Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #113626
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
u bleks wit ur creks...
you right

i can haz 4 meths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Though, to give it some credit, repeating useless information back for a test is pretty good preparation for a lot of mindless tedium jobs. If you make a good sheep in school then you'll make a good sheep pushing paper; if you don't sheep well then you might do something more interesting.
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #113627
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

yep. guess ill just go apply for a job at a hospital and when they say "hmm, we see here that u dropped out of classes, can u expand on that"? ill just say "yeah man, my black friend over the internets told me that school is for brainwashed sheep. i dont need education for a job here"

yeah thatll go over real well

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #113628
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Of course you need a degree to do some jobs. Its required by law.

You missed the point

A lot of people go through life making excuses and lying to themselves about how they didn't get as far in life as they should have because they don't have a college degree. Its a lie

Schools are businesses. In other words, they make money by scaring people into thinking they can only work at mcdonald's if they don't have a degree. Its not true. Don't point out just the occupations that require a degree because I can list just as many money making ventures that require no degree.

There's a lot of people in the world with college degrees that work regular shitty 9 to 5 jobs

Its a joke and it makes them look really stupid.

This is what I say to those people: "Oh you went to college and racked up $50K in debt and now you can barely get a job at walmart?"

Last edited by BillyJeanKing; 11-08-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #113629
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

Quote:
Of course you need a degree to do some jobs
oh so school isnt a waste then? got it

good job talking down on people who got a degree and barely got that walmart job. real superior bro

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

https://twitter.com/CChristineFair/s...18292631826433

white people

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #113630
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cez★ View Post
oh so school isnt a waste then? got it

good job talking down on people who got a degree and barely got that walmart job. real superior bro
Its still a fucking waste of time and money

you act as tho medical jobs make you rich

a damn nurse might as well work at mcdonald's

fuck outta here

Also, i like how you didn't include my "Its required by law" line

THE GOVERNMENT MAKES YOU GET THE DEGREE

that doesn't count
Old 11-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #113631
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

Quote:
a damn nurse might as well work at mcdonald's
mhmmm

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm

so youre telling me i might as well work at mcdonalds because id make 60k? WOW why isnt everyone working at mcdonalds making that much.

not sure what the gov required thing was needed for me to quote other than for some tinfoil conspiracy thing about gov requiring degree holding sheep or something

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #113632
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Sheeps don't watch anime or play pokemenz, korks argument is invalid.

Sent from my LG-D801
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #113633
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Quote:
mhmmm

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm

so youre telling me i might as well work at mcdonalds because id make 60k? WOW why isnt everyone working at mcdonalds making that much.

not sure what the gov required thing was needed for me to quote other than for some tinfoil conspiracy thing about gov requiring degree holding sheep or something

Yep you might as well be a mcdonald's manager

So what if a ccouple nurses make 60K

There's also a couple more that make 35K per year which is exactly what a mcdonald's worker makes

If a degree promised to make you rich i'd be all for it but people try to sell you on the idea like this..."if you don't have a degree you'll make 20K and if you do have a degree you'll make 80K"

That's really not a huge jump if you think about. There's no amazing difference in your life if you go from making 20K to 50K or from 50K to 100K

You still have to work a job. You still have to have a boss. You still have to arrive and leave when he says so. You still can't pay cash for a house or a car without being wiped out.

I never once said I was against degrees I just don't like how people hang their hopes on the damn things as if they are the end all be all and they'll cure all that ails you

btw cez, do you realize that this whole conversation started because you were complaining about not needing to take sociology? I was agreeing with you.

I've never understood why students are required to take so many courses that they don't end up using for anything.

Have you ever thought about the fact that in high school there were geometry and calculus classes and you might one day go on to be a six figure earner in the medical field? How in gods name can you use calculus for that?

That was my original point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
Sheeps don't watch anime or play pokemenz, korks argument is invalid.

Sent from my LG-D801

Last edited by BillyJeanKing; 11-08-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #113634
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

lawl. ok bro. ill go be a mcdonalds manager. i can just walk in and interview and get the job right?

