Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #126
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Already done that. Even changed the jumper to clear the CMOS settings.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #127
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Last resort: Disconnect everything, leaving just keyboard, video card, and monitor; see if it's responsive. Then try plugging in a different power supply and replacing that video card.

Edit: By "everything" I mean including all drives and such.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #128
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Ok I'm a dumbass.

We have the monitor hooked up to a KVM switch....if you hook the keyboard/mouse directly into the machine it boots fine.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #129
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Better to be a dumbass having made that mistake than to have to replace the system.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #130
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

at least you figured it out. That's not a dumbass move anyway, who'd think that the kvm would be killing it!?
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #131
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I have a terminal server that needs to be rebooted, but I never catch it when there's no users connected...I have to try late-night or something...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #132
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

fuck them, hold that power button down
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #133
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

We have an intern. He's a good kid, smart, great at figuring stuff out...but he totally has no command line experience. I'm teaching him Linux and it's driving me nuts watching him try to cd to a file or cd /directoryname to a directory that's not in /.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #134
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

UNIX ftw

don't kill me
Old 11-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #135
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I'm vendor-agnostic. Most of my *nix experience is with a large variety of Linux distributions but I've spent some time in AIX too.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #136
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
We have an intern. He's a good kid, smart, great at figuring stuff out...but he totally has no command line experience. I'm teaching him Linux and it's driving me nuts watching him try to cd to a file or cd /directoryname to a directory that's not in /.
i had very little when I first started working here in one of the side departments. I installed a few different linux distros and played around with them and now I have enough to get by and do most of the basics as well as the stuff I need to do daily.

Try teaching him how to use vi, he'll want to use the mouse.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #137
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yeah, I showed him vi. I also showed him how to install joe so he doesn't have to use vi.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #138
stonehenge

never used joe. I tried pico before and it works pretty well and is a little more GUI-like with mouse functions and whatnot, but when I got here the server guy here is a VI-whore and its the only thing installed on EVERY machine so I learned it really quick lol
Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #139
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

vi FTL.

Joe is like Wordstar from back in the days of CP/M and DOS 3.3. I used Wordstar on a laptop that ran CP/M, used C batteries, didn't have a hard drive or boot from a floppy, instead it booted and ran software from ROM cartridges almost like a video game. I think it had some NVRAM for storing files or something, I don't remember.

One day in biology class the room was getting smoky and I realized that it was emanating from my backpack. That was the end of that laptop.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #140
stonehenge

poor lappytawpz

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I've got used to vi, I kinda like it now lol but the learning curve kinda sucks and I still don't know all the shortcuts.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #141
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 11-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #142
stonehenge

FAIL due to WIN
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #143
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I'm ghosting the HD in that machine from yesterday. All tests passed, but I figured WTF. I had some extra new hd's around and 160gb > 80gb anyway.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #144
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

That doesn't look particularly bad, does it?

Now imagine that the "Restart" button is greyed out because you're a non-administrator user logged in to a terminal server.

Fucking shit. That terminal server has constant users - I haven't had a chance to reboot it in two weeks. That means that for two weeks, users have been getting that annoying fucker and NOBODY has reported it.

I only found out because I logged in as a regular user to test a survey I was putting on it to find out if users are happy with it or not.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #145
stonehenge

Survey no longer necessary imo
Old 11-20-2009, 04:43 AM   #146
Ed4x4

Ed4x4 may have a mustache.

Maybe one of you guys can help me out.

I've got windows vista (the worst idea windows has had) and my computer took a shit last week. I've been running it in safe mode to get by, doing my work. I tried reinstalling vista today, and it went good for a while. reinstalled it, started adding all my drivers back. Had to restart for them to take affect. Well after the restart and boot up, I get the same problem I had before. It boots up all the way to the profile login. I login, and it sits at the "Welcome" screen for however long I let it set before I get pissed and turn it off.

Anyone know the fix? Im reinstalling vista again, one more time. And then I'll have to add all the drivers again. Hopefully this fixes it, but I have a feeling it wont.

lolz. whatever will I do?
Ed4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #147
Corey
TAC BAC

Sonar Challenge Champion Pingu Sports! Champion Speed Racer Champion Thivin Monkeys Champion Srike One Champion
Pepsi Sumo Twang Champion Garage Door Tennis Champion Tiny Combat Champion Zodiac Slots Champion The Bounce Champion
Corey may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post

That doesn't look particularly bad, does it?

Now imagine that the "Restart" button is greyed out because you're a non-administrator user logged in to a terminal server.

Fucking shit. That terminal server has constant users - I haven't had a chance to reboot it in two weeks. That means that for two weeks, users have been getting that annoying fucker and NOBODY has reported it.

I only found out because I logged in as a regular user to test a survey I was putting on it to find out if users are happy with it or not.

Code:
shutdown /r /t 5 /f /d p:0:0
put that in a .bat file and set a scheduled task to run it at 3 AM
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #148
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed4x4 View Post
Anyone know the fix? Im reinstalling vista again, one more time. And then I'll have to add all the drivers again. Hopefully this fixes it, but I have a feeling it wont.
Boot in safe mode. Find "Command Prompt" in the start menu. Right-click it and run as administrator. Enter
sfc /scannow
at the command line. That ought to fix it.

If that doesn't work, boot in safe mode again and run msconfig from the command line (or from "Run" if your start menu has that option). Select "Diagnostic Startup" and see if it boots in normal mode after that. If so, run it again and choose "Selective Startup" and go through it enabling some stuff. Use process of elimination to figure out which startup item is failing.

A new feature that arrived with Vista is Startup Repair.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions
I wouldn't count on it working but it's worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Code:
shutdown /r /t 5 /f /d p:0:0
put that in a .bat file and set a scheduled task to run it at 3 AM
I was thinking of doing that, but I'm afraid there might be a user logged on even then.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Ok, at 6:55am just check it from home and nobody was on so I rebooted.

I don't like to reboot automatically/unattended in case something goes wrong.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #149
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

We have a 40GB drive for student home folders on our network. One student has used 35GB for dumping his camera's pictures and videos. I guess we should have put in quotas.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #150
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

delete them

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote