Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #1601
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #1602
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

BTDT.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1603
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Sorry Wan. I just saw your post about backing up.

Honestly, I'm switching over to cloud based stuffs. Making other ppl host it. It seems more cost effective with my non existant budget that keeps getting cut each year. They have to maintain backups, upgrades, etc.

The few things I DO have to back up, I use windows backup, or do a little win zip backup file
Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #1604
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

ah our stuff would be $$$$$$ if we had to pay for outside storage and bandwidth would suck in comparison to hosting it ourselves

too mash datas ftl
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #1605
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
Honestly, I'm switching over to cloud based stuffs. Making other ppl host it. It seems more cost effective with my non existant budget that keeps getting cut each year. They have to maintain backups, upgrades, etc.
Plus, they can't cut that budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
ah our stuff would be $$$$$$ if we had to pay for outside storage and bandwidth would suck in comparison to hosting it ourselves

too mash datas ftl
With a terabyte here and a terabyte there, here a terabyte there a terabyte everywhere a bunch of terabytes, old mcJuanold had a server farm, EBCDIC.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #1606
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I have $190,000 worth of new network stuffs sitting here in boxes I can't touch.
Doing a total refresh. New Alcatel Gig switches, new UPS's for each closet, a new firewall, content filter, and V-Brick video distribution system.

Reason I can't touch is b/c it was bought with gov't monies. All is contracted out so all I can do is look at it until it's installed.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #1607
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

That's not so bad, let the contractor do the work, then you only have to fix whatever they didn't do right.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #1608
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I also have a maintenance contract w them if I ever need help. Or am off work or something and need soemthing done. 40 hours a year I believe.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #1609
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Alcatel? Those the foos that make caos phone?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #1610
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I dunno. Thats what I got though. Was in the bid that we picked up.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #1611
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Alcatel? Those the foos that make caos phone?
:jesteryes:
Old 03-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #1612
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Have installed SysAid on one of my unused servers. Installed the Remote Client on the workstations at the BOE down the road. Saved me TONS of time already. Being able to remotely control their workstation and them show me exactly what's going on instead of using RDP.

I love this helpdesk software.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #1613
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

We've been using VNC and Lync.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #1614
stonehenge

dude in charge of the techs is trying to get Lync to be used more since its "free"
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #1615
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

SysAid is free too. If you use the free version lol
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #1616
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I hate how long Lync takes to load the first screen, I hate how difficult it is for the user to find the dialog box for the phone call where they can tell it to share the screen with me, but once we get started I find it to be damn near perfect to use.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #1617
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I have to install a small remote client on the workstations but all I do is click on remote control and a dialouge box pops up for them to share screen w me. It automatically swaps to win 7basic mode when I'm remoted in and back to user selected graphic properties once I'm done .
Pretty legit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #1618
stonehenge

free version works for up to 100 users

cant haz

they want all my infos to tell me how much pro is so fts
Old 03-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #1619
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I'm only using it on admin machines. Well admin, and teacher workstations. Not ever machine in the skool
Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #1620
stonehenge

ah ok, makes senses then
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #1621
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Working on this Dell Inspiron 1521 for my in-laws. 1GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core TK-55, Windows Vista.

It's running horrifically slow. I wouldn't expect Vista with 1GB to be a speed demon, but it might as well be Vista on a 486 with 4MB of RAM. Spends a lot of time just totally bogged down. It didn't used to be this way.

Don't know if I'm forgetting some basic step I should take or what, but I just can't find the fault. Freed up 25GB of hard drive space and defragged with 4 different programs to pack it nicely. Disabled most auto-running software. Ran memtest86+ to make sure RAM isn't wack. Cleaned up all temp files and such. Of course I've made totally sure there is no kind of virus/malware/crapware. Tried messing with BIOS settings, though if it ran fine before like this then it should run fine now...anyway, no better. Created a new user, logged off old user and logged on as new one, set "best performance" settings turning off all visual effects (reverting to windows 95 style widgets and what not), I guess it's improved but not like it should be.

I guess I'll try windows updates and updating all drivers, but is there anything I'm forgetting?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Also I'm running sfc /scannow now.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #1622
stonehenge

I can't think of anything that you didn't already list. any processes high on the task manager list?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #1623
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Running a Dell performance diagnostic test right now, looks like it's gonna take a while and don't want to disturb it. However, I don't recall seeing anything serious in task mangler. In Vista they introduced a decent performance tab in task mangler and an enhanced performance monitor that you can access from there, and that performance monitor lets you sort processes by disk activity, memory usage, and network usage as well as CPU. There I saw svchost doing a lot more than anything else, but not enough detail to know which service to look at.

Actually, having typed that out, I should try disabling services while watching the performance monitor.

Thanks Juan!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #1624
stonehenge

Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #1625
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I think Superfetch was partially at fault. I think AVG may also be partially at fault. Gonna remove AVG, see how it runs, and install Microsoft Security Essentials.