Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Im gonna need link tonight brah...wanna do this

btw, my $1 taiwaneez micro usb no work with DROID
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Gonna try the Sholes.info ROM. Apparently it gives you lots of options at the beginning before it installs. You can choose to install the PZ apps, remove facebook/amazon/visualvoicemail/etc, choose stock theme or smoked glass, etc. Sounds nice. Only problem is, you can only get the newest version of their ROM by donating $5 or waiting until tomorrow

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado View Post
Im gonna need link tonight brah...wanna do this

btw, my $1 taiwaneez micro usb no work with DROID
every microusb I've tried has worked, including cheap ass no-name charger that CL guy gave us with my wifes phone
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #28
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

its ok...Im just gonna wait for seidio dawk and use that here @ work...regular wall charger at casa and ima get car charger later....DROID died yesterday after work
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #29
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

You been whoring it, thaz why mine rarely gets that low. Lately I've been trying to remember to plug it in everytime I get in the truck or sit at my desk. That will make it even LESS likely to die.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #30
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

I saw a BAMF 12v USB plug...sits flush in the cig hole and has red led right about usb port...pero its white Id like something like that
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #31
stonehenge

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

pero es espensivz
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Quote:
You have requested http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
The requested web page is categorized as Shopping.
Access to the requested web page is denied.
If you think this is in error, please contact the ISD Help Desk
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #33
stonehenge

Evil IT ftl

It is just a 12v cig plug with a usb port on the back and a little led. Plug is black, not sure about led color and the led is off to the side I think. I have one similar in the Nizz and it charges the Droid using the stock cable or one I got from VZW (WAY overpriced)
Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #34
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

DROID to the rescue...lemme check it out
Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #35
stonehenge

esssspensive
Old 02-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #36
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

soooper spensive...one I saw/want is VERY short...almost flush with the socket itself
Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #37
stonehenge

ahh mas dizkreet

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Like Notas
Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #38
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

si, but it was white kills the deezkreetness
Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #39
stonehenge

white ftl mf apple

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Damnit I want teh Sholes ROM but don't wanna pay $5 but I want it NAO not tomorrow, NAO
Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #40
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

i could blast it with black sp though
Old 02-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #41
stonehenge

they usually aren't built like beasts, you could prob take it apart, blast the plastic, reassemble and would look OEM style like teh console
Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

console is OEM atleast thats what Ive been instructed to say

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

BAMF
Old 02-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #43
stonehenge

4usbs and still a usable 12v spot BAMF x ∞

So you want the long list of instructions on how to root/install recover/flash? Most of it only needs to be done once (rooting and installing the recovery). The last part where you flash the rom is actually pretty quick and painless.

There are lots of steps and commands that require no typos and whatnot. Good thing is you only need to use a computer to download a few files and drag them to your sdcard (3 separate times). Everything else is done on the actual phone.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #44
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Old 02-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #45
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I want the vehicle dock. Does it charge it when its docked in the car?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #46
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

wan, si plz.

yay...yes, if it has the charger cord
Old 02-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #47
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo View Post
I want the vehicle dock. Does it charge it when its docked in the car?
No The multimedia dock comes with a charger cable and when you put it in the dock it plugs in and chargers. The car dock is just a holder, you need to plug in a charger to it separately. I THINK the Seidio one charges it but they cost more and require the case to fit right I think.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #48
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

oh, he talking about vzn one...seidio does

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

wan...I want something like the plug in this kit...i think this kit be yaybo approved

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10386391-48.html

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Old 02-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #49
stonehenge

Stolen from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
The only potential "downfall" to using the update.zip method, is if the author removes features from release to release, you could potentially not end up removing them. For example, 0.7.4 supposedly removes autolandscape on the home screen, but I still have it. If this will concern you, you need to use the Nandroid Backup method (not discussed in this thread). In addition, following this guide will cause official Motorola updates to be blocked. So if a new update comes out, you will need to revert back to a mostly stock phone to get the update or wait for them to re-hack the new update!!!

So first I'd like to makes sure that I point out two threads that I want you to read...one before you decide to root, and one after. They will help clear up about 99% of errors you may encounter during this process.

