Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #1351
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Rofl yes, techs be running around like sheekins w/o heads. We only had it on a few servers so I killed it. Didn't do anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #1352
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I get to fix it on all the computers in our office since all the techs are taking care of user computahs.

These are the instructions we are using:

Quote:
A) Disable On-Access Scanning

1) Right-click the Sophos shield and select 'Open Sophos Anti-Virus'.

2) Click Configure (in the top menu)

3) Select Anti-Virus -> On-Access Scanning

4) remove the check from 'Enable on-access scanning for this computer

5) click Apply

B) Remove Items from Quaratine

1) Under Anti-virus and HIPS select 'Manage quarantine items'

2) Select the items marked as Updater-B virus

3) Click 'Clear from list'

4) confirm and apply

C) Update Sophos

1) Right-click the Sophos shield and select 'Update Now'

2) Confirm the System update Appears.

D) Check for javab-jd.ide

1) Right-click the Sophos shield and select 'Open Sophos Anti-Virus'.

2) Click 'View Product Information' <-- left hand column
*note there could be a long delay depending on computer

3) Find 'Detection Identities' in the list and confirm you see javab-jd.ide

E) Re-Enable On Access Scanning
(reverse from Step A)

F) Reboot
Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #1353
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

If you can "Right-click the Sophos shield and select 'Open Sophos Anti-Virus'." then you don't need to do all that, just go to the Enterprise Console on the server, push updates, then clear alerts from there (which can be done en masse).

For the ones whose Sophos updater was broken by this bullshit, here's what I have to do:
1. Log on to affected computer (I'm using RDP)
2. Stop Sophos service
3. Delete quarantine.xml
4. Run ALMon.exe...NOW the Sophos shield is there.
5. Right-click shield, Update Now
6. Clear alerts and start Sophos
7. Hope
8. Reboot just for the hell of it

To make it easier I'm pasting most of it at a cmd prompt:
net stop SAVService
del /q /f "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\config\Quarantine.xml"
del /q /f "C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\config\Quarantine.xml"
"C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\ALMon.exe"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\AutoUpdate\ALMon.exe"

{right-click shield, Update Now}

net start SAVService
shutdown /r /t 1

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh, and for uncooperative ones I add exclusions to the settings too.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #1354
stonehenge

The stuffs above worked on all the computers in the tech office here so I guess I got lucky.

Also, we don't have access to the server/console, that is maintained by the main IT peeps for the University. They pushed out the fixed update right when it was available but plenty of people already had all their stuffs quarantined.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #1355
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

OIC. Should be main IT peeps' responsibility to fix from the server en masse those that can be fixed.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #1356
stonehenge

IDK what they've done on their end but I know that some computers were fine if you rebooted them, cleared the quarantine, and told sophos to update. Others needed the steps I posted above.

The only trouble I've heard that wasn't fixed by the above steps were some XP machines where Sophos completely hosed itself. Won't even uninstall or anything
Old 09-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #1357
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
The only trouble I've heard that wasn't fixed by the above steps were some XP machines where Sophos completely hosed itself. Won't even uninstall or anything
My instructions should fix it. If not, check this:
http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/...se/118311.aspx
Quote:
Reprotect the endpoint from the Enterprise Console. If this fails:
Copy the contents of the SAU folder from the distribution location established above to the local cache folder.
For example \\SERVERNAME\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\SAU\ to C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\sau (path may vary according to your operating system).
Attempt a reprotect of the client again.
If THAT fails, try this:
http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/...se/118315.aspx
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #1358
stonehenge

I think they already figured it out on their own (the few techs that had problems on XP boxes). If not, I'll pass your instructions on to them
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #1359
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I've got one bastard motherfucker of a computer that isn't breaking itself but is detecting the false positive repeatedly despite being up-to-date.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

...but it doesn't show on the computer, just in the fucking Enterprise Console.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #1360
stonehenge

fts

format dat bish, tell user that HD failed

Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #1361
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

FTS DNW, that's a lot of work.

Seems to be cooperating now.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #1362
stonehenge

Quote:
I just turned my (Mac) computer on, and it says that my wireless keyboard is low on batteries. How do I fix this? Thanks!

NEW BATTERIES
Old 09-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #1363
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1364
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Are you seeing any MadCodeHook detections along with the Shh/Updater-B?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #1365
stonehenge

I only looked at the computers here in the IT offices and all I saw were Updaters. Except for the Chinese guy who had a couple adware things from some chinese program he installed to talk to family.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #1366
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

cao how good are you at writing programs c++. planning a carputer wanting to do a small dot matrix readout on the dash for when i dont want to run a monitor. basically i will be using lcd smartie to run it but i need a few plugins wrote for it i may need someone with more experience than me to do it cause i know very little about writing programs.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #1367
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

No good at all. I aced the courses in community college ten years ago but forgot the little bit I knew back then.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #1368
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

fuck ive never had any formal training in the shit and cant remember any thing about it what little ive read about. guess ill find a book and read.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

anyhow my plan is to have something like the secret audio head units and all ill have is a few buttons and small lcd readout that i can hide or mount where ever so i dont have to hack up the dash on my old cars. but when i choose i can plug in a touch screen via usb and use like gps suction cup or what have you or remote desktop a tablet and use it thus giving me the same features of a high quality double din touchscreen. why oem manufacturers havent built something like this blows my mind. for some reason they think people still want disk drives. i havent put a cd or dvd in the slot of my truck in years.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 09-23-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #1369
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

That's a cool idea. It's not completely ignored by manufacturers but nobody takes it quite that far.

A few years ago I remember JC Whitney had some stereos that look old school but reveal modern functionality, they might have USB...probably no GPS or touchscreen though.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #1370
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

custom auto sound has no bluetooth neither does all the marine radios. also no gps. kenwood does make something but it cost like 3 times what its worth. plus with my idea when the monitor is not docked your going to have a control panel and screen about the size of a ipod nano. plus i could still use a remote or steering wheel controls.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #1371
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Check this out man..

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/?gclid=...FQsFnQodklcAGw

Crutchfield sells these IIRC
Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #1372
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

no bluetooth or gps thats the units me and cow mentioned. i know i can put it in the aux port but then it wont go to the phone when i get a call or gps wont talk over my music when im using it and lasty the remote wont control the bluetooth or gps apsect any.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 09-24-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #1373
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

so basically, you need to get a headunit that you like the features of, take the faceplate off and disassemble it, extend display wires to wheever you want mounted, and extend wires to buttons you want functionality of. And mount the IR eye for the remote.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I've seen a sony thats been done like that. Was 3 buttons in the dash of the car that looked oem. Display was mounted in rearview mirror, covered w mirror tint so you couldn't see when not in operation, but would shine through when on.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #1374
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

be hard to do with a navigation unit

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

plus that eliminates being able to not use the screen and still have radio

Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #1375
stonehenge

Nhb not so hb

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus