Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #1976
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Yup, if you're in IT for long enough you'll get the opportunity to take that picture at least once.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #1977
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

He's just trying to save electricity by creating a self-sustaining power loop.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #1978
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

So I originally used FF, then it went to shit and I moved to Chrome, then Chrome started acting like a bitch and I went back to FF.

Now FF is constantly sucking up all my memory (on my quad core 8gb windows box and my mac mini at work). I have to restart the browser at least once a day or deal with laggy shit.

So now I'm back on Chrome until it does something gay again. I wish I could get used to Opera because it was pretty stable when I was using it.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #1979
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

That memory shit is standard behavior for FF.

Honestly, every browser sucks now. Used to be FF and Opera were great, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Then Chrome came around and was great for different stuff. Then they all went to shit.

I'm staying with Opera 12.14 for now.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #1980
stonehenge

So far they seem to be alternating for me. I left Chrome last time because pages would randomly refuse to render no matter what I did. I tried older versions of the browser, dev versions, disabling plugins, allthesettings, etc and nothing worked. FF was great at that point. Now FF is back to fapping all my memory away and Chrome loads everything like it should.

Damn things.

brb Netscape Navigator
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #1981
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

you guys should use internet explorer it comes preinstalled for a reason its the best!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #1982
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Actually, recent versions of IE don't suck any worse than any other modern browsers. IE11 has a few problems but those will work out soon enough.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #1983
stonehenge

fts ie
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #1984
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #1985
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

Seems legit. I'm gonna get me some windows 21

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #1986
stonehenge

I installed Server 4016 R4 yesterday

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #1987
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 03-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #1988
stonehenge

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #1989
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

https://plus.google.com/110790694134...ts/caYepgPGFki

fak
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #1990
stonehenge

IT peeps will never go away completely IMO.

Something like Chromebooks with allthethings stored in the cloud will reduce the need but there will still be people that don't know how to setup/fix/upgrade/etc hardware and software.

Plus, lots of people/businesses would rather have all their websites/data/etc in-house.

On that note, brb finding new jerb.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #1991
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

School regrets me leaving lulz

VZW GalaxyS4
Old 04-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #1992
stonehenge

FIDIL Fedora w/ LXDE on the Compaq Craptop
Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #1993
stonehenge

Quote:
Some background:

1) I work for the mayor's office. I am responsible for maintenance and support of all machines in my town.
2) Have three employees: FatGamer, DumbCrazy and CrossEyed. The last 2 are interns.
3) THIS HAPPENED 15 MINUTES AGO.

Most of the time we just have to reinstall some networked printer who went offline for whatever reasons, or check why there's no internet connection (usually somebody just turned off the modem 'to save power'), but sometimes whe get older machines (all desktops) with users complaining that they are slow.

Normally we just cleanup the dust, do a virus/malware scan and/or format and reinstall, since we don't use any special software, just office/winrar. Not so often we have some spare parts like a better memory, or a faster HD, and upgrade the machine the best we can.

So this machine came to us. CrossEyed pick the ticket and proceed as usual.

Suddenly...

CrossEyed: - Boss, I think this machine came toasted.

Me: - No, the client said it was ok, just running slow. I know them, they're reliable. Check again.

CE: - Boss, the machine isn't powering on.

Me: - Did you checked if the power cable was plugged in? Because you did this once...

CE: - Yeah Boss, I checked.

Me: - Did you checked if it is 110v or 220v? On their site they have both.

CE: - Yeah.

Me: - Strange. Let me see.

I go check this poor baby, and the first I smell is that sad scent of a deep fried motherboard.

Me: - CrossEyed, come here.

CE: - 'sup?

Me: - Tell me exactly what you did.

CE: - I cleaned it up...

Me: - ...and...

CE: - ...upgraded the RAM from 512MB to 2GB...

Me: - ...and...

CE: - ...switched the power supply.

Me: - and it was all ok?

CE: - Well, it was a little hard to fit but I managed it. When I turned it on it smelled burned so I turned it off.

I had to show him. He did those upgrades hundred of times.

But this time he accomplished 2 things I never saw in my life: He managed to plug a DDR2 on a DDR slot... AND plugged the power supply backwards. When it doesn't fit he does the one logical thing (on his mind) and CUT THE POWER PLUG IN ORDER TO FIT.

TL; DR: CrossEyed intern could fit an square peg on a round hole.

http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtec...ts_i_installs/
Old 04-08-2014, 02:23 AM   #1994
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

So my comp wont turn on. I tried the paper clip test on the psu and it turns I plug it to the mobo and nothing. Then I put the paper clip on the green and black while its plugged into mobo and turns on. I dun think its the comp switch cuz when I press it the comp turns on. Only whem the paper clip is in the psu connector to the mobo.. any ideas
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 AM   #1995
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

try sticking paper clip into electrical socket you connect computer to

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:45 AM   #1996
Mr.Rogers

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Tryed that didnt work

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I just ended up leavin the paper clip in the connector whete turned on the psu all fans went on then while shit is on removed the paper clip (used woden chopsticks lol) just in case then I was able to turn on the comp just fine.... wtf its like if I unplug or turn off the psu from the switch it dies unless I bypass that shit with the clip... no idea wtf is going on
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #1997
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So, does it work properly once you kickstart it with that paper clip?

I'd prolly just hack it, add a switch in parallel with that circuit so I don't have to reach in with paperclip.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #1998
Mr.Rogers

Yes works perfectly fine once I bypass with clip. So u think its the connector from the psu to mobo?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #1999
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Could be, or could be in the power supply, or whatever. Not worth replacing parts IMO. Run power switch wire to there instead of (or parallel to) motherboard.

You could try replacing the power supply.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #2000
Mr.Rogers

Ah ok gotcha thnx Cao!