Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Question Where to find OEM earphones that came with my now-obsolete mp3 player

I bought my Sandisk Sansa E140 back when it was the only mp3 player on the market that had an SD card slot. I mostly use it while driving but occasionally I use it with earphones. The earphones it came with are my favorite earphones of all time.

My wife has stolen my earphones. They are now her favorite earphones of all time.

It also came with a 6 inch USB cable, which I love. I don't need 6 foot or 10 foot long USB cables for mp3 players and cameras...they just become a tangled mess. 6 inches is more than I need.

Where can I find more of the original headphones? Not only is this 1gb old-school model discontinued, but it's nearly impossible to find for sale...and it's like $50+ wherever I do find it. That's too bad, I was hoping to buy a few for $8 each or something.

Where can I find 6 inch USB cables?

Pictures to help identify the earphones...

Old 11-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

ebay?

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

No luck on eBay.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

ghey. CL, radio shack may carry them too

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Maybe these:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ster...8130095&sr=1-5
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

They're not the same but they're kinda similar, and maybe cheap enough to try. I just know that if I start doing that, I'll end up spending $60 on a shitload of $3 earphones before I find the right ones...
Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Can't help you much with the headphones but I have a pair of these and they are great, not super expensive, and are similar (the rubber noise-cancelling, bass-enhancing, thingamajigz). But in the end, they still aren't the ones you want lol
http://www.amazon.com/Skull-Candy-SC.../dp/B000Q74102
(mine are white though)

As far as the cable, the best I can find is either this retractable one:
http://www.amazon.com/USB-MINI5P-B-R...8141092&sr=1-8

or this 1ft one:
http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-USB-Min...141092&sr=1-10

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Damn, for the retractable usb cable idea, look at this beast set for $6.50
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Well, I just finished spending the last two hours beating the hell out of ebay and I think I've got a handle on it...

USB cables for $1, free shipping, 6.5 inches (20cm):
http://cgi.ebay.com/20cm-USB-cable-A...item518903dbd5

Earphones that I think are the right ones, $8, free shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/In-Ear-Earphones...item53d71cfb18

Sandisk Sansa E130 (the 512mb version, my E140 is 1gb; they both have SD slots) refurb which comes with earbuds and usb cable but it doesn't say if they're the OEM stuff or not: $13 shipped -- not posting the link so LURKERS CAN'T GET IT BEFORE I DO!!!! Muahahahahahahah!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

ipods

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

[QUOTE=theholycow;21074]Well, I just finished spending the last two hours beating the hell out of ebay and I think I've got a handle on it...

USB cables for $1, free shipping, 6.5 inches (20cm):
http://cgi.ebay.com/20cm-USB-cable-A...item518903dbd5[quote]
well you said 6", not 6.5!! that one looks shorter than the one in your pic though
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Sandisk Sansa E130 (the 512mb version, my E140 is 1gb; they both have SD slots) refurb which comes with earbuds and usb cable but it doesn't say if they're the OEM stuff or not: $13 shipped -- not posting the link so LURKERS CAN'T GET IT BEFORE I DO!!!! Muahahahahahahah!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #11
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
well you said 6", not 6.5!! that one looks shorter than the one in your pic though
Yeah, it looks shorter than what the listing says. I only need 1 inch of cable and the plugs on each end for my mp3 players, which I prefer to dangle from the USB port. I need 3 inches for my camera. Any more is annoying and cumbersome.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #12
stonehenge

I'm gonna order a 20ft on monoprice for like $2 so I can walk around the house with my flash drive
Old 11-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Damn it. I had found two sellers with e130 units and asked them this:
Quote:
Your listing says that earbuds come with it. Are they the original earbuds that came with it from Sandisk, or are they others? I'm interested in it mainly for the original earbuds which are my favorite and are hard to find.

The original ones look like this:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o/DSCF4448.jpg
and came with 3 sizes of the rubber thingy; I only need the smallest size.

If it also comes with the very short (about 6 inches long) USB cable, that's even better for me.
The responses:
Quote:
no sorry i dont have the original ones they were nice thought your right . i have a cheap set that comes with the player i do have the rubber things but only one size and the original paper work too
Quote:
THESE UNITS DO NOT HAVE THE TYPE OF EARBUDS THAT YOU WANT. THEY DO HAVE THE SHORT 8" USB CABLE THAT YOU DESCRIBED. ED

Also, on closer examination, those earbuds that I found that I thought might be them have slight visual differences and may not be. They may be worth gambling $8 though.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #14
stonehenge

Quote:
THESE UNITS DO NOT HAVE THE TYPE OF EARBUDS THAT YOU WANT. THEY DO HAVE THE SHORT 8" USB CABLE THAT YOU DESCRIBED. ED
this guy seems rather angry and see, the cable is 8" you lying cow!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:55 AM   #15
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

WOOHOO!!!! Found them!

V-Moda Bass Freq earphones appear to be exactly the same thing, and one review says they are.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #16
stonehenge

congrats cow
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So, while I'm waiting for my order to come in and hoping they are indeed the same in feel and sound, I have managed to get my earbuds back from my wife. She gave them back because, like all earphones she ever uses much, the wire was fraying near the connector.

At least she didn't wait for them to stop working. As soon as it was visibly fucked up she gave them to me. Here's what I did:

1. Filled cracks and covered bare wires with liquid electric tape:

2. Slip some heat-shrink tubing over it. It barely fits over the connector and leaves lots of space to shrink at the wire.

3. Fill heat-shrink with shavings from a hot melt glue stick.

4. Heat the heat-shrink, melting the hot-melt glue inside. Glue smooths out automatically from pressure from heat-shrink, squeezing out the end a little, and reinforces the whole thing.

5. Put two more layers of heat-shrink on.

6. Perfect.

I should have done the second layer of heat shrink better and used better quality materials. It shaped almost perfectly except the end flared a little. The third layer had to be stretched to fit over it and didn't shrink as well as I'd like. As a whole, though, it's still pretty decent.

I'm going to offer to do the same to all her future earphones, and maybe I'll do it to mine too, as proactive reinforcement.

She claims that she does not pull by the cord or anything like that, but why else would all hers always break like that?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #18
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

liquid electrical tape u say?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Also available in spray form, but I didn't think that would work well for this job.

I haven't tried the spray one ever. This was the first time I used the brush one. It was sitting in my basement for 3 or 4 years now and I think it had mostly dried up, it was goop instead of liquid but it was great for this job.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #20
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

where would a fine gentlemen like urself and I acquire such ingenious product?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #21
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I think I got both at WalMart. IIRC the brush-on was in the home electrical section and the spray was in the automotive electronic section (near fuses and bulbs and such).
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #22
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

I'll have to keep an eye out for it
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Oh, and Plasti-Dip should work similarly if you can't find the liquid tape. It's also available in a can of liquid and a spray.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

The spray does go on really thin, though.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

I mean, the Plasti-Dip spray. I haven't tried the liquid tape spray.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #24
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

is this stuff flexible?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #25
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yes. It didn't go on as smooth as I wanted, it looks a little rough (but I covered it anyway), but that might be because it was dried up in the can. Either way, it was more stiff than the soft insulation that was on the wires already, but not quite as stiff as the boot that you would find where the wire goes into the connector.