Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
Fatso

Fatso probably haz a DROID device
Fatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID device
Default Saltwater shit

Figured I would share my build log of the aquarium from the beginning.

The brittle stars that I tried to save from the previous tank. A little difficult since I used zero of the LR from my 75....

And on their merry way after a drip acclimation.

CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Looks very nice. I bought fish once and they all died in 2 days
twitter hoar
bish
RM90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:02 AM   #3
VmaxEngage
melons :drool:

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

BAMF I always wanted a salt water tank
Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 AM   #4
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Dam heat that's sexy as fuck !! Love that coral. How hard is it to maintain the water? And those lil starzz are bamf

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
Fatso

Fatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID deviceFatso probably haz a DROID device

Quote:
Originally Posted by VmaxEngage View Post
BAMF I always wanted a salt water tank
Do one

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rogers View Post
Dam heat that's sexy as fuck !! Love that coral. How hard is it to maintain the water? And those lil starzz are bamf

Its easy once you get past the first couple of months. I cycled it for two months, thought it was ready, but it still isnt. Having a cycle of diatom bloom right now, so, I will be doing a water change this weekend.

But once my biopellets kick in, it will be easy mode. I had quite a bit more coral, but gave it away when I did the tank transfer. The corals I gave away were trouble makers, always stinging peaceful corals and shit.
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 AM   #6
Mr.Rogers

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Gawd daaayum dude that's hard core. I didn't know u had to cycle water for that long, its less for normal water tanks or same?

Old 10-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
Fatso

Quote:
Gawd daaayum dude that's hard core. I didn't know u had to cycle water for that long, its less for normal water tanks or same?

It took so long cause I used dry live rock. If I bought shit straight from the ocean, it wouldnt have been so bad. Problem is, the shit straight out of the ocean is expensive as fuck and comes loaded down with pest. Rarely do you get something nice in the shipment.

Freshwater, I never cycled. I said fuck it. I would de-chlorinate the water and then shove the fish in after acclimating to temperature. It so easy to do a water change in freshwater tanks.

When I do a saltwater change, I have to dig out my 35 gallon trash-can used strictly for mixing, fill it it ro/di water from my filtration system (which would take about 5 hours, since its a 75gpd system), throw in a pump, throw in the salt, and measure the salinity with a refractometer until it reads 1.025 sg.

Or you can buy it for a dollar a gallon. Salt mix is about 20 bucks for 50 gallons of mix.
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 AM   #8
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

bamf imo. Saltwater tanks are so sexy, the fishehs are all so colorful and beast looking
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #9
VmaxEngage

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Way too much work for me. Might have one when I get my own place.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:36 AM   #10
Fatso

no, you do it now
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:36 AM   #11
VmaxEngage

Paypal is ready.

Please send monies
Old 10-20-2011, 04:37 AM   #12
Fatso

you send me monies first
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:37 AM   #13
Mr.Rogers

That's pretty bad ass dude it seems like a really time consuming hobby but BAMF overall !

Juan true that I love the colors on them saltwater fish

Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 AM   #14
VmaxEngage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathd View Post
you send me monies first
a/s/l?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #15
Fatso

Some pictures I took a couple of nights ago. I cant get the white balance correct on my camera, so the colors of the corals arent as vivid.

This coral is non-photosynthetic, and require to be hand fed daily. They are eating mysis shrimp in this photo.

Maroon clowns yucking it up. I hope to breed these one day.

Surface is skewed because I took it from the top. Water pump was causing ripples.
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #16
VmaxEngage

hand fed?

I will have one of these one of these days
Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #17
Fatso

Yea, I have to thaw out the shrimp, and then grab each one with tweezers and try to get each polyp to take a shrimp
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:48 AM   #18
Mr.Rogers

U using special lighting ? Cuz they look like they glow in le darks

Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #19
Fatso

I have a 4 bulb t5ho fixture. One bulb is a 10k, another 14k, third is a fiji purple, and the last one is an actinic.

The actinics and fiji purple bulbs are on the blue side, like 420 to 450 nm, and they cause corals to fluoresce. Most corals posses this ability, but like i said, I cant capture it because my fucking camera has a shitty white balance setting.
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 AM   #20
Mr.Rogers

Dang dude all the shit sounds expensive I just recently upgraded my dragons cage and spent like 200 and most was on lighting, but ur shit sounds $$$$

Old 10-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #21
Fatso

Quote:
Dang dude all the shit sounds expensive I just recently upgraded my dragons cage and spent like 200 and most was on lighting, but ur shit sounds $$$$

Lighting for a reef tank can get retarded, real fast. Im looking at switching out to leds in the near future.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Pics of said dragon?
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #22
Mr.Rogers

My lil bearded dragon

Old 10-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #23
Fatso

I might convert my old 75 gallon into a reptile cage. What all is involved with them? I was thinking about some anoles, or a pacman frog.

75 is too big for a pacman, but they're so damn cool.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

He looks like he is ready to rape your anus or something.
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt
Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 AM   #24
VmaxEngage

lizard anus rape

My friend had one, built a huge cage for it when he got more. They were cool as fuck

Get vid of feeding skrimps to polyps
Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #25
Fatso

No way I can juggle a camera and feed them the shrimp.
CV fgt
popo fgt
Cez fgt
nekkidness fgt
apple hating fgt