Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #1901
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

More stuff to block with software restriction policies to prevent CryptoLocker:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...5&pageNumber=2

XP clients:
Path Security Level Suggested Description
%AppData%\*.exe Disallowed Prevent Cryptolocker executable from running in AppData*
%AppData%\*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent virus payloads from executing in subfolders of AppData
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\Rar*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent un-WinRARed executables in email attachments from running in the user space
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\7z*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent un-7Ziped executables in email attachments from running in the user space
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\wz*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent un-WinZIPed executables in email attachments from running in the user space
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\*.zip\*.exe Disallowed Prevent unarchived executables in email attachments from running in the user space

Vista and newer clients:
Path Security Level Suggested Description
%AppData%\*.exe Disallowed Prevent Cryptolocker executable from running in AppData*
%AppData%\*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent virus payloads from executing in subfolders of AppData
%LocalAppData%\Temp\Rar*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent un-WinRARed executables in email attachments from running in the user space
%LocalAppData%\Temp\7z*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent un-7Ziped executables in email attachments from running in the user space
%LocalAppData%\Temp\wz*\*.exe Disallowed Prevent un-WinZIPed executables in email attachments from running in the user space
%LocalAppData%\Temp\*.zip\*.exe

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

While we're at it, how about software restriction policies for other stuff? Years ago I put a bunch into an identical function in Sophos Enterprise Console. Conduit, for example...
Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #1902
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

What are y'all doing about XP being end of life come April?
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #1903
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I'm not doing shit since I'm a server guy but the techs have already made lists of machines in their various departments. Then they work with the departments to decide which to retire, which to replace, which are worth upgrading.

Is a mess lol
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #1904
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

More CryptoLocker SRPs:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...re-information

I'm not worried about XP EOL. XP machines aren't going to suddenly quit. Threats will still need to get past the same defenses we already have before they get a chance to take advantage of a new flaw that remains unpatched.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #1905
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Well the main IT peeps here block them on the network a little while after EOL since they will no longer be patched (unless you pay MS I think lol fts)
Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #1906
stonehenge

rofl: http://en.community.dell.com/support...?pi239031352=1
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #1907
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #1908
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I think we're going to pay the yearly subscription fee to MS that allows us to upgrade any box to W7 or 8, and also any new Server OS's that come out.
I think its 1500/yr or so for W7/8, Server, Office, Microsoft Forefront and for addt'l $$$ can have Exchange.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #1909
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So, my software restriction policies may be insufficient. This just ran:
AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\9S91UFMI\JavaSetup7u45[1].exe

It wasn't unexpected that it would try to run; I told IE to download and run it. I did expect it to fail, but I see the folder is deeper than the path wildcards I used. Has CryptoLocker been run from a browser like that, or from any other deeper path in AppData?
Old 10-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #1910
stonehenge

Not sure, I thought the appdataa\*\* would cover allthepaths. I guess not
Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #1911
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

That particular path would need AppData\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*.exe, and there'd need to be a different level for Firefox, another for Chrome...not worried aboot Opera, I'm probably the only Opera user here.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #1912
stonehenge

put -r in there so it's recursive

like opening cmd and typing ls
Old 10-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #1913
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

ls works fine for me when I open a cmd prompt. My path includes CygWin.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #1914
stonehenge

i haz cygwin at home

but when I go to a random person's machine and open cmd to do something I end up typing ls or the wrong \ at least once
Old 10-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #1915
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

For some years I was network-pushing CygWin in the default domain policy so we could ssh in.

So, just now I had to leave my lunch on my desk and go fix a problem. Problem I expected was projector not set to computer input. Problem I found was some jerk unplugged the VGA cable from the computer.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #1916
stonehenge

Old 11-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #1917
stonehenge

http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtec..._cryptolocker/

Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #1918
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #1919
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #1920
M.B Co
lookatmykittahpenis

M.B Co has a piruja stable.M.B Co has a piruja stable.M.B Co has a piruja stable.

Ugh. People at work using Google Docs on IE.

kawasig3 by MBCo, on Flickr
M.B Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #1921
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Could be worse.

I just got emailed some screenshots. Were they pasted in the email? No. Were they attached to the email? No. They were pasted in a spreadsheet file that was attached to the email.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #1922
stonehenge

I get that all the time... they always paste them into an excel or Word file. It's ratard.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #1923
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I get Word all the time. I've become numb to that. Excel, though....not so much.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #1924
stonehenge

rofl yeah the excel ones are definitely more rare (and annoying)
Old 11-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #1925
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Who the fuck thinks of pasting pics in excel

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote