Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #2076
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Moto phones have a slightly slimmer screen than HTC phones don't they? That's a random question not relative to the ratard
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #2077
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Slimmer but taller. It is a different ratio. Motos are 854x480 and everything else (HTC, Samsung, LG, etc) are 800x480. Not sure why Moto decided to add the extra 54 pixels. I think they wanted the 16:9 ratio like HDTVs have.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #2078
MikeH
waffler

Is the screen quality noticeably better on the Motor's since they have the extra pixels or not really
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #2079
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

As far as resolution, not really. But I like the TFT screens that Moto uses. They tend to be a tad less "vibrant" than the ones HTC uses but I think they are crisper and sharper. Side by side my X looks sharper and clearer than my coworkers Incredible but the colors on his screen are really vivid. Although his oranges seem to be TOO bright.

Either way, they both look good, you only notice the differences when you put them side by side. I love my X's screen.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #2080
MikeH
waffler

As you can tell I didn't do any homework on the X, I just bought the damn thing
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #2081
stonehenge

is BAMF enough to not need homework
Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #2082
MikeH
waffler

I've only held a non working display. VZW was busy when I went to order and I wasn't about to wait for 10 other people ahead of me.

BW has been working fine thus far. Hopefully it stays that way.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #2083
stonehenge

mine hasn't stopped since 3.04 or 3.05

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Don't really like: https://scache.vzw.com/multimedia/360_demos/mot_droid2/

The silver face with blue back is if it was all the dark blue it would be nice but the current coloring looks weird. The face looks cheap. Maybe in person is better.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #2084
MikeH
waffler

Why would they do blue? They trying to attract Cowboy fans?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #2085
stonehenge

Default Re: Android Thread

Rofl dunno. Honestly tho the back with some small silver accents looks fine to me. It's the front i hate.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #2086
MikeH
waffler

WTF I tracked my X and it says at local fedex facility then next to that it says not due for delivery. It was 2 day shipping and it got shipped out Saturday. What's that about?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #2087
stonehenge

dunno, my overnight arrived on time the next day
Old 08-10-2010, 03:02 AM   #2088
MikeH
waffler

Just noticed its suppose to be delivered tomorrow. Not that it matters but I thought it was weird.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #2089
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
Juan have you came across a link for the latest version of Smart KB?
2.8.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?lw3i4uo6a81o92q

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Damn Mike, we should have waited for the R2D2 edition of the Cowboys phone instead of getting an X. http://www.droiddoes.com/r2d2/

oh and check this out. The D2 has the same internals as the DX and this is what the D2 gets on 2.2:

(1458)

So we should expect similar. Right now on 2.1 my X gets 1225-1300 so its not a HUGE improvement but it is better. Also I have my task killer killing the stock launcher and other shit that I don't use. If they are getting 1458 with the stock launcher and whatnot then it may be more of an improvement than I thought originally.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

A tweet from Alldroid.org's twitter: "We have a Droid X with Froyo running on it and FULL ROOT (including working su). More to come as it's available. (please RT)"
Old 08-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #2090
MikeH
waffler

Do not want D2, would rather have bigger screen and no KB. Quadrant scores don't really mean anything, they vary by every device so I could care less about that.

I saw that tweet, we know we will have root on froyo at least.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Its a pain in the fuckin ass to Rep on mobile so I will make sure to do so when I get home.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #2091
stonehenge

k sounds good, im always down for repz
Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #2092
MikeH
waffler

I'm gonna miss my tracball notifications. Now I'm gonna have to wake my phone up just to see if I have any messages.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #2093
stonehenge

Droids have LED notifications up top foo.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:00 AM   #2094
MikeH
waffler

Nevermind that's even better.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

SuperUser was updated, it no longer has the ninja icon. I'm not sure how you would go about updating cuz I think you had to flash it through recovery.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Fuckin Moto
http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Main-....-For-Now.html
Old 08-11-2010, 04:47 AM   #2095
stonehenge

Quote:
Nevermind that's even better.
the Eris had trackball notifications and I like my LEDs better.
Quote:
SuperUser was updated, it no longer has the ninja icon. I'm not sure how you would go about updating cuz I think you had to flash it through recovery.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828
yeah, not sure how we'd update the one on the X.
Quote:
saw that earlier. Luckily I already haz the SBF and drivers and whatnot. if you can't find it when you need it, let me know. I also saw some Megaupload links floating around.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #2096
MikeH
waffler

Alright cool thanks.

If you havent saw this yet you need to jump on it NOW. Free full body protector, just gotta pay shipping (2.85).

http://www.stealthguards.com/index.p...rotection.html

Last edited by MikeH; 08-11-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 AM   #2097
stonehenge

Is that one of the soft zagg-like ones?

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Either way, I'm jumping on it
Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #2098
MikeH
waffler

Yeah pretty sure. I just ordered it for the back mainly.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

They have ones for other devices that are free too. Order the wife one for the droid.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #2099
stonehenge

Yeah I don't know if it is wet apply or dry but for $3, can't really go wrong. Like you said, if the texture is weird then I'll just put it on the back/top/chin/earpiece and get another brand for the face.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #2100
MikeH
waffler

Either way you can't really go wrong for 3 bucks.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Under the "What Is It" tab on the website it says they come with 2 sets but I'm not sure if it does for the price we paid cuz under the description it says 1 Full Body set.