Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #26
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

eh it works

i need a 200-4r to bolt to my 350 buick.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #27
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Both are visible here:
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

you should get someone to cut you some metal and roll the edges and shit so it looks all nice

Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Looking at it now, I think I should drill some drain holes.

Like I'll ever get around to doing that.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

so much DIY in that pic
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #31
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

id build one with a drain hole and shit be easy with metal brake

Old 08-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #32
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

My dad used to be a master at the brake. When he did vinyl siding all the time he'd wrap the window casings. He could bend all kinds of crazy crap on the first try. He's out of practice now.

Oh, and that nut/bolt that holds it on? I couldn't find one to fit the threaded hole so I just found one that fit through it loosely and used a nut. FIDIL.

Oh yeah, you can can see my slave bracket in that pic too. One of these days I should wirebrush and paint it.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I should also brace it, it flexes a bit when I operate the clutch and I'm sure it'll eventually fatigue. Or, you know, I could do what I originally planned: Pay a machinist to make a decent one out of 1/4" stock.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #33
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

you can buy them for bolting a 5 speed to sbb too

Old 08-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I was unable to find an appropriate slave bracket pre-fab. I don't think any were made for the BOP bellhousing, which was only ever used with a rod linkage.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #35
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i think they made one but it was special company idk what it was but it was so you could mate a t56 or t5 to 455 or 350 should work with the v6 variants also.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #36
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

That would make sense. Maybe I did find one but it was ridiculously expensive.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #37
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

seems like they are high dollar. only reason i knew this was in my searches for nailhead adapters which are stupid high dollar.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

i know very little about stick shifts since i dont fool with them ever

Old 08-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #38
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I just got a great idea. I got this OnStar/compass/temp mirror from the junkyard, for the compass and temp. I just realized I could hook other stuff up to the OnStar buttons/lights...especially my trunk release! When I put in the trunk release I used a toggle switch that I had on-hand and let's face it, using a toggle switch in a momentary application sucks. I've been looking for a safety-covered pushbutton (like the kind used to fire missiles) but I could use two of the OnStar buttons (if I only use one then I could accidentally pop the trunk while adjusting the mirror). Then I could use the freed-up toggle switch to operate the electrochromatic dimming of the mirror...
Old 08-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #39
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

my car has a trunk button dont yours?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

its a auto dimming mirror so it just need a key switch source to it and it will work like oem

Old 08-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Mine didn't come with a trunk release. I grabbed one at the junkyard but didn't take the button at that time, for some reason.

Pin 5 (gray) is "Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal" and pin 16 (pink) is "Automatic Day/Night Mirror Low Reference". Schematic shows them going through the Driver's Door Module. I thought it was all self-contained until I saw that while looking up which wire needs power.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #41
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

what im saying is though the wires that need power just run them key switched source so it will work without toggle switch

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

my truck release is just a button its in the glove box on mine. yours a pw pl car?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

however my truck release is not work need to figure that out

Old 08-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #42
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

If I do that then it will be dimmed whenever the key is on. If I'm going for that I'll just put tint on it...no need to get wires involved.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #43
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

the ones ive seen use the sensor on the bottom of the mirror to auto dim. i think the module in the drivers door your speaking off is like my moms blazer drivers side door dims along with the mirror

Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #44
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

OIC. That would make more sense than having the sensor go through a module elsewhere.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Well anyway I'd prefer manual control so I might hack something for it.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #45
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

id test it make sure

Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #46
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

removing the vinyl top on mine now metal under looks real nice

Old 08-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #47
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I bet mine would be nice like that too...in stark contrast to the rest of the car.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #48
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

mine matches nicely

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:56 PM ----------

only thing is i dont have the stainless i need for the back winder

Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #49
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

found 3 very small rust holes after i got it all removed

also fuck oldsmobiles fuel line set up

Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #50
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Why, what's the fuel line like?