BEFORE

AFTER

The thing to understand is that it is VERY hard to help troubleshoot "odd" problems (usually user error) over the internet because there are a lot of steps here where you can say "I typed this exactly to the tee" but perhaps you were typing with a space where there isn't one or something, and I have no choice but to take your word for it...so PLEASE read the before thread, this thread, and ask any questions BEFORE starting. I know it is something that once you make the decision to do it and discover this guide, you want to just jump out and get it running, but that can lead to careless mistakes. Just take a deep breath, take your time, and read all of these threads top to bottom and it will eliminate 99.99% of your problems.

The first 30 or so steps I am stealing from this thread (some of which are slightly modified), with credit given to cplus. So this is me giving credit where credit is due. But you don't need that thread to install Bugless Beast anymore, because I'm going to show you all right here.

The current version of Bugless Beast is v0.7.4 dated 2/3/2010. I will update this thread every time Pete releases a new version. Changes from the previous version can always be found here.

If you like this guide, and you like the ROM please donate to Pete (these donations do NOT come to me, they go to the developer of the ROM), he makes these things for us and we use the hell out of them:

Quote:
Please
I am a college student trying to make ends meet.
Help me live out my dreams to do this in the future.
..And so we begin...(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the thread "Please read before you try to root" before starting!!!)

If you have any problems, PLEASE refer to the exact step where you began having problems and EXACTLY what you have done so we can help you.

-------------------------------
*** Note *** If you are already rooted and simply want to install this ROM, skip to step 9. If you are installing OVER a previous version of Bugless Beast, skip to step 34. If you have no clue what I am talking about, start from step 1.

1. Download the file update.zip from here. Make sure the file is named update.zip by right clicking the file in Windows Explorer, and choosing properties. The top empty box it will say update.zip. If it says update.zip.zip you will not be able to root your Droid. This update.zip is for rooting your Droid. So make sure you use THIS particular link in this step for the first update.zip (you will see later that the actual ROM is also called update.zip as well) or it won't work. Very important.

2. Plug your phone into the computer using the USB cable. From the notification menu at the top of the phone, slide that down and click the "USB Connected" button. Choose "Mount." Copy 'update.zip' from your computer to the root of your phone's sdcard. The root of your sdcard means the base, like C:\. If you are unsure of what root means, PLEASE go back to the "Please read before you try to root" thread that I linked above. This is VERY important!!! Disconnect the phone from the computer.

3. Turn off phone.

4. While the phone is off, slide open the keyboard.

5. Hold down 'x' and then begin to hold down the power button at the same time. When the screen lights up, you can let go of the buttons. You will now be booted to a screen with an exclamation point in the middle.. Sort of like this /!\

6. Press the 'volume +' and 'camera' buttons together until you see the screen change to a menu.

7. Choose the option to 'run update.zip.' Wait for finish... This update gives you super user or 'root' access to the phones internal drive and filesystem. If you stopped here, you would simply have a 'rooted' phone.

8. Reboot phone. When it boots back up, check to see if you have a ninja icon that says "Superuser Permissions" in your app drawer. If you do not have this, DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE THIS ICON, it will be pointless to continue if you don't have this.

9. Go to Android Market and install 'Android Terminal Emulator.'

10. Download the file flash_image from here. This file should NOT have a file extension!!! Make sure it does not have a file extension of ANY TYPE!!! If you or your computer have added a file extension (some users have reported that their computer added a .txt at the end of the file) it will not work!!!

11. Copy 'flash_image' from your computer to the root of your sdcard. Again, if you don't know what the root of your SD card is, please go back to the beginning of this thread.

12. Download recovery-0.99.2b.img and copy it to the root of your SD card. Disconnect the phone from the USB cable.

13. Open 'Android Terminal Emulator.' (In the launcher, you will see it is simply called 'Terminal Emulator'.) You will now see a blue screen with command prompt.

14. Slide open the keyboard and type 'su' then press 'enter'. You will be prompted to press 'Allow'. Press 'Allow'. This grants you Superuser Permissions while in Terminal Emulator. Your command prompt should change from $ to # to let you know it worked.

15. Type 'mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system' without the quotes.This will make the phone's internal drive writable so that we can copy files to it from the sdcard in the next step. For steps 15, 16, and 17 you need to make sure you copy EVERYTHING exactly as you see it. Also, remember to hit ENTER at the end of each line. Enter is located RIGHT BELOW the delete key, it is NOT the gold button in the center of the directional pad. It should also be noted that the 'o' is a lower case "oh" NOT a zero.

