Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #401
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Get this thing figured out. Suspense kills me
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #402
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

You gotta yell at me at 4pm and 6pm Eastern time. That's the best chance of motivating me to work on shit after work. Yesterday was too hot, that was my excuse.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #403
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Lol just fuckin with you. Its been hot as shit here too

Quote:
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
Old 08-15-2014, 12:29 AM   #404
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Finally did stuff.

Took off oil filter, cranked priming tool with drill, after a couple seconds the oil filter hole lobbed some brown jizz.

Struggled to get distributor hold-down bolt threaded but kept losing it and shit. Eventually I realized I could get a better angle on it by removing the alternator. Then I was even able to get ratcheting box end on it. Put it all back together.

Also, while alternator was off I noticed a few vacuum hose loose ends. Two nipples on the ported vacuum switch were disconnected, one was grimy and one was clean, so one of the hoses that goes to it must have been disconnected a while...that one might be to blame for some symptoms I've been having. I'm gonna hafta figure out vacuum spaghetti if I end up keeping this engine.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Shit, forgot to reconnect the water temp switch.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:48 AM   #405
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Sounds like it's good you had some mssgs on v8. I told them you where checking this shit before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #406
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So if it has good compression, do I just put it all back together and start it?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #407
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

I would.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #408
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Compression varies by cylinder between 30 and 110psi.

fak
Old 08-21-2014, 02:28 AM   #409
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

That's quite a difference

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #410
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by web page about compression testing
If there is a very low first puff, and it gradually builds to an overall low pressure, that cylinder likely has bad rings or a worn cylinder wall. You can confirm this with a Wet Compression Test.
fak
Old 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #411
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

wet test = a lil oil in the plug hole?
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #412
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yup.

"very low first puff, and it gradually builds to an overall low pressure" describes exactly what I saw, so it seems likely.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #413
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Ring is gone or valves one.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Time for 350

Old 08-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #414
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Valves gone would be a piece of caek, just gnu heads.

Rings gone, fuck it, 350 time. I think I should call that dude in Maine.

So, how is engine replacement done? Unplug harnesses, disconnect hoses/fuel supply, remove fan shroud, support transmission, unbolt bellhousing, unbolt engine mounts, remove hood, lift engine out? Can't possibly be that simple, but that's all that comes to mind.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #415
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

It's pretty simple. And the 350 is 99% direct bolt in.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

You want to use the v6 ac bracket s and shit. Your 4bb carb will work on a 4bb intake. but if you just want it up and running I'd go for the 2bb now and just get a intake and rejet the 4bb later on. Your hei dist will work just put a v8 cap on it. A 68-70 motor btw is a high comp motor. Makes the most power but you may have to throw some additive in it at times. You could probably part and sell your old engine for half of the new ones investment.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #416
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I did already know that the distributor is the same, but I'm hoping to buy a complete engine and just deal with my A/C compressor/bracket anyway.

Do not want high compression. Fucking tired of struggling to find the right balance with timing. I like to get on it hard at low RPM and I want some fucking margin to work with. The 4.1 required high octane.

How about stock exhaust manifolds? Where do they go? The V6 has a crossover pipe that runs under the engine between the oil pan and the bellhousing then up to a junction box on the passenger side. Kinda want to be able to just bolt that shit on, but OTOH kinda want an excuse to see if my father in law's shop can do me up a whole dual exhaust system. I'll have to replace my slave cylinder/clutch fork with a concentric slave to make clearance, which I was kinda thinking of doing anyway.

Went to junkyard, found a '86 Regal with a 307 and two Caddies with HT4100. Just googled it, that 307 is an Olds engine, so it'd match my bell at least. Fucker didn't look too good though. One of the HT4100's looked decent; kinda want for nostalgia's sake (my first car had it) but OTOH it's not the most wonderful engine ever.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #417
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

307 just say no. It's not high enough compression to have timing issues. It will have gobs of power down low still. The v8 manifolds should bolt right in. If you don't get a hei dist with the new use your v6. Non hei means points fts.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Your thinking high comp like a dodge or chevy. It's not the same. You don't have solid lifters or adjustable valves all that shit. The 69 we had we never had to do anything to it other than put gas in it. Pulled 22 mpg all the time with no od. Engine made 250 hp and to was way up in the 300s.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Tq I mean was up in 300s. If you find a pre 71 jump on it.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #418
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I forgot about non-HEI. FTS DNW, definitely would put in my HEI distributor.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #419
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

well what are you gonna do rick i never did hear?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #420
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
well what are you gonna do rick i never did hear?
Apparently I'm going to procrastinate and drive my rotten piece of shit truck.

I think I ought to call that dude in Maine and probably say "oh shit you want THAT much for it" then ask my dad if he wants to go on a marathon road trip to Kentucky.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #421
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

well that or the one in ct that is missing a few things..........prob wouldnt ask more than few hundred id guess.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 AM   #422
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

The Turbo 3.8 in CT is gone.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #423
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

he had a 350 too rick a 73 model. said it was missing the pullies.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 08-27-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #424
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I missed that. I'll go look again.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #425
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

Did you ever figure out what actually happened to it? I know you said low compression but but unless I missed something it just over heated initially didn't it?

Quote: