Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Android Thread

List of decent Android themes:
(these require the Theme Engine that can be found in AOKP, Paranoid Android, CyanogenMod, etc)

Free:
AlloyUI Blue (Thread/APK)
Apollo (Thread/APK)
Apollo Green (Thread/APK)
Aventador (Thread/APK)
BeetsByKnok (Play Store)
BlackedOut (Thread) (Play Store) (so mash blek)
Blue Line (Play Store)
Boss (Thread/APK)
Cee-Throo (Thread/APK)
Flatron (Thread)
Frosty (Thread/APK)
Jade (Play Store)
LunarUi II (Thread/APK)(Play Store)
MIUI V4 Darkness (Thread APK)
Signature Blue (Thread) (Play Store)
Simplex (Thread)

Paid:
AlloyUI Light Blue
BreezeHD
Crimson
Dark Blue Mint
Flow
Lucid
Matted Blues
PopStyle Blue
PopStyle Red
Torrid Teal

More themes can be found on XDA or RW but some are mad fugly.

Original OP:

Quote:
Since me, Eddeh, and YayBo all have Droids and Cez just picked up a MyTouch I figured FIWDIL and create a thread. IDGAF what you want to talk about/ask. Apps, rooting, new phones, iphones suck, watevah.

Right now I'm debating on whether I want to root my phone and flash a new ROM onto it. If I do, I can use wifi tether (phone = wifi hotspot), badass sexy themes, overclock the cpu for powah, get newer versions of the gallery, browser, etc with pinch-zoom.

There is an app that makes it really easy for the Droid but its $5 and installs an old ROM. If I wait a couple days it is supposed to be free and use their newest ROM. So either I be impatient, pay $5, and reflash in a few days or wait and get the newest one right away...

stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I said FI and IDIL black theme be sexxxxeh

Need to work out some little issues and might reflash with a different ROM but I've installed a recovery thing so I shouldn't fuck anything up now

Cez, if you can't get used to the keyboard, try this:

http://rapid.org/board/showthread.php?t=280512 (might have to register to see it)
Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

omg you did it afterall? You haz to show me how to do it wey! I wanna see screen shawts too. Did you pay the $5?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

You reflashed????
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
stonehenge

I flashed . Too poh/sheep to pay $5 tho. The app just runs commands and shit that you can do using free stuff. Basically you put a file on your sdcard, restart while holding a key on the keyboard, and that flashes that file to your phone and roots it (gives you more powah). Then you put some other files on the sdcard and run some commands in a terminal window (like neo with the white rabbit wey). Then you put the ROM on your sdcard and restart holding the key again and flash it.

Took me a while because I did it very slow so I didn't fuck up a command or anything. Also, there are 2 ways of flashing a ROM. One is where you flash over your existing stuff and it keeps your apps, all the info for them, settings, etc. Or you can wipe and install a ROM. I was lazy and flashed over my existing shit which apparently makes some things not work right Well not that anything is buggy or malfunctioning but like one feature of this ROM is "removed camera shutter sound" but on mine its still there because I flashed over an existing install. So I think I might go through and backup my apps and whatnot and then wipe/flash again.

These are the "specs" for the ROM I installed (Bugless Beast 4.7):

Quote:
Added:
-2.1 Keyboard with Voice Input (credit to Berzerker)
-2.1 Maps App MultiTouch, Night Mode
-2.1 Gallery 3D, MultiTouch, Picasa Syncing (credit to ReverendYo)
-2.1 Music App
-2.1 News and Weather App V1.1.7 (credit to jinx10000)
-2.1 Ringtones & Notification Sounds (credit to Pete)
-2.1 Wallpapers (credit to Pete)
-2.0.1 Launcher with 5 Screens (credit to xeudoxus)
-Milestone Video Player (credit to Pete)
-Milestone MultiTouch Gallery (credit to t3hSteve)
-Milestone MultiTouch Browser RC4 (credit to t3hSteve)
-Milestone Photo Editor (credit to Pete)
-Minimum Brightness Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
-HQ Video Recording Tweak (credit to Fede)
-HQ YouTube Default Tweak (credit to xeudoxus)
-Longer Duration Between Wifi Scans Tweak *Battery Saver* (credit to Pete)
-Default Droid "hidden" wallpaper (credit to Pete)
-Droid notification sound as ringtone (credit to Pete)
-Version Information In Settings > About Phone
-G1 IM App Works On Wifi & Data (credit to Zappletoo)
-Completely Deodexed System (credit to Speeddymon)
-Overclocked Kernel (credit to tasmanian_droid)
-Clock CPU to 125MHz, 250MHz, 550MHz, 800MHz, 950MHz
-Wireless Tethering
-Disabled OTA Updates
-Flash Image
-Busybox

Removed:
-LatinIME apk & odex (aka 2.0.1 Keyboard)
-Visual Voicemail apk (download from the Market)
-Facebook (download from the Market)
-Amazon MP3
-HTMLViewer apk & odex
-Camera Shutter Sound (credit to Pete)
-Video Recording Sound
-30 Broken .jpg wallpapers that were left in Launcher.apk (reduction of .52mb)
Installed the CPU overclocking app as well. It will now run at 800mhz when I'm actively using it. Otherwise if it is in standy and working it will go at stock speed. If it isn't doing anything it can drop down to as low as 125mhz so I might see a little battery improvement, we'll see.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
stonehenge

Droid/MaiTash > that ST gai
Old 02-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Oh...I saw "Android Thread" and that's what I was thinking.

Or this:
Old 02-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #10
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Have you tried the wireless tethering?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Im scared to flash mine..
Old 02-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado View Post
Have you tried the wireless tethering?
No, this ROM didn't include it (but it is enabled, I just need to install it) so I haven't tried yet. I might soon though, my lil mac mini has wifi to try
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
Im scared to flash mine..
So was I. But the first thing you do after rooting is install a recovery image in the recovery partition and then make a backup of your current ROM. So its actually pretty hard to screw up after you've finished that.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

how much space on the phone does this eat up?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
how much space on the phone does this eat up?
Dunno, I didn't check before/after :/
Old 02-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

DOUCHE!

Do it now!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
stonehenge

rofl how am i supposed to check before? I can tell you how much free memory I have but I have a LOT of apps installed so its not a very good indication
Old 02-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Ohhhhy yeah.

You need to keep better records.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #18
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

I can shek when I do mine
Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #19
stonehenge

I'm going to wipe/erase eventually (probably today sometime) so after that I'll let you know how much memory it takes. But there are several different ROMs you can flash. There is Bugless Beauty, Bugless Beast, Sholes.info, and others. Right now I am using Bugless Beast but I think when I redo it, I'm going to try Sholes.info, that one looks promising and has Wifi Tether built in.

Current Setup:

I'm LOVING the black taskbar/drawer/etc. And the overclocking seems to make everything just enough faster that things slide smoother and open a bit quicker. Not a huge ZOMG difference, but I can feel it. Maybe just my mind tho.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I keep reading good things about Dolphin browser. I'm thinking of trying it out
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
stonehenge

I didn't like it but some people love it. This rom includes pinch zoom on the browser. It works pretty damn good
Old 02-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #22
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I tried it. Was not impressed.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #23
stonehenge

people just jizz over it because of pinch-zoom but as a browser I like the stock one much better

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Mozilla has been working on a browser for a long time. It is called Fennec and it being written for a few platforms. Might be pretty damn nice whenever that comes out because FF = win.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

FF does = win...I just want pinche zoom like with preh...pero on OEM browser
Old 02-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #25
stonehenge

That's what comes with almost all ROMs. They took it from the european Droid (Milestone) which has PZ in browser, maps, and gallery.