Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #4801
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Re: Android Thread

Well we upgraded fairly recently so my wife would be at almost 3yrs and id be at about a year and a half DNW
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #4802
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

If I can do it and still upgrade in August then I will just say fuck it and sign the extra year. Im only 3 months into my 1 year so not too bad. If I have to sign another year on top of my 1 year making it 2 years then FTS.
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #4803
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I'm sure it is one year added to the end of your current contract

about to install blurry 1.0
Old 11-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #4804
MikeH
waffler

Blurry hasnt given me any problems at all. It's pretty solid. I'm running GalaX on top of it now tho. There's an Epic skin for Better KB which is the GalaX KB that matches perfect
Old 11-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #4805
stonehenge

Im using SmartKB and it has a built in Galaxy skin nao

Flashed the rom last night and so far so good. The auto brightness seems to be a little screwy sometimes but not a big deal. Otherwise it is running great.

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

when flashing GalaX, I chose "grey/transparent framework" dunno wtf it is, booting nao
Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #4806
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Its whatever kernel you are using.
So I just load another kernel?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #4807
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

let me know if this will work. i want to try to use the stock messaging app from the x on my ally. where are the messages stored? i have an app to save em i just wanna know if the x app will work on my phone.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #4808
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Im using SmartKB and it has a built in Galaxy skin nao

Flashed the rom last night and so far so good. The auto brightness seems to be a little screwy sometimes but not a big deal. Otherwise it is running great.

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

when flashing GalaX, I chose "grey/transparent framework" dunno wtf it is, booting nao
The gray version is too light, looks fgtry. Put the normal one back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
go look in the cyanogenmod.com forums D1 section, tree should e a couple kernel threads there with the latest versions. I think I used P3Droids or some jdlgf (sp?) dudes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrado14 View Post
let me know if this will work. i want to try to use the stock messaging app from the x on my ally. where are the messages stored? i have an app to save em i just wanna know if the x app will work on my phone.
Im not sure where the messages are stored but it isn't in the app because if you install handcdnt, chomp, etc they all see re messages. The X txt app may have blur requirements but it won't hurt to try imo. I'll try to upload the apk later if I get a chance.

Multi-quotes on TT be interesting.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #4809
.GARY.

.GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
.GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Id imagine some nice phones will be out around the first of the year.

I just saw Verizon was doing a deal with 450 minutes, unlimited text/web for 70 bucks but it requires a 1 year contract renewal. Not sure if I should do it. It would save be 30 bucks a month but my contract would end up being 1 year and 3 months.
I need 2 lines for both the wife and I. We currently pay like $130 for us w/ our BB's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Might be a nice htc beast or something out. At this time I'd say get an X or mayyybe a Fascinate.
You fascinate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
Yes, then turn the heat up until it pops. I keed I keed.

I really dont know shit about these phones currently and all these mods you guys are doing, it makes me nervous thinking of screwing up the OS on it and not being able to use it. I may once I get more comfortable with whichever phone I get delve into that stuff but it will be awhile.
.GARY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #4810
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

Thanks Juan. I was using chomp and liked it alot but the newest update has fullscreen popup ads when you try to exit the app. Not cool i even installed an ad blocker and they didnt go away. FTL And the stock app on my ally isnt playing any notification sounds.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #4811
stonehenge

Most peeps are like that. It starts with a home replacement, then you'll "just root" and then a while later you'll be overclocked, themed, and running a rom.

Once you get a custom recovery in place and make a good backup it is fairly hard to screw up your phone beyond repair. Even if you Fuck up the recovery, there is an SBF file that puts it 100% back to stock.

It still takes a little tine to work up the courage to dive in but it didn't take me long lol. Shit, Mike probably rooted his N1 the first day
Old 11-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #4812
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I was the same way but thnx to juanch Lol I got my phone running like speedy gonzales

Pirata Tapahabla
Old 11-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #4813
stonehenge

I've bern using Handcent for texting, I like it better than chomp and there's only a small ad in the settings menu.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #4814
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i might try it too. i did awhile back but liked chomp better at the time.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #4815
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

My LED been acting up weird like it won't flash when I get a txt anymore *or just want the X*

Pirata Tapahabla
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #4816
stonehenge

suuuureee, tell your wife that "Babe, my LED no works sometimes, what if you text me an emergencies and it doesn't flash I NEED X BABE"
Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #4817
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

handcent isnt playing my notification sounds either wtf
Old 11-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #4818
stonehenge

and when you go to Settings and select a sound does it play there?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #4819
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

K is trying new kernel now
Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #4820
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

got it working. the notification in settings was on silent. i thought that handcent or the stock messaging would over ride that. weird
Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #4821
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

LOL!!!

New Kernel made phone think the battery was dead.

WTF man

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

And..new kernel did not fix the Wireless...

Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #4822
MikeH
waffler

You gotta use a CM specific kernel and they probably have to be specific to 6.1 too. Was the kernel CM came with giving you problems?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #4823
stonehenge

make a backup then load an old backup where the wireless worked. If wireless still doesn't work, wifi hardware be dead if it works then it's a rom/kernel/etc issue.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #4824
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Yah, lemme try dat.

It worked until I flashed that kernel the other day.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #4825
MikeH
waffler

Yeah don't flash any kernels unless they say it works on 6.1