& lol @ a couple. yea man the majority makes less

so a 30k difference isnt shit? should i just work making $12/hr and be fine with that for the rest of my life? that 30k would help pay for a better apartment/house/car. yea. money, who needs it.

u fail to realize how much differnt a job in mcdonalds vs a hospital/clinic is. yes u have a boss who still supervises. but the benefits of each one is different. youre a lot more expendable in a fast food place vs a medical person because of that degree that was given after taking all those useless classes. that degree also gives u leverage. a lot of people leave nursing school with offers to work somewhere thanks to the clinicals you perform during the semesters. im sure my managing 16 years old and deadbeats comes in real handy.

i missed that. i only caught the part where u rpetty much went "fuck school and the message that u need it" while i agree, i wont get cushy nurse job without my RN license. which requires all these dumb classes.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

and yes i hate these dumb classes. i like to believe its all a weed out process. because holy fuck. im sure u see me posts here and twitter bitching about the people i have to interact with now compared to when i was in the upper level science courses. the people im in class aspire to be nurses and teachers. ill admit im not the smartest person but compared to the majority of the fucknut mouthbreathers i sit next to im fkn einstein. thats for all these fields. nursing, med school, military, engineering.

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #113635
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Ok ok i'm going to give you my point in a couple short lines:

Think big. Wanting to make the jump from 20K/year to 80K/year is ok but not spectactular. You should want to get rich. Anything less than that is just

Quote:
You're a lot more expendable in a fast food place vs a medical person because of that degree that was given after taking all those useless classes.
I wanna break this apart for a second. I actually did attend culinary arts school for a while and yes I dropped out. I took a few non food related classes. On the first day of a few of those classes the teacher made us go around the room and tell everybody our major. In a class of 40 people, 30 of them said they were going to be nurses. I sat there and thought to myself "god damn, how many fucking nurses can there be?"

You really are dispensable when there's a ton of other people in the country that have the same degree as you.

I've worked in a few restaurants and the degree didn't mean shit. I would interview for jobs and say that I had formal culinary training. Did the interviewer care? Hell no! Another guy would come in and interview for the same job and get it. He had no culinary training but he had worked in restaurants for 20 years.

Me and Cao agreed on something a while ago...You gotta bring more to the table than just a degree.

I wasn't knocking you for getting an education. That's good. I would never knock someone for getting a degree in order to do something that they really want to do for a living. I just hope that you're in a nursing program mainly because you want to help people and not because it pays better than jobs you've had before.

I'm a stock trader and I have no problem admitting that I do that just for the money because that's the whole point of Wall Street.

If you want to do something just to make more money then why not go all out or better yet take one of your true passions and get rich doing it. Be the anime king of the internet or something like that not just Cesar Rosales, that guy that works at the hospital.

Quote:
and yes i hate these dumb classes. i like to believe its all a weed out process. because holy fuck. im sure u see me posts here and twitter bitching about the people i have to interact with now compared to when i was in the upper level science courses. the people im in class aspire to be nurses and teachers. ill admit im not the smartest person but compared to the majority of the fucknut mouthbreathers i sit next to im fkn einstein. thats for all these fields. nursing, med school, military, engineering.
I like that. I've never really thought of it that way.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #113636
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

now how many of those 30 do you think actually made it through all the bullshit and got a degree.

the school i applied to accepts only 80 or so people for entry in the spring semester. about 100 for the summer semester. thats 180 people a year out of the HUNDREDS that applied. yeah there was 30 people who want to be nurses. but theres thousands all around the country, and dont think that theyll all get accepted.

meh itll be nice to help people, my friend basically goes around checking to make sure patients are comfy and moves em around, checks temp and all that shit. leaves on a chart for doc to see. that nursing degree lets u jump around, u can go into anesthesia program after year or so of exp as nurse. income nearly doubles after finishing and becoming anesthesiologist.

& if i can make munz off mah animu activities best believe i'd be there doing it. but anime fans are cheap plebs who download animu and wont support the industry so yeah. nursing it is, for now.

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #113637
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

sounds good cez

chat thread has never been this active on a saturday

Old 11-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #113638
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

i does agree with u tho. if i had some knowledge on non college thingz i could do i would probably do that. except working in refineries lol. mightve done some apprentice shit of sorts for AC. or elevator repair zomfg my buddies gay friend does that. dude banks. has all dis schoolin now. might as well use it

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #113639
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

gay friend does it?

not the job for you
Old 11-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #113640
Ewok
denouncer of lost souls

Gun Down Gungan Champion Stande Champion
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes

I see hur wez gonna have to werk on our black and brown relations......
Old 11-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #113641
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

massa ewok up in dis bish

did I ever send you a KOURKE sticker?
Old 11-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #113642
Ewok
denouncer of lost souls

