Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #301
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

iirc to get one with sfi you had to get turbo one at least you did in the regals. otherwise they had that shitty computer controlled carb like a 307.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #302
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...17-future-cars
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #303
TATERNATER
potato tornado

TATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUU
TATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUUTATERNATER can't stop reading wikipedia... FFUUUU

anyone watch this?

http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_muscl...ll_wvideo.html

love this show... hate what they did to the trok. im just saying, 37s on the trimm til fit.

Last edited by TATERNATER; 05-18-2014 at 10:43 AM.
TATERNATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #304
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

liking the new gnx

Old 05-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #305
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

NHB (and anyone else), I haz a quextion for you. Not Buick, but not brand-specific anyway.

I'm getting a rusted out heap that was a 1967 Impala.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1140477...Y?noredirect=1
It will probably be in my yard next week. It's been sitting in a junkyard with no windows for probably decades. I have no garage, of course. I really can't drop the coin on one of those tarp garages.

I need to cover it so it's not an eyesore for the neighbors. My first thought is to wrap it in a tarp or use a car cover, but I'm worried that that will trap moisture, causing turbo-rust-mode. Any thoughts?
Old 05-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #306
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

had a tarp on buick for many years hasnt increase and rust issues.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

car looks solid rick from what i can tell and most of the glass is in it. should have jumped on the t bird 2 cars down. that yard has alot of cool cars.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #307
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Trunk pan is completely rotted away. I couldn't get a good look at the frame (except through the trunk hole) so I don't know how it looks underneath but as I recall it was solid enough. It's been a while since I looked at it. You're right about the glass. Looking at the photos it's all there except the right front and left rear, and those may just be rolled down.

Wife wanted it and it meets all my most important requirements/preferences so it was a no-brainer. I'm not huge into T-birds and fleet compatibility is important - there's various crap compatible with .
Old 05-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #308
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

less than you think actually is compatible with the 77 up b bodies. they actually share more with the a bodies from 64-77. is chevy though so can buy any panel you want for it. tbird is sharp still looks like alot of good cars the monaco looked nice beside it too for a mopar.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

i was talking about the 62? t bird off to the left not the 70s behind it. i also spy a lincoln around a 72.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #309
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

62 T-bird? Gag me with a spoon.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #310
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

1960 my bad be like this.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #311
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I don't like many cars before the late 1960s, and the Thunderbird is no exception.

That car looks like this:
Old 05-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #312
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Pops has a 59 Fairlane Galaxie 500. Looks like this one except needs s little work:

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #313
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i like them old cars like that too.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #314
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #315
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

speaking of starting fluid cousins dad would get like cases of the shit free when he worked for this mining company. we made some many fires.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #316
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shop i did.....not the best but gives me something to go by besides whats in my head.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #317
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Sometimes when I shut off it has a run-on condition. Ok. Well when it does that, it was doing some violent shaking and clunking. Meh.

Then it started clunking when I made right turns. I was afraid it was my front end and the wheel was gonna break off. Then it started doing it going straight, and the clunk became more insistent and fast and seemed to correlate with different states of acceleration. I was really worried that the shit was gonna hit the fan.

I parked it for two or three weeks and procrastinated. Wife has been home sick so I drove her car, or my piece of shit truck. The other day, the truck blew a brake line. I can't find my coil of brake line, though I suspect it's the wrong diameter for this particular line anyway.

So it was either fix the truck or . I finally looked at . The driveshaft front U-joint was interfering with the safety bracket because of a failed drivers side motor mount. Replaced mount (had in stock from a past Rockauto order, it was like $2 closeout), car's a million times better.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:43 AM   #318
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

so fresh and so clean

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #319
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

2 dollars.............so much better than new cars. trucks are 1/4 inch line bit have a bigger 5/16 fitting on the 1/4. so you have to use the old fittings from the truck or get adapters.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #320
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Last time I worked with 1/4 inch line I was trying to make a corner that nobody in any parts store could make, everybody kept kinking it. I'm mentally scarred from it.

fak
Old 07-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #321
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i did dads. i didnt bend it exactly like the factory but it works. i just bent it with my hands.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #322
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

You can now get AC Delco pre-bent kits for $50. I'm gonna just do that.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #323
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i had to do all off dads truck. was 200 bucks for all that. think it cost me 10 bucks to fix it.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:29 AM   #324
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Well, I done screwed myself. I fear that I destroyed my engine.

I've been procrastinating (surprise surprise!) about a coolant leak. Once it got so low that the "Temp" light came on. I filled it and it was fine, but that was late spring. Now it's summer and I'm using the air conditioning. The "Temp" light came on again, and it wasn't a good time to park, wait for it to cool and add coolant/water...and I was almost home anyway. I nursed it gently, trying to keep the "Temp" light off, but I was in hill country. Shortly after the "Temp" light, the "Engine" light came on briefly then went away. That one is only hooked up to an oil pressure switch that trips below something like 4psi. Shortly after that I started hearing a clear rattling sound. A few miles later it stalled. It didn't seem to seize, no sudden engine braking, but it could have seized after I shifted to neutral. I have not tried to restart it. A tow truck dragged it home for me.

So, overheating, momentary oil pressure below 4psi, rattling, stall. Is this thing trashed? Should I bother trying to start it? Could it just be heads?

I'm hoping it's heads...I found a CL listing nearby for $100 with a 3.8 that ran before it was stored for 15 years and an extra set of heads. My 4.1 is the 3.8 with wider bore, reinforced crankshaft, and 4 barrel carb, the rest of the engine is 100% identical including the heads, so I could either drop in the 3.8 or replace the heads. If I put in the 3.8 I'll lose 20hp and 20ft-lb.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:10 AM   #325
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

sounds like the oil pressure bottomed out. on a buick that is one thing that kills them quick. drain the oil see if its full of metal. if not refill turn over by hand see if it spins. if it is trashed sbb 350 would be best swap. is a direct bolt in just have to lengthen two wires.