16. Type 'dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/system/bin/flash_image' without the quotes. It will tell you how many bytes in/out. This copies the flash_image utility to the phones internal drive where we need it.

17. Type 'chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image'. This changes the permissions of flash_image so that we can use it.

18. Type 'sync'.

19. Type '/system/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.2b.img'. It should be noted that this command is all on one line, not two separate commands. There should be a short pause as the custom recovery image is flashed and then the command prompt will appear again. At this point, the stock recovery screen you saw in steps 6-7 has now been replaced by the one you will see in steps 29-30 and on. This recovery image was written by SirPsycoS and is shared by him at sholes.info.

20. Type 'mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.old'. This should prevent the custom recovery from being over-written on reboot. If this step doesn't work for you, skip it. I've haven't witnessed the problem that it is supposed to prevent. bernal125 skipped it without issue. For others, this step has worked without issue.

21. Type 'sync'.

22. Close 'Android Terminal Emulator.'

23. Dwonload virginoem-backup.zip . Going back on your computer, extract 'virginoem-backup.zip' so that have you have folder called 'virginoem-backup' with the contents resembling 'boot.img' 'cach.tar' 'data.tar' etc...

24. Create a folder on the root of your sdcard called 'nandroid'.

25. Copy the folder 'virginoem-backup' from your computer to the 'nandroid' folder you just created on your sdcard in step 25.

26. Power off the phone.

27. Hold 'x' and power button to boot into recovery as in step 5 above. You won't get the exclamation point this time. Rather you will be booted right into the recovery.

28. READ THE RED COLORED TEXT SO THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO NAVIGATE THE MENU.

29. Choose 'backup/restore'.

30. Choose 'Advanced Nandroid backup'.

31. Choose 'Set backup name'.

32. Type a descriptive name for your backup and press enter.

33. Choose 'Perform backup'. An image of your phone's current state will now be made. It will take a couple minutes. With this backup you can always revert back if you don't like the ROM. Keep in mind if you revert back to this image, you will still be rooted with sprecovery. To return to FULL stock, visit this thread: *Easiest* way to get back to stock (No root, no busybox) Also keep in mind that you can redo steps 29-33 to do a complete back up of your phone ANY TIME you want. I named my file currentworkingbackup. Name it what you like though.

Now you are rooted with SPRecovery, you are backed up with Nandroid, and you are ready to install Bugless Beast. When installing Bugless Beast, you will NOT lose your applications, contacts, shortcuts, etc by using the method I am about to show you...

34. Delete the previous update.zip file both from your computer and the root of your SD card to prevent confusion, if it is still there...if you don't feel like deleting the old version just overwrite the existing file. Download the Bugless Beast ROM here. Note that it is the same file name as the update.zip that rooted your phone. Make sure, once again, that your file is named update.zip, not update.zip.zip (as before).

35. Just like in step 2, put the update.zip file on the root of your SD card.

36. Power off the phone.

37. Reboot into SPRecovery by powering on the phone and holding in the X key on the hardware keyboard, just like you did before.

38. Choose install.

39. Choose allow update.zip installation Don't forget this step. If you do, you will get "installation blocked" or something to that effect.

40. Choose Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

41. Hit the power button once, and then choose reboot.

42. Enjoy your new ROM. One thing I do if I have any issues at first is a) wait a few minutes to let it start up for the first time, and b) dial *228 and choose option 2 to have the phone reset roaming capabilities.

If you want to now overclock your new ROM, please continue, otherwise, you are done!

43. Download SetCPU from the Market.

44. When it asks what device you are using, do NOT choose Droid, scroll all the way to the bottom choose "auto detect".

45. You can now overclock your droid to 950mHz at all times, or you can set certain conditions by going to profiles > enable profiles and then setting the conditions and checkmarks for the various profiles you want to use.

FINE PRINT: I am in no way, shape, or form responsible for what you do or do not do to your phone. This guide only serves as a conduit for you...so if you screw something up, or you fry your CPU, or you lose your data, or you brick your phone or take it to Verizon and they get pissed and deny warranty because you have rooted...I cannot be held responsible.
Lots of steps but they are all easy and most of them don't take long.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

That little cig lighter is

BTW the above steps tell you how to install Bugless Beast 7.4 without losing apps/contacts/etc. If you want to try a different ROM, do all the steps except at step #34 you wouldn't download BB7.4, you'd download whatever ROM you want.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #50
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

Ima print this out :roflfacepalm: