer together.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

It's Turdsday night now, going to junkyard Saturday.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #92
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

oh ok i just didnt want you to go the trouble but im koo

Old 12-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #93
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

sorry about the blurryness but there it is. one of the plug tabs broke when i was trying to remove it but i dont see that affecting you modding it. can you use that?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #94
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

It's hard to tell from those photos. It's definitely not exactly the same as what's in my car. Looks like it'd probably work.

I don't have a photo of what I have, surprisingly, but here are photos of the new gauge guts/face that need a housing/lens:

Also, I gotta thank http://www.BuickFarm.net for hooking me up. They've got a crapload of NOS parts and Doug, after I explained why I wanted a non-matching part, sent me those photos so I could use them to guess if it would work or not. It wasn't long afterwards that I had the item in my possession.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #95
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Its the same size housing as my speedo. So it should do.

i r on my phone nekkid

Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #96
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

scored one of these to replace my clock panel for 15 bucks doesent have hole in it

Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #97
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Where'd you get that?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #98
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Ebay guy had it buy it now or best offer. Threw it out there.

i r on my phone nekkid

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

He took it. Theres another on there but dood wants way to mash.

i r on my phone nekkid

Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #99
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Hazzard, we have a problem. How do I package the rear window trim for mailing? It's like 6 feet long and would be damaged if bent. I wonder if an appropriate mailing tube exists...

...ok looked on office supply store sites, only tube long enough comes in a bulk pack for like $150. Maybe I could splice two tubes.

Maybe I could get something from a plumbing supply store that might have a box used for shipping small pipes, or an auto parts store from shipping non-coiled steel brake line.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #100
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

pvc pipe is what i use cao. just a cheap peice of that or black pipe either one.