Gun Down Gungan Champion Stande Champion
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes
Ewok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishesEwok recycles dem bishes

Noez I haven't signed up fo yo website I has enough trouble keeping up on teh aot
Old 11-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #113643
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOURKE View Post
gay friend does it?

not the job for you
friends gay friend. is union jerb too apparently

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

just had 2 loaded taters, sum hawt dergs, 2 rebs, n 2 chikin legs so mash fullz

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #113644
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok View Post
Noez I haven't signed up fo yo website I has enough trouble keeping up on teh aot

just send me dat address so can send sticker

put on joo toolbox

Quote:

just had 2 loaded taters, sum hawt dergs, 2 rebs, n 2 chikin legs so mash fullz
Old 11-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #113645
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Went to movie. Doughboy was good. Hot dog and beers were ok. Interstellar was not that great. Good fodder for sequels and even a remake, but what I will remember most is three hours of a full bladder and too many really lame scenes where the dude has to sit there and emote.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #113646
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

lolz. girl on mah fb said it was amazing. i dont think it looks any good in the previews.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/04/sc...mid=tw-nytimes

:nope:

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 11-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #113647
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOURKE View Post
That's really not a huge jump if you think about. There's no amazing difference in your life if you go from making 20K to 50K or from 50K to 100K
What.

So getting a 200-250% raise isn't a big deal!?

Sent from my LG-D801
Old 11-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #113648
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Old 11-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #113649
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
lolz. girl on mah fb said it was amazing. i dont think it looks any good in the previews.

I'm easy to please. This may be the first time in my life I wanted to see a movie and was disappointed with the result. Look, you show me previews with spaceships and planets and shit and I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy the movie, but this was something else.

Here are a few complaints..

It was so tedious. It was 3 hours long and most of it wasn't anything happening or even any kind of interesting buildup. An awful lot of time is spent showing people sitting around the farmhouse with dirt on the table from the dust storms, staring at each other, making small talk.

A lot of it was the stereotypical actor sitting there emoting reactions to something. That's bad enough if a good actor does it. I had no idea who Matthew McConaughey was but my wife insisted that he's awful. I was like FIWDIL how bad can he be? Well, turns out he's pretty awful, and nowhere does that shine through more than when he's watching videomail from his aging, resentful children who he can't communicate back to. It looks like South Park making fun of that kind of scene, not like something meant to be taken seriously. Whether he's watching those videos, trying to communicate to his daughter through a dimensional time portal made out of a bookshelf, falling into a black hole, or dying on a hostile planet's surface, he looks like a fucking joke.

Then there were technical failures and suspension of disbelief issues, shit that keeps you from being immersed in the movie because it's just too hard to swallow or is straight-up wrong. Near the beginning there's a scene that could have pulled me right in, it was right out of my childhood, a dad with his kids in a piece of shit pickup and he's got the kid shifting the gears...except either the gears are in the wrong place or a Dodge dually has a dogleg pattern. Speaking of that truck, it's beat to shit at the beginning, with shit broken and rusted and what not, then 23+ years later it's in exactly the same condition and still being used daily. The writers were asleep at the wheel. Ok, enough about the truck, how about a spaceship with an ejection seat? How about falling into a black hole in a spacesuit and there's not even any kind of tidal gravity force, just a dude making funny faces? How about reconciling general relativity with quantum mechanics, encoding the explanation in binary, and sending that as morse code through the second hand on a watch? How about a space colonization ship that's got a baseball field, nice luxury houses, and yards, yet isn't a huge fucking Dyson sphere millions of miles across but actually is a cylinder about a hundred feet in diameter (yet somehow the baseball field, and the ground where each house is, is flat)?

There were cheesy robots, an inexplicable villain making bad decisions with inconsistent motivations, "love" as a quantifiable scientific intergalactic communication medium, an ugly chick, oh and the best spaceship pilot ever wasn't invited to NASA after a revolution even though everybody else there was...instead he became a farmer.

It's not all bad. The concept is great. The plot could be repaired. A remake could be quite good. Sequels, if they bring on different writers and actors, have the potential to be awesome...they'd be about the actual colonization of other planets, which I was hoping and expecting to see in 2 out of 3 hours of this thing.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #113650
stonehenge

cao-movie-reviews.com imo

Sent from my LG-D801