Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #151
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Deleting now. Apparently the student dropped out.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #152
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

loser

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #153
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Email that SOB and tell him that the system only allows so many GB (make shit up) so he must get the images off of the server before such and such a date or they'll have to be deleted.

Tell that lil shit to buy an external if he plans on storing that much crap.

Oh ya and are they personal photos or school related? If personal GTFO

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Oh even better
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #154
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Yeah, I think it was all personal.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #155
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I hope to some day haz the power to be like:
Quote:
Hey asshole, your pics were taking up too much room, I deleted that shit. Needed them? Too bad. Want them back? They're gone. Don't like it? GTFO

-IT Brah
Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #156
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

TBH, I actually moved them somewhere else just in case he ever comes looking for them...
Old 11-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #157
stonehenge

We do that kinda stuff all the time unfortunately

A few months ago I got a request from a department head to delete a bunch of accounts "here is the list, i want them all deleted" so I said "ok, you have looked them over and its DEFINITELY okay to get rid of them?" and of course "yes, get rid of them"

so I disable them instead of deleting them and the next day all hell breaks loose

"ZOMG I CAN'T LOG IN, WHY WAS MY ACCOUNT DELETED!?"

"ehhh your department head told me to"

after I told that to a few people she comes to me

"Why did you delete those peoples accounts?"
"They were on the list that you 'verified' and gave me..."
"Well I don't know how they got on there, can you bring them back!?!?"

Old 11-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #158
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

We have a professor who wants to run Linux on his company-supplied desktop PC on our network. I'm a big Linux fan, but for a number of reasons we can't allow that. He once messed up his partition table trying to install Linux on it and we've been watching him ever since.

We have an intern who belongs to that professor's department. The guy just assigned our intern to write a paper about how to join a Linux box to our Windows domain.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #159
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 AM   #160
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

so u guys might remember I asked about wiring my house and what I would need. I took a pic of what Ive got and maybe you guys can tell me what I need?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #161
stonehenge

Not sure but I'd imagine your internet connection (from the modem or wifi router) should go into the "Ethernet Hub Jack" in the first 2 pics. The other box with a shitload of cables probably just splits the connections between the rooms.

But I srsly have 0 experience with pre-installed home networks
Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #162
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

A user just came in with a laptop saying his dog spilled water on it.

Now I'm opening up a laptop with wet dog hair all inside it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #163
stonehenge

fuck that
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #164
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Instant $100 extra
Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #165
stonehenge

I love that we have a "no personal machines" policy here but some do have work laptops they can be pretty nasty sometimes. When I see some of their machines I am dumbfounded, I could NEVER treat my computer like some of them do lol
Old 12-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #166
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I dropped mine from about 5 ft the other day. My dad was like "OHNO!!!!"

I picked it up and kept using it. lol. Its pretty tough
Old 12-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #167
stonehenge

Oh yeah drops and even spills will sometimes just happen. I'm talking about getting someones laptop and it is crusted with dirt where the hand rests (not worn off, thats normal, but actual crustyness) and there are crumbs all in the keys and fingerprints ALL over the screen and some sort of unknown fluid (jiz?) on the outside of it.

I mean damn, just wipe your shit off from time to time
Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #168
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Oh yeah drops and even spills will sometimes just happen. I'm talking about getting someones laptop and it is crusted with dirt where the hand rests (not worn off, thats normal, but actual crustyness) and there are crumbs all in the keys and fingerprints ALL over the screen and some sort of unknown fluid (jiz?) on the outside of it.

I mean damn, just wipe your shit off from time to time

My dad's steering wheel gets the dirt thing too. It gets really thick and nasty. After a couple hundred thousand miles he put a cover on it because it wouldn't clean off.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #169
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ok, question....What the motherfucking fuck is the deal with tape backups? Why do they continue to exist?

A 200GB AIT-4 tape, just the media not the drive, costs $50. I can get hard drives that are just as reliable for long-term storage, faster, and offer random acess, for less. I could have twice as many backups for the same price.

Why do tapes continue to exist? Why did I allow the consultant to sell us a robotic tape library drive that cost god know how much and a pile of tapes costing twice as much as an equivalent quantity of hard drive?

And then, on top of that, tapes are a pain in the ass. Gotta clean the drive. The backup program doesn't want to overwrite this tape, or doesn't think that tape is ready, or it thinks the other tape is full.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #170
stonehenge

I hate tapes. Not sure why we still use them either. They are annoying, bulky, slow, stupid, ugly, caca headed, expensive, and stupid. We have 2 working libraries right now, one that died, and a couple really old ones sitting on the floor. I wish we'd get rid of them all.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #171
Corey
TAC BAC

Sonar Challenge Champion Pingu Sports! Champion Speed Racer Champion Thivin Monkeys Champion Srike One Champion
Pepsi Sumo Twang Champion Garage Door Tennis Champion Tiny Combat Champion Zodiac Slots Champion The Bounce Champion
Corey may have a mustache.

I hate tape backups. We just about have all our customers moved to either external hard drive backup or backup servers. It has cut down on how much time we spend troubleshooting or fixing backups. Using tape backup now days is like still using floppy drives.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #172
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
We have a 40GB drive for student home folders on our network. One student has used 35GB for dumping his camera's pictures and videos. I guess we should have put in quotas.
n00dz?

I feel like I'm becoming the IT guy for this side of the facility. May have jesty stories in the near future.

SarkOzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #173
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Using tape backup now days is like still using floppy drives.
That's what I thought, but I trusted the consulting company...they've been great, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarkOzy View Post
n00dz?
I think it was a dude. Not sure, our usernames don't include the whole first name...
Old 12-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #174
stonehenge

Yeah they are old as shit but still widely used. We were talking to this guy about a research project and a grant he wanted to get that included technology fundz. He wanted like 200TB of space () for lots of shit. We eventually talked him into something smaller but the point is, my boss planned to get him two servers that are essentially clones of each other and then a tape library to backup the whole thing. fuck that
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #175
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Let me just reiterate: Fuck tapes.

200TB? Fuck, that'd be about $20,000 of disks for each server and $200,000 of tapes/tape drives.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Fuck tapes.
...and fuck Symantec BackupExec. It's almost as bad as Symantec antivirus.