Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #376
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

There is one Joomla site that I am supposed to bring from an old department, into ours. So move it to our servers. We don't have any Joomla shit and I am trying to talk them out of using it

I've played with Drupal a little and it sucked. Not sure if it was Drupal that sucked or the way they setup the site.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #377
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I don't do web admin. My boss loves Joomla.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #378
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

I fucking hate this Joomla shit. Jesus, I'd rather just do it straight HTML/CSS/PHP or whatever.

But because other employees have to be able to upload documents and shit we have to use it.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Maybe I'll warm up to it eventually.....I am kind of doubting that though.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #379
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I don't do any web design type stuff, I'll setup space for it and domains and shit but I'm not designing anything lol
Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #380
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I am terrible at web design. Anything I try to design looks like complete and utter shit.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #381
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

We do nearly everything here, haha, that is the bad part.

I'm decent at web design, and I'm the youngest, so that is why they are trying to pass this to me I guess.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #382
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I have an Oracle client that I'd like to run as a regular user. I have to run it as administrator. Any ideas how I can figure out what it's trying to do so I can grant users access just for that?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #383
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude
The email account requirements are as follows:

We need a name or IP address of the SMTP mail server
An account on that server (username and password)
What port the server users (usually port 25)
Whether the server uses AUTHENTICATION
IP of SMTP mail server: ...
Account: N/A
Port: 25
Server does not use AUTHENTICATION
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #384
stonehenge

Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #385
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Why is "authentication" capitalized? I don't know, but I capitalized it in my reply.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #386
stonehenge

our email here uses AUTHENTICATION
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #387
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Are you sure it uses AUTHENTICATION instead of authentication?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #388
stonehenge

oh it definitely uses AUTHENTICATION. We aren't no authentication using pussys.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #389
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Well guys, I got fucking screwed over at work by my supervisor and co-worker. I've worked here a year as an intern and have been promised a job after I graduate the entire time, well it is a week away from graduation and I met with my supervisor on Tuesday. First thing he says is, "Cody, we won't be needing you here anymore". This has been planned step by step by that conniving bastard, first oust my friend and then me. I was so pissed I couldn't hardly think straight, because first of all this guy is a douche to begin with, I'm talking fuhrer power tripping douche canoe. Whenever I tried to suggest anything this whole time I've been here, I've been shot down because evidently I'm too young and don't know anything at all. He already caused my friend and other co-worker to quit and leave for another job, because he treated him worse than me believe it or not, like complete dog shit. He would just come down and start screaming at him for no reason, no reason at all. Dude is a psycho. Well guess what, he hired a douche just like himself in my friends place. I actually even tried to be nice to this guy and TAUGHT HIM a shit ton about this place, our network, and everything else around here to do with the IT staff. Well I guess my supervisor was just waiting until I taught the new guy what I knew, so he could go right around and kick me to the curb, stupid fagot. He told me he went to this new guy who is supposedly "my friend" and co-worker (rolls eyes and pukes), well this fucker turns around and stabs me in the back and castrates me at the same time, tells my supervisor "no, I don't need his help, I can handle this all myself". Fuck him, I hope he has a good time doing everything here after I'm gone. He can DIAGDMFF! In the end, I think this is for the best, at least I may end up somewhere where I am appreciated and am not working for a douche fucktard. I'll probably be making more money too, because this place pays like shit for the work we do.

Which brings me to this question:

Are there any special job search sites specifically for IT related jobs that you guys know about?

Also, what certifications should I try to get first if I get any while I have the free time?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #390
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

blast the servers with piss

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #391
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

dice.com is IT-only, IIRC. It's a major job search site.

I never had any luck with it or Monster.com or anything like that. My last couple jobs:
- Internship that I got through family connections
- My current job, which I got when one of the seeds I had previously sown sprouted. I had met with Robert Half Technology a few times, and then someone from there called me with an opening that sounded too good to be true...it was a perfect fit for my odd collection of skills.

I'm also going to give you the piece of advice that I give to everybody who is ever looking for a job: Read "Ask The Headhunter: Reinventing the Interview To Win the Job" by Nick Corcodilos. It's the most important book about job-searching ever . It's a little repetitive but extremely insightful. It's also a little out there; I wasn't able to practice all of what the book says, but it still made all the difference for me.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #392
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

What do you think about an online certification website like this?

http://www.e-learningcenter.com

Quote:
Will I receive a certificate of completion for taking these courses?

Certificates of completion are not available for our free courses. Certificates of completion are only available for successfully completing courses from one of our paid subscriptions.

Our free courses are set up on a "shared" access with many people accessing the same courses at the same time. This shared access prevents us from being able to offer a certificate of completion for people taking the free courses.

We set the free courses up on shared access to allow a greater number of people to take one of our free courses. Our paid subscriptions are set up on individual access and every course completed leads to a certificate of completion.

For the courses in our paid subscriptions, yes, you can download and print out a certificate of completion for each course completed. The certificate is professionally designed, you can use high quaility paper, and it is personalized with your name, the title of the course, the date the course was completed, and signed by the president of our training provider.

Do I get any kind of credit for taking these courses?

You can receive CEU's - Continuing Education Units - for every course you complete through e-LearningCenter's library. All our courses now offer you the opportunity to earn Continuing Education Units from accredited universities for successfully completing any of e-LearningCenter's courses.

CEUs are currently awarded by Otterbein College in Ohio. You can also receive a Certificate of Completion for every course you complete to show your employer (or future employer) the steps you are taking to improve your skills.

CEU's are not available for the free courses.
I would rather do it online, because honestly, the places around here are few and far between and suck from what I've heard.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #393
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

back in HS in my computers class my teacher used teh cisco program stuff. at the end we had a lil certificate that said i was a BAMF IT guy. dont know how much those matter since it was pretty low level stuff

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #394
stonehenge

Fuck that, what a cawk-swallower.

I have been lucky when it comes to jobs. First job I got at a video store I went to all the time, had to fill out application purely for paperwork reasons, got the job without question. Second was at a machine shop, got it through my wifes step-father. Didn't have to interview or compete for the position. Then I did security which is always hiring. Then I got my first IT position (FINALLY) as a part-time student position via an old family friend. After that I came here which is a different department in the same place as that student position so I was given priority over new hires. Plus I had my previous boss that vouched for me.

I wish I knew a good IT-only search site, I'd look at it from time to time
Old 04-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #395
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

cody should move to AZ so wan can take all his ps3 games

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #396
stonehenge

J: "i'll help you move all your shit into your new place brah"
C: "coo brah"
[later]
C: "you seen mah games? cant find them"
J: "nope, dunno where is"

J:
Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #397
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

Cez: package from wan? what it be? :opensbawx:

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #398
stonehenge

only if he haz some anime games
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #399
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #400
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
I wish I knew a good IT-only search site, I'd look at it from time to time
dice.com wey!

Also, linkedin.com - it's not an IT-only site, but it is good to have. It's chock full of IT and business folks. It's like a MySpace/Facebook but for professionals looking to socially network with other professionals, mainly for finding jobs.

As for certifications, don't spend a lot of money and don't depend on them helping. They may help in some places but my CCNA never made even the tiniest difference in getting me an interview or a job. The only certifications you should bother with are CompTia and Microsoft.