Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #1101
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I liek apache. Since you're only serving a single static page with a redirect, it's kinda like using a cclb 3500 dually to drive a few hundred feet to the corner to get milk, but that's fine.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #1102
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Would roll 1ton beast to get malk idgaf
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #1103
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Well, I'm trying to get it to work, but the damn thing wont start APACHE services lol
Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #1104
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

As long as another process is bound to port 80, apache won't be able to run.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #1105
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

services started.

and now I dunno how to make the webpage accessible lulz.

I'm no good at hosting or running web servers..

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Like... where do I set the META commands? In the httpd file??
Old 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #1106
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Meta stuff goes in HTML files.

httpd.conf doesn't have anything you'll need to mess with except the folder where your HTML files go.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #1107
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

This ticket came in at 10:23 this morning:

Quote:
Good morning!
We have some new people in the office and I was wondering if you could assign them some passwords and user ids. Thanks.
So the tech replied at 10:24 (foo was fast):

Quote:
Can you let us know who these new users are?
No replies from the person who submitted the ticket.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #1108
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Meta stuff goes in HTML files.

httpd.conf doesn't have anything you'll need to mess with except the folder where your HTML files go.
Ok.. So I put the HTML files in that same directory? the CONF folder?
I'm not quite sure how to make the HTML files public.

It's a simple, simple command that I want to run..but I'm lost as to where to do this. I'm not a good web server guru
Old 01-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #1109
stonehenge

The http conf file should include the path where your HTML files go. Ours are all Linux so I don't know where the default is on Win
Old 01-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #1110
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Let me read le file..
Old 01-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #1111
stonehenge

Cao, I'm learning this windows domain shit as I go I have a question. Right now we have normal users and administrator. Techs use their normal accounts for troubleshooting user issues and log in with administrator to do things that require it or to join computers to the domain.

I'm semi-uncomfortable with every one of our techs knowing the password to administrator because they can remote into the server and screw things up. They are a pretty smart groups, not many derps, so I doubt they will but I still kinda DNW. Also, we have lots of people going around using the server admin password. Would rather it be something not as many people know.

So what I'm asking is, what groups does someone need to be in so that they can do administrative tasks and add/remove from the domain but NOT be able to log into the server and fuck with shit?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #1112
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Providing limited administration privileges isn't something I'm really great at. IIRC there's something about a right-click and "Delegate privileges" or some such. You'd have to google it.

However, you could create fullly privileged domain administrator accounts for each tech. They'd have the same access but a better audit trail, so if the fecal matter hits the multi-bladed rotating air circulation device then you'll know whose fault it is. That's how we roll here.

I guess if there's not a lot of servers, you could set local or group policies on the servers to deny local logon.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #1113
stonehenge

We also have one department that is on our domain but we don't do tech support for (dont ask ). So I made an account for their tech so he can login and troubleshoot and whatnot. I'd like him to be able to join new/wiped boxes to our domain but there's no way in hell I'm giving someone else our admin password. That's another reason I was looking into limited privz.

Thanks cao, will look into it a little more later. Busy setting up new groups and shit for a lab that needs like 200 accounts
Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #1114
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Man. We had 30 desktops w Vista Business on them.
They are like 5 yrs old or so. Starting to die, or have corrupted boot sectors..

and I can't find the Vista DVD.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #1115
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 01-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #1116
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

had = HAVE!

I'm looking for it now and it's gone. Gone like a freight train. Gone like yesterday. Gone like a soldier in the Civil War. bang bang.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #1117
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

:thankyou:

I needed a change of pace in my music so I'll feed that song into Slacker, that should work out decently well.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #1118
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

what would cause the arrows to disappear on my scroll bar? Ive noticed some other things missing in chrome too.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #1119
stonehenge

It only happens in Chrome?

Also, you don't need to black out your incognito pr0n windows down there, we don't judge.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #1120
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

lol its work stuff. no they are back wtf? yea only chrome as fart as i can tell. still show up everywhere else like email.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #1121
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Transient problem with your video card driver. Rebooting will probably fix it. Could also try updating driver.

I see you operate like me, all the modern interface bullshit turned off, old school style.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #1122
stonehenge

i slip into OG mode every now and then and disable aero but after a while i go back because it's so pretty when its transparent with a decent wallpaper mmm
Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #1123
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

running old school makes this comp actually usable lol. its an old pos dell still on xp. ill try the drivers. its weird tho they come and go.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #1124
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Hmm. Has script set to pull icon from set location to desktop. is not working.

FGTRY
Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #1125
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

One more idea: Could try updating Chrome. Also see if Chrome has different skins.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Jay, does the script run as a user with appropriate privileges for reading the source and writing to the destination?